Notices
Lava Red

Rare and Beautiful ...

Old 10/3/11, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rare and Beautiful ...

... that's what it is, especially here in Switzerland

I've had my Stang for a little over a month now, and all I can say is wow! It puts a smile on my face everytime I walk to it and even more so when I turn the key

The car is just amazing. The fact that it can switch personalities from being a comfy everyday cruiser to running up mountain passes like the proverbial raped ape is quite impressive. Well done Ford!

Currently I'm at 3500km, and the first oil change is going to happen soon. So far, it didn't use any oil, or at least not much, the oil level is still well in the crosshatched area of the dipstick.

The fuel mileage is equally impressive too, the calculated average so far is 10.1L/100km or 23.3 MPG.

Overall I'm very VERY happy with the car, and the six months wait (yeah, really!) was definitely worth it.

Here are a few snapshots:

Old 10/3/11, 09:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice! I hope u enjoy it for years to come!

I take it you had to remove the fog lamp bulbs for it to pass regulations there... I also noticed the headlamp washer nozzles and small LED driving lamps...

Last edited by watchdevil; 10/3/11 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10/3/11, 10:29 PM

Klean car glwb.
Old 10/4/11, 01:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet car!! I thought I was looking at a black car. Last pic I caught on I'm pretty sure it's Lava Red? I would say it's rare pretty much anywhere.
Today I've owned mine a year. I still can't believe I own it! I get just as excited every time I'm in it. Have fun!!
Old 10/4/11, 04:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Lava red is AWESOME!!!!
Old 10/4/11, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Very nice! I hope u enjoy it for years to come!

I take it you had to remove the fog lamp bulbs for it to pass regulations there... I also noticed the headlamp washer nozzles and small LED driving lamps...
Well spotted Sir!
All three modifications were required to get the car on the road legally. The white LEDs actually replace the normal park lamps because amber park lamps are not allowed here. But it doesn't look too bad as the color of the LEDs matches the HIDs quite nicely.

And yes, the car's color is Lava Red! I'm looking forward to the final production numbers for this color.
Old 10/4/11, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats and welcome to the Lava family. I absolutely love this color and am super glad that I got it. I too am looking forward to hearing the final production numbers and confirmed with Deysha that they won't be available until the model year actually ends early next year. Enjoy the car!
Old 10/4/11, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Very nice! It's interesting to see the slight variations in builds depending on final destination (such as the additional marker lights and nozzles, etc, compared to the US models).
Old 10/4/11, 10:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beautiful car! That last pic really shows the color well.
Old 10/5/11, 12:10 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissGT
... that's what it is, especially here in Switzerland

I've had my Stang for a little over a month now, and all I can say is wow! It puts a smile on my face everytime I walk to it and even more so when I turn the key
GORGEOUS RIDE, SwissGT!!!! Remember, when people drive by just think...

Originally Posted by jaybertx
I too am looking forward to hearing the final production numbers and confirmed with Deysha that they won't be available until the model year actually ends early next year. Enjoy the car!
+1 to jaybertx.

You guys should be able to get the numbers roughly around end of March or April of 2012. Just PM me for them or call the CRC at 800-392-3673.

Deysha
Old 10/5/11, 07:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SwissGT
Well spotted Sir!
All three modifications were required to get the car on the road legally. The white LEDs actually replace the normal park lamps because amber park lamps are not allowed here. But it doesn't look too bad as the color of the LEDs matches the HIDs quite nicely.

And yes, the car's color is Lava Red! I'm looking forward to the final production numbers for this color.

Did you also have to modify the outboard back-up lamps with amber turn signals or was that not a requirement there? Also, is it correct that all the modifications were done after it was shipped to your country?
Old 10/6/11, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Did you also have to modify the outboard back-up lamps with amber turn signals or was that not a requirement there? Also, is it correct that all the modifications were done after it was shipped to your country?
In Switzerland, it is legal to have red rear turn signals so the back-up lamps modification was not necessary.
Unfortunately, sequential turn signals are not allowed, so those had to be disabled...

Yes, all modifications were done here. The car is a regular US spec build.