Notices
Deep Impact Blue

The Frozn Pony

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/17, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Frozn Pony

I bought my Mustang new 4 years aog and have done a few mods along the way but never though to create a build thread to keep everything in one place. I've got lots of idea for the car but not sure what will happen or when but at least I'll have somewhere to track it.

It is a 2013 V6 Premium Pony Package

The choice of Frozn Pony as a name is simple. I bought my Mustang specifically to be my daily driver 12 months a year. My friends questioned that logic both before and after I bought it but it has matched anything thrown at it, from fun cruises in the summer to a one-day 20" snow storm and even a Yaris. To be honest the Yaris incident is was finally started me making the Mustang my own.

For today's post, I'll just show the starting point. Here it is as I picked it up from the dealer during the winter.

And here it is in the spring back to as it left the factory.

Old 2/18/17, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Is it still shiny? I've been driving my 17 Ecoboost in New Brunswick all winter, and it's not shiny. Can't wait for spring...
Old 2/18/17, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Sarge
Is it still shiny? I've been driving my 17 Ecoboost in New Brunswick all winter, and it's not shiny. Can't wait for spring...
No pictures, but at the moment it is more of a white than blue from the salt.
The following users liked this post:
Sarge (2/19/17)
Old 2/19/17, 08:14 AM
V6 Member

I had owned the car for a year and a half and managed to not do any mods to it. That all changed when it was rear-ended while driving to work one day by a Toyota Yaris. After the police were done with the situation I got back in and drove to work with a new rattle from the bent exhaust while the Yaris left on a flatbed.

Visually the damage wasn't too bad but in the end they replaced the bumper cover, the foam behind it and the passenger side exhaust from the tip to in front of the rear axle since it bent over the axle.

Since it was at a body shop already, they would be mixing paint to match and I wanted a CS spoiler I decided to go for it.

Old 2/19/17, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by car_designer
No pictures, but at the moment it is more of a white than blue from the salt.
Preach, brother! Sometimes I can't even see my rocker panel stripes.
Old 2/26/17, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

Roush fog lights

Once the spoiler was on, my "gonna keep it stock" attempts went out the window. The next mod was updating the fog lights. I wanted something that looked more aggressive than the factory V6 foglights. When I first saw the Roush fog lights I knew that was the ones.

This is the most intensive mod I've done to my Mustang yet and the first one I did myself. Luckily there were good instructions that made the process simple enough.

My one improvement to the instructions: specify where the long and short screws are supposed to go.

The most difficult step of the whole process for me was cutting up a perfectly good bumper. Even after measuring over and over it was a challenge. Once the first cut was made it got surprisingly easy.

Overall the process went smoothly and the outcome was just what I wanted.

Old 3/4/17, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice!