Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

SR springs - anyone using on GT w/track pack? Also, on sale $99/set 11/12/13

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/13, 06:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
SR springs - anyone using on GT w/track pack? Also, on sale $99/set 11/12/13

Just cruising around americanmuscle and noticed the SR springs (set of 4) on sale for $99. I had been planning to do p-springs, but for this price, I'll give these a shot I think

Anyone else with a Track Pack GT try these? I do plan to upgrade to adjustable struts/shocks, but interested to know what the actual drop is and if anyone with track pack struts/shocks have used just the springs?

Thanks
Old 11/13/13, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a ton of members on this forum running the SR springs with the stock struts/shocks actually. Hopefully some will chime in with their experience shortly.

You'll find the SR springs work nicely with the stock dampeners. With a complete drop of 1.5" around and progressive rate springs, they're one of the smoothest riding lowering springs with stock dampeners that I've experienced.

I do recommend using an adj panhard bar to recenter the rear axle under the body after the drop, though. When lowering an 05+ Mustang this much, an adj panhard bar is very necessary. Secondly, it's wise to use adj LCA's and UCA to regain the factory suspension geometry. The adj UCA is less "required" than adj LCA's, but it's best to use both.

There's a lot of factors when modifying any suspension properly. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 11/13/13 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11/13/13, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What are the rates on these?
Old 11/13/13, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
What are the rates on these?
Progressive so tough to identify a single spring rate
Old 11/13/13, 07:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Shane thanks for the input. Money saved on springs goes to adjustable panhard bar. Other supporting suspension upgrades are in the plans too. Plan to track the car so adjustable struts/shocks are coming this summer probably, but will get a couple thousand miles with new springs and stock struts
Old 11/13/13, 07:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sale is over now, right? Looks like $180 now. I was thinking k springs so these would have substituted perfectly.
Old 11/13/13, 08:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wow shortest sale I've seen in a while!! Back up to $180 already!! For once I got lucky with timing and got them at the low price!

I will get these installed in January most likely and I'm sure I will provide a write up initially and again once the warmer weather rolls around and I get the car out with sticky tires again
Old 11/13/13, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Be cool to see how they do. I feel like the Ford springs may be better, not knocking AM.
Old 11/13/13, 09:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Wow shortest sale I've seen in a while!! Back up to $180 already!! For once I got lucky with timing and got them at the low price!

I will get these installed in January most likely and I'm sure I will provide a write up initially and again once the warmer weather rolls around and I get the car out with sticky tires again
Make sure you document the actual change in ride height on the Track Pack, since they sit slightly lower than a normal GT.
Old 11/14/13, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Make sure you document the actual change in ride height on the Track Pack, since they sit slightly lower than a normal GT.
Yep I plan to. I thought track pack rides a little higher then base GT?
Old 11/14/13, 06:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
My experience is that you will want to change struts and shocks when you drop it.
Old 11/14/13, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor

Shane thanks for the input. Money saved on springs goes to adjustable panhard bar. Other supporting suspension upgrades are in the plans too. Plan to track the car so adjustable struts/shocks are coming this summer probably, but will get a couple thousand miles with new springs and stock struts
Good stuff! The panhard bar is not something to skip over. Glad you've decided to invest in one.

The SR spring do work well with the stock dampeners, but you're gonna love a new set of struts/shocks. They really help improve the handling!

Shane

Originally Posted by wheelman
That sale is over now, right? Looks like $180 now. I was thinking k springs so these would have substituted perfectly.
Sorry about the quick sale! The SR springs weren't actually supposed to be on sale the other day. There was a glitch in our system that we corrected.

Something tells me you may want to hold out a few weeks until Black Friday or Cyber Monday, before ordering new springs though...hint hint, cough cough. lol

Shane
Old 11/14/13, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Good stuff! The panhard bar is not something to skip over. Glad you've decided to invest in one.

The SR spring do work well with the stock dampeners, but you're gonna love a new set of struts/shocks. They really help improve the handling!

