2012-2013 BOSS 302

Your BOSS moment of the day

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/11, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
And you think construction cone orange is any better????
Gary watch what you say about the Nevada state tree!

Can't wait to have my own Boss moment... I've wanted one since at least about 1991 when I'd drive by a guy's house who had 2 old school Bosses in his driveway. Of course I was driving my Falcon convertible so I didn't feel too bad. Love the "Pelican."
Old 5/11/11, 08:04 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Mine came today with a call from the zone rep. Got my VIN!!
Now the fun begins!!

Deysha
Old 5/11/11, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Deysha I've PM'd you a couple of times trying to get some info. Can you PM me? Not sure you got mine... Thanks!
Old 5/11/11, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Now the fun begins!!

Deysha
You mean the wait gets harder!
Any new info Deysha! X fingers!!
Old 5/14/11, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BOSS Moment of the day: Took the car out for its first auto show today, ended up taking first place in the '90+ Street class. Even with the hail damage.

Last edited by black_bullitt; 5/14/11 at 05:46 PM.
Old 5/14/11, 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
BOSS Moment of the day: Took the car out for its first auto show today, ended up taking first place in the '90+ Street class. Even with the hail damage.

Congrats!
Old 5/14/11, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Pulled up behind, then moved beside a white Lambo Vert. He blipped his throttle two times. I asked him what that whiney, tinny noise was. We moved to the entry ramp to SH 99 (Grand Parkway, West-Houston) and he floored it but I almost ran up his back side and had to stay on the northbound feeder to avoid swapping paint. The side pipes are open and it definitely gets attention and respect. What I have noticed is that the Boss's rep is getting out there. This car is the real deal.
Old 5/14/11, 10:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
Congrats on the sympathy win

Seriously Congrats
Old 5/14/11, 10:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Pulled up behind, then moved beside a white Lambo Vert. He blipped his throttle two times. I asked him what that whiney, tinny noise was. We moved to the entry ramp to SH 99 (Grand Parkway, West-Houston) and he floored it but I almost ran up his back side and had to stay on the northbound feeder to avoid swapping paint. The side pipes are open and it definitely gets attention and respect. What I have noticed is that the Boss's rep is getting out there. This car is the real deal.
I love it, thanks for sharing.
Old 5/14/11, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Mopars and Bowties have been reluctant to do anything thus far. They look but don't act. Best vehicle I've ever bought; for many reasons. Take the side discs out and it intimidates all.
Old 5/14/11, 10:38 PM
Cobra R Member

I've only got thumbs ups and complements
Old 5/14/11, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

This Boss is Badder, sound wise than the '69 with
flowmasters! Just watch for the local gendarmes. Does not get better than this car.
Old 5/14/11, 11:12 PM

Thanks Gary & Perry
phytrpilot - I agree! This car is freakin' amazing. I had 3 or 4 folks come up to me at the show today and say they'd heard about the BOSS, and/or heard/seen about the times it put down at the local track. Word is getting around for sure.
F-body's run this town, so I'm more than happy to entertain some of the locals with a roll or two, and so far I haven't been beat.
Old 6/2/11, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I travel the Midwest for my Job. I'm a car guy and my head snaps around at any car I can't immeadiatly identify, especially Mustangs. I have had my boss about 5 weeks. Today I'm traveling North on US 23 in MI just over the Ohio Border. An oncoming car catches my attention, about a 30 foot median between us. I can tell its probably a Mustang, Looks newer, The Red looks a little Dark for a Mustang red, The Roof Throws me off cause it didn't match the car color and seemed to run into the windshield. as it got closer, it had a goofy stripe on the Side. It went by and I saw the 11/12 tailights and the reverse "C" stripe registered. Only then did it occur to me it was my favorite Mustang of ALL, The BOSS. I had to chuckle the rest of the way home, I have been SO obsessed with the Boss for 6 Months, it never occured to me I may actually see one on the road!
Old 6/2/11, 03:24 PM
V6 Member

I have had the Boss for only two weeks, but a couple of moments come to mind. No kill stories yet.

Was on my way to Asheville and stopped at a Chick-fil-a for lunch along the way. I take an end spot and grab a seat inside where I can admire the car. A nicely modded mid-2000's GT parks next to it, and the guy steps out and snaps pics of the Boss from every angle. He waits in his car until I finish lunch just to chat. Super nice guy.

By far my fondest moment is taking my 11 y/o daughter out for a drive last weekend. It is hot, sun streaming in, and I ask her if she wants the windows shut to cool off. She says, "no dad, then I will not be able to hear the sound from the engine as well."

'nuf said.
Old 6/2/11, 03:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

My Boss moment of the day was receiving my window sticker while eating breakfast this morning.
Old 6/2/11, 07:17 PM
FR500 Member

Mine was being on the phone with the government yesterday when the OK To Import came in, literally interrupting our conversation.
Old 6/2/11, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I had mine the morning I was driving into work when I came to a railroad crossing waiting for Amtrak to pass and the engineer held his hand out the window giving me the thumbs up. That felt great!
Old 6/2/11, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was about to leave a curb, when a guy in his 40's or 50's knocked on my window. I put the window down and he said I have the coolest car in the universe.
Old 6/2/11, 07:52 PM

Awesome stuff, guys, keep it coming!!

I drove the BOSS to the Best Buy over Memorial Day weekend, and got a "Nice Mustang!" shout out from a group of teenage girls coming out of the store.

Couple weeks ago, stopped by the post office, pulled into a parking spot with a van on my left, an older gentleman sitting in the passenger seat with the window rolled down. As I jumped out, he leaned his head out the window and said "Young man, they didn't have a red one for ya?" commenting on how loud the Race Red is. I loved it!

Tuesday, had a pair of attractive 'mature' women (remember I'm 28, guys, lol) say they loved the car. Told them I'd take them for a 'ride' if they wanted. Think they got the wrong impression, cause they asked how fast the car was...

Quick Reply: Your BOSS moment of the day