The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f821/)
-   -   Best LCA (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f821/best-lca-532492/)

2011gt5.0 8/22/14 08:32 PM

Best LCA

What is your favorite LCA's? Did you have much increase in noise and did it help with wheel hop?

houtex 8/22/14 09:17 PM

You will get a lot of answers.

For me, I got a set of BMR black hammertone poly-poly rear lower control arms, and I couldn't be happier. Hop is GONE. Either the tires hold, or they spin, but no more shudder. I hated the shudder. And I don't notice any real noise to be honest. I used Mobil One Red Synthetic grease on them, but I don't think that's the key.

But that's me saying for the last 2000 miles. Ask me again in another 10K or something.

Also, since I lowered her 1", I got the BMR black hammertone poly-poly adjustable panhard bar. I'm not terribly sure that was required, since 1" is not a big drop, but it was relatively cheap to add, and I know she's centered for sure. Again, not noticing any noise with any of these.

All three arms/bars were *real* easy to install. Hardest part was the panhard adjustment. I was having trouble getting it in at the stock length (as measured by sticking the bolts through both bars) so I had to.. uh.. shorten(?) it to get it in, which then caused me to have to adjust it back to centered. Not a big deal, really, did it in the parking lot. Just needed big wrenches.

Oh and be sure to do any chassis measuring with half a tank of gas in the car.

It's important to note that mine was a mild drop, and just replacing with better than stock, which was worn out and squeaking. She's a daily with 112+K miles on her. If your plans are different, more aggressive drop, drag racing, street course, etc. you need to do something different, likely, like consider adjustable arms, or relocation brackets. And even possibly an upper mount too (I didn't, if that matters.) The lower the drop, the pinion angle must be corrected. The harsher the use, perhaps BMR isn't the way to go (although I can't see how, they're pretty stout, to me...)

So do your research and buy accordingly. Which, I suppose was the reason for the question. :)

Hope that helps ya! :nice:

2011gt5.0 8/23/14 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 6843399)
You will get a lot of answers.

For me, I got a set of BMR black hammertone poly-poly rear lower control arms, and I couldn't be happier. Hop is GONE. Either the tires hold, or they spin, but no more shudder. I hated the shudder. And I don't notice any real noise to be honest. I used Mobil One Red Synthetic grease on them, but I don't think that's the key.

But that's me saying for the last 2000 miles. Ask me again in another 10K or something.

Also, since I lowered her 1", I got the BMR black hammertone poly-poly adjustable panhard bar. I'm not terribly sure that was required, since 1" is not a big drop, but it was relatively cheap to add, and I know she's centered for sure. Again, not noticing any noise with any of these.

All three arms/bars were *real* easy to install. Hardest part was the panhard adjustment. I was having trouble getting it in at the stock length (as measured by sticking the bolts through both bars) so I had to.. uh.. shorten(?) it to get it in, which then caused me to have to adjust it back to centered. Not a big deal, really, did it in the parking lot. Just needed big wrenches.

Oh and be sure to do any chassis measuring with half a tank of gas in the car.

It's important to note that mine was a mild drop, and just replacing with better than stock, which was worn out and squeaking. She's a daily with 112+K miles on her. If your plans are different, more aggressive drop, drag racing, street course, etc. you need to do something different, likely, like consider adjustable arms, or relocation brackets. And even possibly an upper mount too (I didn't, if that matters.) The lower the drop, the pinion angle must be corrected. The harsher the use, perhaps BMR isn't the way to go (although I can't see how, they're pretty stout, to me...)

So do your research and buy accordingly. Which, I suppose was the reason for the question. :)

Hope that helps ya! :nice:

Thanks for the info. I do take her to the drag strip once a year but as an everyday driver even in the snow nice is a factor. I have no plans in lowering the car due to winter and the decrease in traction. I have autocrossed the car so I didnt want to lose handling. I will look the BMR up,
Thanks

Mr. V 8/23/14 08:47 AM

I have the steeda billet lcas. They are very quiet. I don't have any added nvh. When I started looking at lcas, I read about some people having issues with tubular lcas having noise. I couldn't find any posts of people with billet lcas having noise issues. I played it safe and purchased billet lcas. I love the look too. I believe any billet lca would be a safe bet in regards to noise.

tj@steeda 8/24/14 07:24 PM

I have the steeda billet lcas. They are very quiet. I don't have any added nvh. When I started looking at lcas, I read about some people having issues with tubular lcas having noise. I couldn't find any posts of people with billet lcas having noise issues. I played it safe and purchased billet lcas. I love the look too. I believe any billet lca would be a safe bet in regards to noise.
Great answer!

