Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

EBC pads anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/13, 09:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBC pads anyone?

I am looking to eventually get new pads and wondered if anyone has used EBC. I am currently running HPS pads and wanted to know what might be close to the HP+'s if anyone is familiar with EBC. Also I wanted to know if they are worth the price, since Carbotech's are similar in price, from what I have seen.
Old 5/3/13, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brandon302
I am looking to eventually get new pads and wondered if anyone has used EBC. I am currently running HPS pads and wanted to know what might be close to the HP+'s if anyone is familiar with EBC. Also I wanted to know if they are worth the price, since Carbotech's are similar in price, from what I have seen.
I ran EBC yellows on my Acura TL type s (had the brembos). They worked great. I also used EBC rotors
Old 5/4/13, 05:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
I ran EBC yellows on my Acura TL type s (had the brembos). They worked great. I also used EBC rotors
Did you ever track the car on a road course or just street driving?
Old 5/7/13, 03:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Did you ever track the car on a road course or just street driving?
Street only
Old 5/7/13, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
I tried EBC yellows on my old STi and I found them lack luster. However I later found out that EBC highly recommends using their rotors with their pads...apparently they are designed to work together. I don't go in for that since their rotors do not impress me.
Old 5/12/13, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I used EBC Yellows on my '07 Dodge Charger SXT/AWD for "track pads" using the stock (RT) brakes. They worked well for me, but I was driving about 7/10ths or so... I did manage to beat a 2 minute lap time at Mid Ohio, though.

I liked the Yellows a lot for that purpose, and they held up VERY well on a 2-ton car! They also worked fine on the drive up and back on the roads. If they started to get noisy, a few hard stops would clear that up for a while. They DO need a little heat in them. I was also using stock rotors, and always did the bedding procedure whenever I swapped pads.

*This was before the EBC Blues came out... I've seen some confusion on the Blues, as they were originally supposed to be for big, heavy cars, but possibly were changed for slightly smaller cars, like the WRX?
Old 5/13/13, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ran two sets of the yellows: great street performance, quiet, dusty as hell, acceptable track performance (some fade, soft pedal but never enough to cause fear in a braking zone).

I've run a set of the blues: marginally less street performance, mostly quiet, dusty as hell, slightly better track performance, much better longevity on track. Definitely more temperature range to work with, although definitely not more bite as I had hoped.

Either make a fine street pad, inexpensive, but I'm a huge advocate of buying track brakes for track days. Its just too easy to change pads on these cars.
Old 5/13/13, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
Either make a fine street pad, inexpensive, but I'm a huge advocate of buying track brakes for track days. Its just too easy to change pads on these cars.
I have heard that if you go the way of track specific pads then you should get track specific rotors since pads should be bedded to their rotors, which is not something I currently have money for.
Old 5/13/13, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have heard that if you go the way of track specific pads then you should get track specific rotors since pads should be bedded to their rotors, which is not something I currently have money for.
These pads are fine, you just end up with half the braking performance a true track pad will yield. Additionally I'm looking forward to running a lower temp street pad to have better bite on the street, and less wear/dust.

Rotors for brembo cars can be sourced as little as $50 / rotor for quality blanks as well