Notices
V6 Mustang Club of America V6 Mustang Club of America

Just order Lava red MCA Mustang for my mom

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/11, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by My1st5.0

So, are you saying that a woman can't handle the 5.0? I suppose you think I should have ordered an automatic too, because surely the little lady can't handle that either. Should I have my husband drive me in it like Miss Daisy? Aren't there plenty of "men" on here that are driving V-6's? The sexism on this site is truly amazing sometimes.
Hey, I am not going onto your sewing and cooking forums, so why bother us here? It is a well proven fact that men are better drivers. I really do not see why you are so sensitive about it. I certainly don't tell you how to cook or clean. LOL, just kidding.

I am sure that you have seen by now that there are lots of guys here that are nice. I have seen a lot of guys,myself included, that have only been very polite and respectful to women, but who have just been treated horribly in return over and over again. Hey, I am not coming here to complain. There are bad people of both sexes and past experiences with the bad ones can make us unsure of the good ones.

I actually love to cook. I clean despite not liking it, and my daily driver now is a Toyota V6 minivan. I honestly have had really bad luck with women, but I am not too bitter. I am married to a dedicated wife and have an amazing son. I know not all girls are bad. I am sure that if you see them, there are a lot of really honest and nice guys here, despite the fact that I am sure there are nuts, too.
Old 2/28/11, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I have got a lot of great info from people on this forum. I am a girl and I don't get bothered by people saying I can't do stuff because I'm a girl. I was raised by 4 generations of very strong women. My father left when I was 2 weeks old so my grandmothers and mom raised me. I was taught to use tools cook clean and to do pretty much everything I need to do myself. I now have sons and alot of things I learned I've passed on to them. I'm not arguing just saying not all women are the same.some of us are just as tough as the guys even though we wear lipstick and skirts lol.

Last edited by Nikki; 2/28/11 at 12:18 PM.
Old 2/28/11, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Hey, I am not going onto your sewing and cooking forums, so why bother us here? It is a well proven fact that men are better drivers. I really do not see why you are so sensitive about it. I certainly don't tell you how to cook or clean. LOL, just kidding.
First of all, I don't sew. Not good at it. Never was. I pay MEN to tailor and repair my clothing. My tailors name is Sam and he is awesome. My fiancee and I share the shopping, cooking and cleaning chores, like any forward thinking man would do when both of you work full time like we do. I can see why you have not had much success with women. You are a caveman and we don't like being dragged around by our hair anymore LOL, just kidding.

You just prooved my point by your comment. The arrogance of some men wanting to put me into a *box* that make themselves comfortable. I don't like boxes; they make me claustrophobic. When I was 18 I RACED and 426 hemi cuda. My Mom taught me how to drive a stick when I was 16. I am a much better driver than my ex-husband ever will be and my soon to be husband will tell anyone we meet what a great driver I am. My 27 year old son will tell you the same. I taught him how to drive a MT. Don't imply that women are not good drivers. That is like saying that all (fill in the ethinicity) can't drive. You can't put people into boxes. We are all individuals with different skills. Mine happens to be being a good driver who likes a little power under my size 2 jeans. I want a car that can get out of it's own way if I need it to. Doesn't mean that I will abuse the power. I have too much respect for it, but I want it if I need it.

And I am sincerely sorry to have *bothererd* you here. I came here because I thought I could actually garner information from people who share a love for the same vehicle that I do. I didn't come here to have people insulted and that happens to go for men and women being insulted on this site, not just myself. I have a great sense of humor when something is actually funny; not insulting. Sorry that I seem to have ruffled some feathers.

I for one am really excited to see my lava red 5.0
Old 2/28/11, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't fear the box.

Old 2/28/11, 03:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by 05mach1
1st Lava red Mustang will be a Dex. 6speed man.
Okay, what is a Dex?
Old 2/28/11, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Automagically
I don't fear the box.

I don't fear it, just don't want people deciding which one they think I should be in. Boxes are bad. Having the freedom to be me and out of the box is good.
Old 2/28/11, 05:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1st Lava red Mustang will be a Dex. 6speed man. coupe in 3 weeks. my next one come in dealership
here's my dealer stcok #7069 &{ vin#ZBP8AM9C5204787}
Old 2/28/11, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Okay, what is a Dex?
a plan Mustang
Old 2/28/11, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by My1st5.0
First of all, I don't sew. Not good at it. Never was. I pay MEN to tailor and repair my clothing. My tailors name is Sam and he is awesome. My fiancee and I share the shopping, cooking and cleaning chores, like any forward thinking man would do when both of you work full time like we do. I can see why you have not had much success with women. You are a caveman and we don't like being dragged around by our hair anymore LOL, just kidding.

