Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Air Lift Performance Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/17, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Lift Performance Suspension

I want to upgrade the suspension system on my 2007 CS/GT. I was going to install the Ford Performance Assembled Adjustable Handling Pack until a friend told me to move to an Air Lift Performance Suspension Kit.

have anyone installed an Air Lift Performance Suspension Kit for street use? How do they corner as compared to the Ford Performance System?

Thanks & Regards
Old 2/10/17, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Since the Ford pack runs about $1,700, how much does the Air Lift Performance Suspension Kit run?
Old 2/10/17, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I have the Airlift V2 kit on my car. The performance of the components is awesome. They can compare to any good coilover kit on the market, with the obvious benefit of height adjustability on the fly.

As far as air management, the V2 kit is not the best. It takes multiple presses of the preset button to get the manifold to adjust to your desired pressures. Everyone I know with the V2 kit has this problem and even people with the 3P kit (newer version) have the same issue, so this seems to be an Airlift thing. I know people who are running Accuair and they don't have this issue. They press their preset button and the manifold adjusts to that height in one motion.

So with that said, I would either piece together the Airlift kit by buying their suspension components, then buying the compressor(s), tank and air management system elsewhere, or just get a complete kit from Accuair.

In conclusion, I don't think I could go back to steel springs. I paid about $2800 for my kit from Hypermotive, but if you piece the kit together you can even beat that price. Once you feel the smooth ride on the freeway and have the ability to never scrape going up your driveway or over speed bumps, the cost is SO worth it.
Old 2/10/17, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laserred38,
AmericanMuscle.com sells complete suspension kit from vendor "Air Lift Performance" for $3,250 vs. the Ford Racing coil-over kit at $1,770 for the adjustable kit however, I have to crawl under my car to adjust it. I will take a look at the Hypermotive, Accuair. Thanks for the information.
Old 2/10/17, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also interested in this setup, let us know how it goes...
LJS
Old 2/10/17, 12:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Skydiver
laserred38,
AmericanMuscle.com sells complete suspension kit from vendor "Air Lift Performance" for $3,250 vs. the Ford Racing coil-over kit at $1,770 for the adjustable kit however, I have to crawl under my car to adjust it. I will take a look at the Hypermotive, Accuair. Thanks for the information.
That's retail pricing. Hypermotive gives forum members a discount. I've had Maximum Motorsports coilovers on my 03 GT. I loved them, minus having to get out and adjust the height manually. You get 30 position adjustable struts with Airlift and 15 position rear shocks. You still have to adjust the valving of the shocks manually, but adjusting the height from the cabin is awesome. Also, the static height of the struts and shocks are adjustable, just like a normal set of coilovers. This allows you to fine tune your ride height perfectly because they more air you run, the stiffer the bag is (and of course, raises the car).

I run 55psi in the front bags and 60psi in the rear, with the rear shocks set to full soft and the front struts set to +12 stiff. This allows the car to ride like a BMW on the freeway. It's a little soft for hardcore turning, but I hardly ever do any of that anymore. I did lengthen my struts and shocks about 1/2" from out of the box, which allowed me to run less air at my desired ride height. I drive around at a height that is about Eibach Pro-kit or Steeda Sport level. This way I don't need an adjustable UCA and don't really need to go up over speed bumps, unless they're really tall.
Old 2/11/17, 02:05 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Name:  photo111.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  147.6 KB

Plus you can do this
Old 2/11/17, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Plus you can do this