Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

55D Spring Kit

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/12, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilks
Thats the way it should have looked straight from ford
I wished they thought that way too...

but they probably add the height to the rear of the car for the two additional passengers (which we never carry) and luggage in the back for that trip to AC or Las Vegas
Old 5/18/12, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice improvement but I still think you should've gone with either Steeda Sport or Eibach Pro Springs.
Old 5/18/12, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by newpony
Nice improvement but I still think you should've gone with either Steeda Sport or Eibach Pro Springs.
^ This.
Old 5/20/12, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
why so you have to get struts, shocks, adjustable panhard, camber bolts or plates, Bump steer kit, lower control arms, etc.. just to get it to ride like stock??

considering the price of admission is only $139 i think it's a great mod. Minimizes the high raked look and doesn't compromise ride quality. how is that not a win for a street driven car?? does a slammed car have a nicer stance?? Sure it does but it costs a lot of money to get it right.
Old 5/21/12, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by going for broke
why so you have to get struts, shocks, adjustable panhard, camber bolts or plates, Bump steer kit, lower control arms, etc.. just to get it to ride like stock??

considering the price of admission is only $139 i think it's a great mod. Minimizes the high raked look and doesn't compromise ride quality. how is that not a win for a street driven car?? does a slammed car have a nicer stance?? Sure it does but it costs a lot of money to get it right.
No true at all. If you were going with extreme lowering springs like the Eibach Sportline then yes you may need to change those things. The ones I recommended are mild drop (0.8-1" front/ 1.3-1.5" back max). Besides the stock POS shocks should be replaced anyways.

I have the Steeda Ultralights 1.1" front/1.5" back and I find amazing that my car doesn't look lowered at all, it looks normal like it came like that from the factory. In other cars that kind of drop will give that lowered or slammed look but on Mustangs it makes the car look normal - amazing!!
Old 10/5/12, 08:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 541 Likes on 422 Posts
Some of the pictures in this thread seem to have gone away ...

Anybody else have pics of these springs installed?
Old 10/5/12, 05:59 PM
V6 Member

Here are some pictures from our Brembo50.com members with the 55D Spring Kit installed.

Old 10/5/12, 06:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, I've seen those pics once or twice or .... a few times. lol

I went ahead and placed my order earlier today ... soon I'll get a much better look at a 55D-equipped Mustang

The blue Mustang in the pic below kinda made up my mind ...
(Also in the set of pics posted above)

Once opened, the pics below are quite a bit larger and you can see a lot better what this kit gives for a ride height

Attached Thumbnails 55D Spring Kit-55dcomparo3.jpg   55D Spring Kit-55d_p101.jpg  

Last edited by Gabe; 10/5/12 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10/20/12, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Very nice...does anyone have before and after measurements?
Old 10/31/12, 08:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 300AGT
I Have them on my Car with a set of Koni STR.T shock & struts .I like this set-up better than my steeda sport springs i ran on my car for a about year. Using the stock Brembo front springs with the 55D spring in the back keeps the the steering the same as stock .The steeda spring will make car under steer more compair to the stock springs and will needs a sway bar change to get it to work the same as stock. The 55D spring fells like it dose a better job at taking big bump at high speed to me . The car looks better with the steeda spring sport than the 55D spring but i like the way the 55D spring works over all on the car better.
Do you ever take this set up on a track day? I am having trouble deciding on what to do with my suspension. I was pretty set on the ford racing handling pack.

Then I read a lot of threads saying to call Sam Strano before you buy a set up. He recommended the Koni sports and steeda sport springs.

I've moved to a new apartment and the driveway and speed bumps make my car scrape at stock height. That is with going slow and angling my car.

I'm thinking now maybe the 55d springs and Koni sports from strano may be the ticket. I do plan on tracking the car on a road course a couple of times a year.
Old 10/31/12, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V

Do you ever take this set up on a track day? I am having trouble deciding on what to do with my suspension. I was pretty set on the ford racing handling pack.

Then I read a lot of threads saying to call Sam Strano before you buy a set up. He recommended the Koni sports and steeda sport springs.

I've moved to a new apartment and the driveway and speed bumps make my car scrape at stock height. That is with going slow and angling my car.

I'm thinking now maybe the 55d springs and Koni sports from strano may be the ticket. I do plan on tracking the car on a road course a couple of times a year.
Do this, maybe adding some stiffer/adjustable sway bars and maybe an adjustable PHB and I think you'd be good to go. I might even add Boss front springs to that mix.

Another option, Boss front springs, 55D rears, Boss adjustable shocks and struts, Boss LS sways. A rear shock tower brace will help the car rotate and keep it flatter too. Lots of options if you don't want to lower it...
Old 11/9/12, 11:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, my 55D rear springs are finally on a brown truck somewhere ... they're due to be here on the 15th ... hopefully installed on the 16th ...

(along with the new BMR rear lower control arms, Barton shifter bracket, and maybe even a new driveshaft ... lol)

(oh, and I'm gonna get an oil and filter change done too )

Last edited by Gabe; 11/9/12 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11/10/12, 02:56 PM

Anybody install these in a NON Brembo car? Opinions?
Old 11/10/12, 03:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MikeyNice
Anybody install these in a NON Brembo car? Opinions?
People have, yes, I saw a few over on their forums ... it evens out the height of the car regardless of what brakes the car has, they may just be a tad stiffer than the non-Brembo cars ... don't think it would be noticeably harsher, but not sure ...
Old 11/10/12, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe

People have, yes, I saw a few over on their forums ... it evens out the height of the car regardless of what brakes the car has, they may just be a tad stiffer than the non-Brembo cars ... don't think it would be noticeably harsher, but not sure ...
I have seen pics also and they look good. I am more concerned about how they affect ride quality compared to stock.

Quick Reply: 55D Spring Kit