You just prooved my point by your comment. The arrogance of some men wanting to put me into a *box* that make themselves comfortable. I don't like boxes; they make me claustrophobic. When I was 18 I RACED and 426 hemi cuda. My Mom taught me how to drive a stick when I was 16. I am a much better driver than my ex-husband ever will be and my soon to be husband will tell anyone we meet what a great driver I am. My 27 year old son will tell you the same. I taught him how to drive a MT. Don't imply that women are not good drivers. That is like saying that all (fill in the ethinicity) can't drive. You can't put people into boxes. We are all individuals with different skills. Mine happens to be being a good driver who likes a little power under my size 2 jeans. I want a car that can get out of it's own way if I need it to. Doesn't mean that I will abuse the power. I have too much respect for it, but I want it if I need it.

And I am sincerely sorry to have *bothererd* you here. I came here because I thought I could actually garner information from people who share a love for the same vehicle that I do. I didn't come here to have people insulted and that happens to go for men and women being insulted on this site, not just myself. I have a great sense of humor when something is actually funny; not insulting. Sorry that I seem to have ruffled some feathers.

I for one am really excited to see my lava red 5.0
Wow, a little hypersensitive are we??

Maybe I am guilty of baiting you just a bit, but I will make my point again, so you do not miss it.

Main point: While there are girls who are mistreated by guys, there also are quite a lot of girls who mistreat guys, too. While no one cannot stop the many people who seem to love to mistreat others, by no means is this an excuse to let them ruin your day, or your time here. You do have to realize that while there are girls who do race really fast cars, the statistical majority is by far guys. While this does not give anyone an excuse to blatantly offend others, it does happen. Being that this site will always likely have a vast majority of guys, you might want to either understand that sometimes humor for guys seems a bit rude to girls. Now, I have read the humor here, and I generally find it not to be funny. My humor was more or less designed to evoke enough of a certain emotional response to somewhat harmlessly bait any further conversation that needed to happen if there were still any hurt feelings, as well as make light of the whole cooking and cleaning thing. Humor often makes fun of sensitive issues, and by doing so can help to ease pain over the long run. Now while I really am not usually good at humor, I do enjoy a good debate here and there.

Now to make myself really clear: (Bias statement) I am honestly still somewhat emotionally bitter to women because of all the many mean things I have seen them do to myself and many many others. Despite my emotions, I do know logically that much of what I saw is both human nature and bad luck.

(Getting to the point again) Do not let your emotions and past experiences get the best of you and ruin what might otherwise be a nice time on the forums. If you do not take the good and just use the bad as ammo, then you, like some of the girls I have known, are not being fair to the many really nice guys that are here and do want to talk about cars.

Obligatory examples:

Now, while I have had bad luck in the past, it is not because I am a chauvinist, or mean in any way. While I have never insulted or abused women that I knew, I was at times insulted and even hit by some of them. I also did finally seem to meet quite a lot of very nice girls who were very nice to me, but after I was engaged, and it did not matter anyway While I do encourage the attitude that families should take priority over the other things in life, I also encouraged and worked very hard to help my wife get her BS degree (Not a joke - She got a bachelors of science). No, I am a very patient, kind, and sometimes long winded person who just did have bad luck for a while.

Example 1: There was a really nice guy I knew back when I lived in California. He was attending the same church I was, and had a very decent job in the music industry. He was not rich, but did make decent money. He was always kind and polite to all, and always treated everyone with respect. He is the type of guy that I really do not need to make anything up about. (He is also about 5 feet 0). So, one day he needs to attend a singles church function that he is helping out with. Since this was a singles Christmas dinner, he really was supposed to bring a date, if at all possible. So, (I promise I am not lying one bit here) he asks six of his "friends" that he knew did not have any date yet, and who he knew wanted to go. Despite being his so called friends, despite the fact that they almost all end up going with someone, and despite the fact that they knew he needed to find someone to go with since he was helping out, ALL of the girls said no. When he finally got to ask the 7th friend of his, she had hears how he had been mistreated, and (many said this was out of pity) agreed to go with him.

