Notices
Race Red

Just pick up my 2013 Race Red GT w/ Track Package

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 02:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just pick up my 2013 Race Red GT w/ Track Package

... and Electronics Package, Comfort Package, and Interior Trim package (w/ brick red leather seats w/ cashmere stripe, brick red leather door inserts, brick red leather steering wheel, and steel ball shifter).

Effin' amazing! I've owned four Mustangs since the 2011 re-engineering, including a '12 Boss, and this is my favorite.

I'm uploading a walkaround video of it right now and will link it in here when it's up!

I was iffy on the red leather when I checked the car out late last night after the dealership closed, but it looks much better in person, in the daytime, not looking at it through the glass. I think I'd still prefer the charcoal color, but this is pretty unique and grew on me pretty fast.

I can't wait to try out the Track Apps.
Old 4/4/12, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations!!! Looking forward to your video and please give us a short review when you get a chance.
Old 4/4/12, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

where's that walkaround video??
Old 4/4/12, 02:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jmillz
where's that walkaround video??
Uploaded, but still processing, my man.

Soon enough!
Old 4/4/12, 02:40 PM
V6 Member

Here's the link. It's an unlisted video so only you guys can see it by clicking the link!

If it doesn't play right away it should be up in a minute. I think it's still processing.
Old 4/4/12, 05:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Glad you're happy with it. That's the ultimate aim when you order a car. Brick red is a bit too much red for me, but it looks like a really nice setup.
Old 4/4/12, 06:41 PM
V6 Member

Looks nice!
Old 4/4/12, 07:13 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good. Wouldn't mind having the Track Apps.
Old 4/4/12, 07:35 PM
V6 Member

I didn't order this car, it just happened to be so close to what I wanted I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I would have ordered it with Charcoal interior, but the red grew on me pretty fast and while some hate it, the vast majority of people love it. I'm happy, though.

Thanks for the input and congratulations, guys!
Old 4/4/12, 08:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red on Red very nice

ps.. get the dealer sticker off
Old 4/4/12, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I love your car. Very nice. The brick is awesome, esp. since it's basically two-tone with black. Awesome.
Old 4/4/12, 10:48 PM
Cobra Member

That's georgous. I'm loving the '13's more and more.
Old 4/4/12, 11:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 13TrackPack
Here's the link. It's an unlisted video so only you guys can see it by clicking the link!

13 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - YouTube

If it doesn't play right away it should be up in a minute. I think it's still processing.
Your car is just beautiful & Best of luck with it!
Old 4/5/12, 12:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
Red on Red very nice

ps.. get the dealer sticker off
Already gone.

Thanks again, guys! I have more videos coming showing off the MyColor and Electronics Package more.
Old 4/5/12, 01:36 AM

Sharp looking vehicle

13TP,

Congrats. That car looks like a future classic.

I tell you, at first I thought that the front end looked too bulbous, but now it is growing on me. I am now more confident for ordering my 2013 Sterling Grey. Since I am out of the country and wont see a real one until I get back to the states, this is the only way I can get a real feel for the look of the car. I just wish someone would post video or pictures of a Sterling Grey.

Now, you mentioned your long list of Mustangs, so I bet that qualifies you as a good judge. Did you trade up from the V6 MCA because you felt the power was inadequate, or did you want more from the V8? I ordered a V6 because I felt I wont need 420 horses, but I would hate to get stuck with a car that feels under powered with a V6. Unfortunately since I am deployed I can't drive one to compare until I come home in July, and by then my V6 will be waiting for me. Henceforth, that is why I would appreciate your comments on the V6 power to weight to fun ratio.

Sal

By the way, thanks for taking the time to do the video.

Last edited by saldman; 4/5/12 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Because I can
Old 4/5/12, 08:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts
Nice. I really like the Track Pack option. I didn't know about the dash read-outs.
Old 4/5/12, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by saldman
13TP,

Congrats. That car looks like a future classic.

I tell you, at first I thought that the front end looked too bulbous, but now it is growing on me. I am now more confident for ordering my 2013 Sterling Grey. Since I am out of the country and wont see a real one until I get back to the states, this is the only way I can get a real feel for the look of the car. I just wish someone would post video or pictures of a Sterling Grey.

Now, you mentioned your long list of Mustangs, so I bet that qualifies you as a good judge. Did you trade up from the V6 MCA because you felt the power was inadequate, or did you want more from the V8? I ordered a V6 because I felt I wont need 420 horses, but I would hate to get stuck with a car that feels under powered with a V6. Unfortunately since I am deployed I can't drive one to compare until I come home in July, and by then my V6 will be waiting for me. Henceforth, that is why I would appreciate your comments on the V6 power to weight to fun ratio.

Sal

By the way, thanks for taking the time to do the video.
First, Sterling Grey is an AMAZING color. I always liked that color and then I saw a '13 Sterling Gray convertible V6 at a local dealership and while I dislike converts, the color looked sweet on this new body. Very refined, understated, and yet still a bit menacing.

The MCA was great, but I just had an obsessive love for the fox 5.0s and so when they brought them back I knew I needed a 5.0. If you got the Performance Package with the 3.31 it is a great bit better than the v6 in stock form, with the gears and upgraded suspension. If you didn't get the Performance Package, put 3.55 or 3.73 gears in your car, and put on grippy summer tires and that's really all you'll need to make that v6 fly (until you get use to the speed and feel the need to supercharge like most of us do!).

So, no, I don't think the V6 is lacking power. Like I said, changing the gears, tires, and adding a few bolt-ons make those things tear up the streets, and frankly you can still burn an insane amount of rubber bone stock with them. I think you'll be very happy... and enjoy the lower fuel and insurance costs!
Old 4/5/12, 09:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations 13TP......that's a GORGEOUS Stang. And the red on red actually works better than it should (I too would have gone charcoal).

Oh, and a great quality video. Well shot and nicely narrated. You certainly know your stuff

And FOUR Mustangs since 2011. Lucky man! Very interesting that you rate the '13GT above the '12 Boss 302. That speaks volumes for the hard work Ford continues to put into the Mustang.
Old 4/5/12, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Another video from last night:

Hope you all enjoy Pearl Jam!

More vids to come.

EDIT:

Next vid that finishes up the interior:

Last edited by 13TrackPack; 4/5/12 at 01:17 PM.
Old 4/5/12, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

awesome videos man

man does race red look good in that 1st video

Quick Reply: Just pick up my 2013 Race Red GT w/ Track Package