Shane

Sorry about the quick sale! The SR springs weren't actually supposed to be on sale the other day. There was a glitch in our system that we corrected.

Something tells me you may want to hold out a few weeks until Black Friday or Cyber Monday, before ordering new springs though...hint hint, cough cough. lol

Shane
Just got my SR springs installed today with Steeda Pro-Action shocks, struts, GT500 mounts and I love the stance . I haven't really pushed it hard to check out the handling as I didn't get a chance to install my BMR panhard bar and support brace yet but plan to tomorrow. I actually drove home from the my auto shop like a grandma cause I didn't get it installed, lol. Sorry for the crappy pic but its the best I have for now. I got mines on sale for $150 but man I wish I would have caught those few days it was $99 lol. Looking forward to the Black Friday deals as I still have many things to get on my Mod list.

Before & After
Attached Thumbnails SR springs - anyone using on GT w/track pack? Also, on sale /set 11/12/13-20130710_180757.jpg   SR springs - anyone using on GT w/track pack? Also, on sale /set 11/12/13-20131114_170903.jpg  

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 11/14/13 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11/14/13, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought it had a 1.5" drop. Doesn't really look like it dropped at all from those photos. I could be mistaken though.
Old 11/14/13, 08:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by V6 Driver
I thought it had a 1.5" drop. Doesn't really look like it dropped at all from those photos. I could be mistaken though.
Looks lower in the second pic to me.
Old 11/15/13, 05:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
1.5 is the advertised drop but the photo is right after install so the springs haven't had a chance to settle yet. Its dropped a little over 1" all around so far. I will get better pics and a review up soon.
Old 11/15/13, 08:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Please post a couple better lit pictures if you get a chance. Just over 1" drop is what I am going for. With my 18" track wheels I have a massive gap now. Have been happy with my suspension overall so far but the amount of dive under hard braking is a bit ridiculous and it will be very nice to get adjustable dampers in a bit to better interact wh head springs.
Old 11/15/13, 10:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, gotcha.

Shane
Thanks, Shane, was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping to pickup springs, panhard brace & relo bracket. Then I'll just need struts. Hoping the FR springs go on sale.
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
1.5 is the advertised drop but the photo is right after install so the springs haven't had a chance to settle yet. Its dropped a little over 1" all around so far. I will get better pics and a review up soon.
Looks good and now I feel better about the 1.5" drop. Was going to go with 1-1.25" but now with a 35 sidewall my fender gaps look huge.

Last edited by wheelman; 11/15/13 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11/15/13, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

OP, see if you can get the spring rates, and see if it's alright with AM to post them. It would be interesting to see if these are as good or better then the K springs rates.
Old 11/20/13, 09:06 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Cyclone + SR springs

Just cruising around americanmuscle and noticed the SR springs (set of 4) on sale for $99. I had been planning to do p-springs, but for this price, I'll give these a shot I think

Anyone else with a Track Pack GT try these? I do plan to upgrade to adjustable struts/shocks, but interested to know what the actual drop is and if anyone with track pack struts/shocks have used just the springs?

Thanks
man , that was a good price. I installed these springs and rode on the stock shocks/struts for a couple months. The ride became very harsh, the shocks, struts blew out.
I replaced them with Koni STR.t shocks & struts along with the GT500 strut mounts. Night and day difference.
Launched with better times and diminished the dip and dive.
The mounts brought the front down a little more and she is sitting good now.
It was sitting almost level with just the springs, the GT500 mounts made a difference in ride, noise, and stance, I recommend them.
I also have more suspension parts listed in my sig.
Here is shot of the ride height compared to the '14 5.0L trackpack
Attached Thumbnails SR springs - anyone using on GT w/track pack? Also, on sale /set 11/12/13-carshow1.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by CVH; 11/20/13 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: SR springs - anyone using on GT w/track pack? Also, on sale $99/set 11/12/13