Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Anyone have these BMR front lower control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/13, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have these BMR front lower control arms?

Hi, so I have a 2012 mustang GT. The dealer swapped out my front lower control arms 4 times already and the squeak/groan noise is there. It occurs whenever I go over a speed bump or small pot hole. The dealer confirmed the noise is coming from the front lower control arm hydro bushings. There is a TSB out. After 4 replacements, the bushings still fail and produce this awful noise. The noise ONLY occurs in hot weather (80 degree+, and after driving for 20 minutes). I found these after market front lower control arms http://www.cjponyparts.com/bmr-front...-2013/p/LCA82/
I was wondering if anyone has them and if someone can give me some advice.
Old 3/20/13, 09:13 AM

I am the person who reviewed them on CJ pony parts. I replaced mine because my ford would not cover the factory control arms after I put my new springs/struts on the car.

the install took about 5 hours in the garage (2nd one went much quicker as usual) fitment was great except for the rear grease fitting, my grease gun connector coundnt fit in the slot provided by the car for greasing, i had to modify my connector of my greast gun with a grinder to fit.

100% better than the factory control arms IMO. I could not stand the groaning noise from the factory control arms.

I can take some pictures tonight and post up if you wana see them on the car.
Old 3/20/13, 06:26 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

I have them. Get the regular size ball joint. I got the tall and they were defective and squeaked. Bmr swapped them out and since then all has been good.

The install cost was more than the part. They give my installer fits.
Old 3/22/13, 11:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by styszka
I am the person who reviewed them on CJ pony parts. I replaced mine because my ford would not cover the factory control arms after I put my new springs/struts on the car.

the install took about 5 hours in the garage (2nd one went much quicker as usual) fitment was great except for the rear grease fitting, my grease gun connector coundnt fit in the slot provided by the car for greasing, i had to modify my connector of my greast gun with a grinder to fit.

100% better than the factory control arms IMO. I could not stand the groaning noise from the factory control arms.

I can take some pictures tonight and post up if you wana see them on the car.
I heard after market front lower control arms such as this one causes steering wheel shudder and/or other problems is this true?
Old 3/23/13, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Will3212
I heard after market front lower control arms such as this one causes steering wheel shudder and/or other problems is this true?
I talked to Whiteline about installing their Anti-Dive Control Arm Bushings on my 2012 and was told the change in geometry confuses the traction control.
Old 3/24/13, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacing the bushings in the front lower control arms would be the best option. I sell BMR, love the product but if you read around aftermarket front control arms are no where near as strong as stock. Many have cracked during racing or normal street driving. Energy suspension sells a bushing kits, its a safer and much cheaper option.