Let me know if I can help assist you with a set of LCA's.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ

Jay@Hypermotive 8/26/14 05:51 AM

I personally would go with BMR, quiet and priced very well.

tj@steeda 8/26/14 08:35 AM

Our units are currently on sale for Labor Day ... you can get them at 20% off the sale price. Use promo code LD14SALE

www.steeda.com

Best Regards,

TJ

Brandon302 8/26/14 10:52 AM

Went with Whiteline adjustable LCA's, had them on the car for about 35k miles and had no issues so far.

silverstate777 8/26/14 01:33 PM

I went with the rubber bushed FRPP LCA’s for my daily driver/non-race street application.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9630

houtex 8/26/14 09:14 PM

See? Different. :D

CiniZter 8/27/14 01:43 PM

i have steeda. no issues and been happy with the product

tj@steeda 8/27/14 02:06 PM

i have steeda. no issues and been happy with the product
The people have spoken!

Best Regards,

TJ

houtex 8/27/14 10:48 PM

We have!

BMR ftw!

:poke: :stirpot: :devil:

Jay@Hypermotive 8/28/14 01:31 AM

Its hard to deny the R&D that goes into BMR. More cars running BMR than any other brand out there on these S197 cars. More record breaking cars are running BMR on the strip. For track (road course), Cortex is the way to go.

For street and strip, BMR hands down.

GT50GO 8/28/14 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 6843399)
Hop is GONE. Either the tires hold, or they spin, but no more shudder. I hated the shudder. And I don't notice any real noise to be honest.

Agree, I've got about 8,000 miles on my BMR billet aluminum LCA with BMR relocation Brackets.

tj@steeda 8/28/14 06:20 PM

Here is a great video that we did on our units:

You can also read more here ... you won't be disappointed in the Steeda quality that goes into our parts.

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2012/01/t...-control-arms/

You can email me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ

Jazzman442 8/28/14 07:44 PM

Ok I need some information here. I have a 2014 Gt track car. It has LCA that look a lot like the Ford Racing or the Steeda ones? Do just the Track cars have these?

I think you have to look at what you are going to do with the car and how you drive it. I can set up a car one way and if it does not match your driving style you will hate it.

Most of these company's have really good products. Not all I would use if I was driving a street car.

silverstate777 8/28/14 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 6845256)
Ok I need some information here. I have a 2014 Gt track car. It has LCA that look a lot like the Ford Racing or the Steeda ones? Do just the Track cars have these?

I think you have to look at what you are going to do with the car and how you drive it. I can set up a car one way and if it does not match your driving style you will hate it.

Most of these company's have really good products. Not all I would use if I was driving a street car.

Did you see the tech notes in the FRPP LCA link?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9630

Your ‘14 GT track pack should already have them.:dunno:

The other FRPP LCA choices are:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13109

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10918

Jazzman442 8/28/14 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by silverstate777 (Post 6845281)

For some reason your links do not work. They try tacking you to some where else.

Yes the ones on the track car are great. If the Gt500 and Boss have them then they are good enough for me.

If I was building a total race car then I would go with one that has tighter bushings. But I think these are great for street and track use.

silverstate777 8/29/14 05:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 6845290)
For some reason your links do not work. They try tacking you to some where else.

Yes the ones on the track car are great. If the Gt500 and Boss have them then they are good enough for me.

If I was building a total race car then I would go with one that has tighter bushings. But I think these are great for street and track use.

Links not working for you? Hmmm ... try a search for FRPP LCA part: M-5538-A, they should already be on your ‘14 track pack. These are the same LCA I installed on my ‘14 base model as an upgrade. (info below) Other FRPP LCA’s are: M-5650-A and M-5649-S