Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

k-springs vs sportlines - any difference in ride quality?

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/13, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
What part of the exhaust is hitting?
It's the bolts on the connector I need to get under there and cut the bolts back alittle. Besides that small issue I like the stance, the height, and the ride.
Old 5/10/13, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
He runs the tire shop for the army, not the exhaust shop. Next time I see a Humvee driving around on tires for a smart car, I'll know where it was serviced.
Well being that I'm in Afghanistan and hmmwv's are fased out of theater it's not me putting the tires on them. And yes it's HMMWV as in ( high mobility medium wheeled vehicle). Humvee is a civilian SUV.
Old 5/10/13, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kript2night

Well being that I'm in Afghanistan and hmmwv's are fased out of theater it's not me putting the tires on them. And yes it's HMMWV as in ( high mobility medium wheeled vehicle). Humvee is a civilian SUV.
I know, sorry for using the civvie term, couldn't remember the term. I'll stop trolling you since you're in the sandbox. Once you're back, it's on. My childhood best friend served multiple tours in Iraq at the peak of the Iraque conflict. Much respect to you.
Old 5/10/13, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I know, sorry for using the civvie term, couldn't remember the term. I'll stop trolling you since you're in the sandbox. Once you're back, it's on. My childhood best friend served multiple tours in Iraq at the peak of the Iraque conflict. Much respect to you.
LOL... Thanks didn't mean to mislead just trying to give some input I remember trying to choose which kit to get when I was trying to choose. I would have liked more input on things I might have gonna a different direction lol. Ill be glad to get back to the other side of the pond. My lil brother served in Iraq for a year and 1 in Afghanistan as well as a EOD Tech. Thanks for all the support..
Old 5/11/13, 03:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Well there's your problem. You're running 26" tall tires where a 27-28" tire should be.

Quit the tire business and put proper diameter tires on your car.
I want to Appoligize for the misinformation after calling home i was told my tires are 255/35/20 not 245/35/20.
Old 5/11/13, 09:27 AM
Banned

You called home from Afghanistan on a whim to win an Internet debate?
Old 5/11/13, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

You called home from Afghanistan on a whim to win an Internet debate?
Hell no I communicate with the family as much as possible I just brought the subject up and got corrected by the wife lol..
Old 5/12/13, 06:46 AM

essque -

Did you end up getting a set of sportlines? I was thinking about getting a set myself, noticed you were in Metro D also. Would like to check your out if you got them.

Thanks
Old 5/18/13, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Jay, thanks for the info. I'm going to sell the k-springs and try out the sportlines now. that's all i needed to hear! i'm running roush shocks/struts which are basically rebranded tokico HP's I believe. If they don't get the job done I'll definitely consider Koni's. thanks again.

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Sportlines are much better than K-springs as far as ride comfort however, that is a subjective opinion. If you match these up with quality dampers like koni the ride quality will be good. Stock dampers can't really handle the higher springs rate let alone the drop, you'll get the "bouncy" characteristics. K-springs aren't really that great as far as quality (depending on who made them that year for Ford) and performance.
Old 5/18/13, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

hey yeah i'm going to order a set now, i'll post after I get them installed. ill be on woodward all summer so maybe u can swing by and check them out if ur still interested.

Originally Posted by wickedpony
essque -

Did you end up getting a set of sportlines? I was thinking about getting a set myself, noticed you were in Metro D also. Would like to check your out if you got them.

Thanks
Old 5/18/13, 08:01 PM

Check out tire rack on ebay, cheapest price Ive found online for them @ 212 shipped. I ordered a set of sportlines Thursday and got them Friday. Im going to hopefully put them on tomorrow if I have time.

Ya we'll have to meet up on woodward sometime.
Old 5/19/13, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I grew up around Warren and Greenfield til we moved to Livonia and went to Franklin back in the day, been in NC since 2003. Depending on what I'm doing I plan on going up to MI for the cruise. Should be fun.
Old 5/19/13, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

wow, Ford HQ was right in your backyard . shoot me a PM if u go to the cruise, id like to check out your car. ill definitely be getting a spot in mustang alley this year.

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
I grew up around Warren and Greenfield til we moved to Livonia and went to Franklin back in the day, been in NC since 2003. Depending on what I'm doing I plan on going up to MI for the cruise. Should be fun.
Old 5/19/13, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

tire rack rules, thanks for the reminder. make sure to post some pics after the install.

Check out tire rack on ebay, cheapest price Ive found online for them @ 212 shipped. I ordered a set of sportlines Thursday and got them Friday. Im going to hopefully put them on tomorrow if I have time.

Ya we'll have to meet up on woodward sometime.
Old 5/21/13, 07:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HRB
Do we have issues with ford warranty if we made changes in suspension.
Originally Posted by Mr. V
It depends on the dealer. One dealer I spoke to said the suspension change would affect all parts that touch or could be affected by the suspension. Ex. Brakes, control arms, rear axel, etc. needless to say, I don't bring my car there. The dealer I bring my car to now told me it voids the warranty on the parts I replaced.
Aftermarket parts don’t automatically void any of your warranties, guys. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info, which is why I recommend speaking with your servicing dealer before installing any aftermarket parts to your vehicle.

Deysha
Old 5/23/13, 07:55 PM

I got the sportlines on Sunday. It rides pretty good, a lil more stiffer ride than stock but not by much. Ill post some pics this weekend when its cleaned up. The drop looks great!

Ill prolly be hitting woodward this weekend, '11 5.0, black, 5 spoke chrome rims
Old 5/23/13, 08:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

In to see the sportlines. Post pics guys that have them? I love seeing them
Old 5/27/13, 07:02 AM

Here are a few pics of the sportlines.

Name:  may162013_58_zps9512e5f6.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  may162013_68_zps0897ade1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  may162013_61_zps4a818cc2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  107.7 KB

Name:  may162013_59_zps07befb1d.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  93.5 KB
Old 5/27/13, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

that's the money shot!! nice job

Here are a few pics of the sportlines.

Old 5/27/13, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Screw the sportlines I like the wheels, great looking!

Quick Reply: k-springs vs sportlines - any difference in ride quality?