Notices
Lava Red

Marti Report

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/23, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Marti Report

For those wondering about how rare your car is I highly recommend getting a Marti Report.
The following 3 users liked this post by Black Fire:
05stangkc (8/18/23), NC14GT (8/18/23), shaneyusa (8/21/23)
Old 8/18/23, 02:57 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
Gotta love those Marti reports. Thanks for sharing. May i ask what they are charging now? It's been years since i bought one. I want to say $30 back than.
Old 8/18/23, 06:22 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,634 Posts
Originally Posted by NC14GT
Gotta love those Marti reports. Thanks for sharing. May i ask what they are charging now? It's been years since i bought one. I want to say $30 back than.
Yes I'd be curious to know as well.
Old 8/18/23, 06:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 619 Likes on 445 Posts
Just a heads up to the op, I'd take my vin number off there online. With tech the way it is and so many scummy crooks and scammers out there, no telling what they can do with it these days.

I'll put my tinfoil hat back on now lol.
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (8/20/23)
Old 8/18/23, 06:30 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Just a heads up to the op, I'd take my vin number off there online. With tech the way it is and so many scummy crooks and scammers out there, no telling what they can do with it these days.

I'll put my tinfoil hat back on now lol.
Excellent point Lee!!!
Old 8/19/23, 09:28 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts
In Regards to Kevin Marti Reports!

Vin Number Reports From a Guy Named Kevin, Man I Just Don't Know!

Lets Build on That!

If You Know You Know!

Mgb,

Kevin 05stangkc Casey

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/19/23 at 10:20 AM.
Old 8/20/23, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Current cost of the personalized report is $80
As for the vin, I'm trying to figure out what someone could actually do with it.
NC14GT (8/20/23)
Old 8/20/23, 04:53 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Fire
Current cost of the personalized report is $80
As for the vin, I'm trying to figure out what someone could actually do with it.
Thank you for that. Getting pricey but I like it!!

As far as the VIN is concerned, you probably have no need to worry BUT if there is an unscrupulous dealer or individual out there trying to sell a 2012 Mustang that does not have a clean title or bad Carfax, they could easily use yours and many people would not delve into it too much. Nothing would happen to you but some poor buyer out there could get scammed and not find out until later, after the car is purchased. Sure, the bad guys could make up a VIN and hope the car still exists but it's so much easier to grab a real VIN.
There are also shady salvage yards and the need for clean titles. The titles get 'washed' and the cars get moved. It can get complicated. Again, nothing for you personally to worry about, but why feed the criminal element out there.
** A little side story: I worked 'auto theft' for one year along with my other duties when I was a detective supv in FL. Crooks are not the smartest folks in the world but they sure try everything under the sun. I actually tripped up a real pro once when I researched a stolen Nissan that appeared clean as could be, yet I knew it was stolen. I believed the model year was different and it wasn't until I contacted Nissan to find out the model differences that I could make a case. No internet. This was back in the late 80's when the 3rd brake lights came out. This car did not have one yet it should have. I went through 3 different states of washed 'bad titles'. Very time consuming but I got that guy 2 years in the Florida SP with his past history of stolen cars. I'm sure he started up again when released, but not in my jurisdiction.
Old 8/21/23, 05:15 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by NC14GT
Thank you for that. Getting pricey but I like it!!

As far as the VIN is concerned, you probably have no need to worry BUT if there is an unscrupulous dealer or individual out there trying to sell a 2012 Mustang that does not have a clean title or bad Carfax, they could easily use yours and many people would not delve into it too much. Nothing would happen to you but some poor buyer out there could get scammed and not find out until later, after the car is purchased. Sure, the bad guys could make up a VIN and hope the car still exists but it's so much easier to grab a real VIN.
There are also shady salvage yards and the need for clean titles. The titles get 'washed' and the cars get moved. It can get complicated. Again, nothing for you personally to worry about, but why feed the criminal element out there.
** A little side story: I worked 'auto theft' for one year along with my other duties when I was a detective supv in FL. Crooks are not the smartest folks in the world but they sure try everything under the sun. I actually tripped up a real pro once when I researched a stolen Nissan that appeared clean as could be, yet I knew it was stolen. I believed the model year was different and it wasn't until I contacted Nissan to find out the model differences that I could make a case. No internet. This was back in the late 80's when the 3rd brake lights came out. This car did not have one yet it should have. I went through 3 different states of washed 'bad titles'. Very time consuming but I got that guy 2 years in the Florida SP with his past history of stolen cars. I'm sure he started up again when released, but not in my jurisdiction.
Great story and job well done for that scumbag!!!
NC14GT (8/22/23)