Example 2: A former friend of mine and his fiancee were sitting in the lobby of the church as everyone was walking in to the meeting. So what does he do, he dumps her right there in front of everyone in the church. In the next year after that, he goes out with a large number of church girls and treats every last one of them horribly when he is through having fun. Despite this, soon enough yet there is another nice looking woman who he gets engaged to shortly after all that.

Now, who got all the girls, the jerk. I have many more examples that are far far worse than those, but I do not want to completely bore you, not that I haven't already, so I will spare you the rest.

The main point yet again: Do not be so quick to deride men the first time you take offense to something like crude male humor, or one or two mean remarks. Trust me, guys have to wade through much more than you think, and yet we are generally all back to being polite and defending girls whenever possible. Let us not turn this forum into man (or woman) bashing. Rude stuff happens to both of our sexes. I am sure that we can all get over it.

Edit: I also am excited about my lava red mustang and am excited that my mom and I will be able to both have Mustangs this year.

Last edited by Itravelalot; 2/28/11 at 06:43 PM.
Old 2/28/11, 08:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/f726/wh...3/#post6022126
Old 3/1/11, 06:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Is the box lava red?
Old 3/1/11, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Vito
Is the box lava red?
I guess it could be. But it I wouldn't go near it.
Old 3/1/11, 06:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

here's window pirce tag formy moms car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
my mustang12.pdf (145.0 KB, 238 views)
Old 3/1/11, 07:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Here 's picture of Lava Red from Ford
Attached Images  
Old 3/2/11, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

That's a beautiful car. I have a grabber blue. If I knew about the lava red I may have waited. I love my car though. Do you drive a mustang also?
Old 3/2/11, 11:00 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Okay, what is a Dex?
a plan Mustang
I guess I don't get how Dex = deluxe, but that's just me. Also never heard of it called a deluxe. Order guide lists it as a base or with no designation IIRC.

Lava looks promising. Waiting to see one with the BBP wheels before I make a judgment.
Old 3/2/11, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeap dex means base model
Old 3/2/11, 11:21 AM
GTR Member

Yeap dex means base model
Sure, whatever you say bud.
Old 3/3/11, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Automagically

No, they have a lot to do with each other. It's the insenuation that the V6 is a woman's car. You didn't even attempt a joke at the expense of old humor by calling it a secretary's car. So using this advanced logic of yours, everyone driving a roughly 300 horsepower car are women? That makes the case for many Porsche's, BMW M3's, Mustang GT's, G35/37,350/370Z, etc.

So if the V6 is for women, there is only one other sex left, so therefore the logic says it's man, unless your logic includes an AND gate somewhere. The only rationalizing you have done is rationalize that it's OK to jest or poke at someone and then say it's all good by calling it a joke to try and ease the tension. That's not OK. Should have used that rational and logic to put the pieces together.

I may sound like I'm hounding, but I can get fired for crap like this in my office. So, this isn't a new thing. Being in the Army for 8 years, I know what it's like to joke and bash on people pretty hard but this isn't that scenario.

On topic, I think that Lava Red is either going to be an insanely awesome color on a Mustang, or an insanely awesome fail.
Last thing I'll say, yes I was being comical--that went well! And not to belabor the point, but your argument is a logical fallacy against modus ponens. In other words, I said A=B, therefore if A, then B. You said that I was arguing A=B, therefore if B then not C. Logical fallacy. In this case A is a V6 mustang, and B is "being a girl." I never said anything about C (V8 mustang).

If I may say one last thing--you women are far superior to men in most things. Don't get so fired up about stuff that doesn't matter! Live long and prosper! (appropriate signoff given the context, no?). :-)
Old 3/3/11, 07:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Nikki
I have got a lot of great info from people on this forum. I am a girl and I don't get bothered by people saying I can't do stuff because I'm a girl. I was raised by 4 generations of very strong women. My father left when I was 2 weeks old so my grandmothers and mom raised me. I was taught to use tools cook clean and to do pretty much everything I need to do myself. I now have sons and alot of things I learned I've passed on to them. I'm not arguing just saying not all women are the same.some of us are just as tough as the guys even though we wear lipstick and skirts lol.
You totally rule. That's what I'm talking about. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Quick Reply: Just order Lava red MCA Mustang for my mom