Notices
Gotta Have It Green

2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/14, 09:49 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
She's a beauty. Actually I'm not sure the stripes are silver or a light grey.
Automatic tho????
Old 1/28/14, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Automatic tho????

Yeeeees. I don't know how to drive a manual.
Old 1/29/14, 06:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
She's a beauty. Actually I'm not sure the stripes are silver or a light grey.
That is NASTY! When do you pick her up?!? lol
Yeah,...the stripes look light light grey and silver.
Old 1/29/14, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Ha ha, she is menacing looking isn't she?

Think I will drop by tomorrow to make the swap. Try not to get a ticket on the way home. lol.

But really, I may go this weekend or weekend after next. Need to go out that way to take my daughter shopping for a prom dress.
Old 1/30/14, 03:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Ha ha, she is menacing looking isn't she?

Think I will drop by tomorrow to make the swap. Try not to get a ticket on the way home. lol.
But really, I may go this weekend or weekend after next. Need to go out that way to take my daughter shopping for a prom dress.
Yeah,...she's gorgeous. The new wheels are growing on me too.
Old 1/31/14, 02:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Nice out?!?!
Fired her up.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3-20140131_152235.jpg   2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3-20140131_152310.jpg  
Old 1/31/14, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

When are you going to make a sound clip of that beastly growl?
Old 1/31/14, 03:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

When are you going to make a sound clip of that beastly growl?
I have a couple on my phone already to show the guys at work.
I never have uploaded them. It is a beastly growl.
Old 1/31/14, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I just made one of mine last weekend. My daughter was holding the camera. LOL her face when I really laid on it. It looked like this . I thought it was because of the noise but it was the mustang spitting on her. lol.
Old 1/31/14, 06:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I just made one of mine last weekend. My daughter was holding the camera. LOL her face when I really laid on it. It looked like this . I thought it was because of the noise but it was the mustang spitting on her. lol.
HA HAAAAAA
Yeah,...they get pretty nasty.
Old 2/1/14, 01:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Where and how have you insured your car? I just ran into a hiccup with my current provider (Geico). They're now telling me they won't renew my Roush insurance because it is too much of a performance car. I've had zero accidents or tickets and have other cars I insure with no problems.
Old 2/1/14, 01:15 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush
Where and how have you insured your car? I just ran into a hiccup with my current provider (Geico). They're now telling me they won't renew my Roush insurance because it is too much of a performance car. I've had zero accidents or tickets and have other cars I insure with no problems.
You need to talk to them and find out what they are seeing when they look at your car. I ran into the same thing with my Shelby GT. I hate to tell you, but when the insurance company (or carfax or anyone else) checks your car it is nothing more than a Mustang GT when they look at the VIN. It might have $30K dollars worth of Roush stuff on it when you bought it, the sticker price might have been $50K, but in reality its just a Mustang GT when they run the VIN.

No disrespect, don't mean anything by it, but the car will always be valued by the VIN, its just a regular old GT. All that money you paid for it because a dealer sold it to you as a "Roush" means nothing to them. As far as they are concerned its just a Mustang GT, and if something happens to it, that is what they're going to pay out on it.
Old 2/1/14, 05:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You need to talk to them and find out what they are seeing when they look at your car. I ran into the same thing with my Shelby GT. I hate to tell you, but when the insurance company (or carfax or anyone else) checks your car it is nothing more than a Mustang GT when they look at the VIN. It might have $30K dollars worth of Roush stuff on it when you bought it, the sticker price might have been $50K, but in reality its just a Mustang GT when they run the VIN. No disrespect, don't mean anything by it, but the car will always be valued by the VIN, its just a regular old GT. All that money you paid for it because a dealer sold it to you as a "Roush" means nothing to them. As far as they are concerned its just a Mustang GT, and if something happens to it, that is what they're going to pay out on it.
No I get that part...insurance companies go by the VIN to charge their premiums.

What I'm asking is how the other Roush owners are handling their insurance...this is probably a topic for a new thread.
Old 2/1/14, 09:08 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You need to talk to them and find out what they are seeing when they look at your car. I ran into the same thing with my Shelby GT. I hate to tell you, but when the insurance company (or carfax or anyone else) checks your car it is nothing more than a Mustang GT when they look at the VIN. It might have $30K dollars worth of Roush stuff on it when you bought it, the sticker price might have been $50K, but in reality its just a Mustang GT when they run the VIN.
^^This is how my car is being insured. As a Mustang GT. (Car starts it's life out as a Mustang GT and the VIN doesn't change even though it goes to Roush for all the high performance/interior upgrades after being built.)
I am with Liberty Mutual Insurance and have been for a long time. I had my previous toy, a Camaro SS on there as well with zero problems along with my daily driver.
And, my "sticker price" was well over 50K.
Old 2/1/14, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
^^This is how my car is being insured. As a Mustang GT. (Car starts it's life out as a Mustang GT and the VIN doesn't change even though it goes to Roush for all the high performance/interior upgrades after being built.) I am with Liberty Mutual Insurance and have been for a long time. I had my previous toy, a Camaro SS on there as well with zero problems along with my daily driver. And, my "sticker price" was well over 50K.
If you were to get in an accident, to what level will your insurance company repair or replace your car...only to GT level and you soak up the cost of the Roush package?
Old 2/1/14, 09:33 AM
I Have No Life

Guys... Same story with mine. Mine is insured as a gt. After I put my blower on, insurance rates don't go up. However, I had them add on the coverage my supercharger and rims so that if car gets wrecked or accident or stolen, they will also replace the blower and rims. It only added 5 bucks a month to cover everything (10k worth of mods). Insurance is about 60 a month.
Old 2/1/14, 11:37 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

If you were to get in an accident, to what level will your insurance company repair or replace your car...only to GT level and you soak up the cost of the Roush package?
No, because the car has full coverage on it and I just pay the deductible.
I don't think it works that way. If they question it, you show them your sell sheet from the dealership when you bought the car as new Roush Stage 3.
I don't think there is an option to insure a "Roush Stage 3" insurance.
Old 2/1/14, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
No, because the car has full coverage on it and I just pay the deductible. I don't think it works that way. If they question it, you show them your sell sheet from the dealership when you bought the car as new Roush Stage 3. I don't think there is an option to insure a "Roush Stage 3" insurance.
If you were to ask your insurance company you may be surprised. As stated earlier the insurance company will use the VIN to lookup what OEM options were on the vehicle and repair to that level or pay the value if the car was totaled...unless you identify to them you have options or package(s) added which they agree to insure (usually for a cost)

If you've insured your Roush as a 'simple' GT then you are not normally covering your RS3 package.
Old 2/1/14, 01:31 PM
I Have No Life

If you were to ask your insurance company you may be surprised. As stated earlier the insurance company will use the VIN to lookup what OEM options were on the vehicle and repair to that level or pay the value if the car was totaled...unless you identify to them you have options or package(s) added which they agree to insure (usually for a cost) If you've insured your Roush as a 'simple' GT then you are not normally covering your RS3 package.
Best choice is to just ask your insurance people...
Old 2/1/14, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Guys... Same story with mine. Mine is insured as a gt. After I put my blower on, insurance rates don't go up. However, I had them add on the coverage my supercharger and rims so that if car gets wrecked or accident or stolen, they will also replace the blower and rims. It only added 5 bucks a month to cover everything (10k worth of mods). Insurance is about 60 a month.
If you don't mind me asking...who are you insured with?

Quick Reply: 2013 GHIG Roush Stage 3