Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

I hate noob questions but here is one LOL

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/12, 10:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate noob questions but here is one LOL

WTH is "P" Springs?? My understanding is 1" drop springs from ford racing? Also, I have a 2011 GT. Is springs all I need to drop, and what other options are out there for springs only for 2011-2012??

Thanks all in advance. Learning is fun, asking questions is not, especially when I am infact a camaro/STi veteran LOL.
Old 7/13/12, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are no stupid questions...just stupid people who ask questions. The fact you went from a Camaro and STi to a Mustang indicates you're no longer stupid.

The Ford Racing 'P' springs (made by Eibach) are a 1" drop. Their 'K' springs are a 1.5" drop.

There are a handful of options. Personally, I'd also want to replace the OE dampers but I've read of some who've just changed out springs and are OK with that.

Many folks are very happy w/the 1" drop Steeda springs combined with the Koni dampers, either adjustable (1 metering valve in each which will adjust both compression and rebound...~ $100 more apiece) or non adjustable.

Do some advanced title searchs here. Also look at what's avail at some of the on line sites. Many have bought from Sam Strano. I purchased an FR3 adjustable pkg and am thrilled with it. Best price found, and an excellent price, was @ Tousley Ford, $1300 delivered. The non adj is ~ $300 less. Eibach is another option.

Lowering even 1" may cause front end alignment issues you won't want to live with.

Will also move your rearend towards the drivers side a bit, and you may not want to live with that, either. I didn't, and ended up dropping another $300+ on caster/camber adjustment plates which required me to tear down the front end again, then re-align, and $150 on adj panhard bar.

Without the plates and adj panhard, my L/R camber ended up at -1.1/-1.4 and my caster was inverted from desirable. Needed to scooch my rearend back towards the psgr side ~ 3/16" to re-center. I tried it for ~ 900 miles and it really trashed the front tires.

Last edited by dafreeze; 7/13/12 at 01:26 PM.