Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Questions regarding LCA brackets

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/13, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions regarding LCA brackets

I currently have the FRPP K springs on my 2011 GT and I am about to upgrade my suspension. I am about to purchase an adjustable UCA, adjustable panhard bar, LCAs, and camber bolts.

Would I need to purchase LCA relocation brackets even though my UCA is adjustable? Would I be able to correct/tune my pinion angle off of the adjustable UCA alone?

Any insight would help a lot! Thanks!
Old 6/3/13, 03:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

You will likely still need the LCA relocation brackets to correct the angle of your LCAs, which cannot be corrected by an adjustable UCA. The adjustable UCA will allow you to correct the pinion angle, assuming you will be buying fixed length LCAs.
Old 6/3/13, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let us know if we can help you out. We have some great suspension packages that are suited to tailor your needs.

Cheers,

Jason
Old 6/4/13, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lowered cars need the relocation brackets!!
Old 6/4/13, 07:01 PM

Thank you for your replies. I have purchased a relocation bracket along with my other parts! I should have them early next week! I can't wait to install!!!!
Old 6/4/13, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

Are the relocation brackets hard to install? I only dropped mine 1.25" so do I even need the brackets or are they mainly for those who have an aggressive drop on there car?
Old 6/4/13, 10:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Are the relocation brackets hard to install? I only dropped mine 1.25" so do I even need the brackets or are they mainly for those who have an aggressive drop on there car?
I put them on my car because I wanted to do everything "right." I don't think it makes enough difference that I would do it again unless I felt I lost something after lowering. Many folks here say it isn't needed with minor lowering. I tend to agree.
Old 6/5/13, 07:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Dropped my car an inch and still did them, correct LCA placement, from what I have read, has the LCA pointing slightly towards the ground. Stock placement is pretty much parallel to the axle, and after lowered it is slightly higher then the axle, so I would say they are required unless you want wheel hop.