2012-2013 BOSS 302

Your BOSS moment of the day

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/11, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Your BOSS moment of the day

Back when I was driving the Bullitt on a daily basis, I used to make a game out of coming up with what I called the "Steve McQueen Bullitt Move of the Day". It usually involved getting squirrely coming out of a corner or something foolish. (I was young...er at the time. lol)

Anyways, I just figured, as there are more and more of us taking delivery of our new BOSS's, we can have a place to post the random pieces of joy that come from owning a BOSS. Whether that be posting a comment someone gives you on your BOSS, a "look" or rev someone gives you in passing, or some exceptional bit of driving you performed (*ahem* legal of course ) ... who knows, maybe we can call it the "Parnelli Jones BOSS move of the day!"

Post up, let's hear what makes owning the BOSS such a unique and enjoyable experience!!
Old 5/3/11, 06:34 PM

I'll start us off with just a few random notes from the last month... (the 5th will be my 1 mo anniv... and I still love her! lol)

• Getting pulled over on the 6th day I had the car, for not having my paper dealer plates properly displayed in the front window. After everything checked out, the police officer said, after handing me my paperwork back, "I'm not much of a Ford guy, but it looks like you've got yourself one fine lookin' Mustang there."
  • Driving up to the base gate, the girl checking my ID says as I pull up, "I thought that was a cross in your grill at first, but it's the horse, haha. Nice car, sir!"
  • Random Captain stalking me through the parking lot leaving work one day, turns out he drives the Camaro that parked next to me. Die hard Chevy guy but wanted to hear all about the the BOSS and what makes it special. It was about 95 degrees out and I was more than ready to go home, but I humored him... and myself a little.
  • Meeting up with one of the guys from my local Mustang club for a few quick parking lot pics, a Shelby owner from Houston (5 hrs away from here) saw the car from the road and stopped by and chatted for about 15 minutes, looking over the car with a fine toothed comb.
  • Out to lunch one day, first week driving the BOSS, had it parked way out away from everything, come out to find a kid in a 99-04 V6 parked in the lane, jumped out to take cell phone pics of the car. Turns out he's also a member of my local forum.
  • The day I took it to the drag strip, a younger guy in a Terminator was just driving through the pit area and stopped quickly when he saw the BOSS and got out of his car to gawk a bit. I waited a good 5 min before walking up and introducing myself and letting him get a better look at everything.
Old 5/3/11, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had more than a few my first week
  • My first day I was driving brake-in miles through the back country roads of Indiana. I pulled over to look at a map in some (really)small town. I was looking down at the map not realizing I had stopped directly in front of a community outdoor basketball court. When I looked up the game of 10 to 12 year olds had come to a stop and they were all hanging on the fence hooting at me. I rolled down the window and they asked a few questions and went crazy when I pulled away leavin a small patch.
  • A young kid on a crotch-rocket, pulling up along side me on the express way taunting me to race.
  • A 60 somethng year old driving a 2010 BlacK stang Convertable waiting in the parking lot of a Salon (waiting on my daughter's Prom Fix'ins) with his families dinner in the car getting cold because he had to see and talk to the owner of this new Boss.
Old 5/3/11, 06:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

In for more great stories.
Old 5/3/11, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Was dropping off my GT having CS fascia and GT500 diffuser put on and noticed an orange mustang next to me...first Boss I have seen in real life.
Old 5/3/11, 09:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by c0achmke
Was dropping off my GT having CS fascia and GT500 diffuser put on and noticed an orange mustang next to me...first Boss I have seen in real life.
And that's all you have to say?
Old 5/3/11, 10:03 PM
FR500 Member

So I was driving my boss to Band Camp the other day and... Oops, sorry, wrong forum.

Old 5/4/11, 05:24 AM
Cobra Member

Subscribed

Went and saw my first GT-500 last Saturday, actually 2, and now can't wait to find a Boss. The first 4 dealers I called had already sold them. Wonder if I'll get to hear the engine too, I hope so.

-ace72
Old 5/4/11, 10:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think I will be doing these on a daily basis considering mine will be "See You From Space" aka "Cop Magnet" Race Red.
Old 5/4/11, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
And that's all you have to say?
Well I was trying to check my gps. Looked over and nonchalantly was like "oh an orange mustang" then my brain set off and I was like holy isht it was 6:30 in the am at a lonely 4 way intersection. So it kinda woke me up needless to say.
Old 5/4/11, 07:01 PM

Bad day at work and stress levels were high. Got home, took the cover off of the Boss and fired her up (disc are out). It is a couple of miles from the house out to the main highway just long enough to get all the fluids warmed up. Worked the way up through the gears shifting around 4,000 rpms the Boss just sounds angry and ready to run. Hit a straight stretch...no driveways...no access roads...and no traffic...down shifted to 3rd and let her loose....stress is gone now and the sound of 444 horses fills the void. This my friends is a Boss moment!!!!!
Old 5/5/11, 07:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
I don't think I will be doing these on a daily basis considering mine will be "See You From Space" aka "Cop Magnet" Race Red.
And you think construction cone orange is any better????
Old 5/5/11, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by cloud9
Nope!
Old 5/5/11, 11:46 AM
GT Member

You mean atomic tangerine??? Wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 5/5/11, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by bigbossman
You mean atomic tangerine??? Wouldn't trade it for the world.
Coupled with no discs and it screams come and get me
Old 5/5/11, 12:02 PM
GT Member

Coupled with no discs and it screams come and get me
Ha ha! No discs in mine! Let's roll!
Old 5/5/11, 02:27 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

My Boss moment came today on the way to work.

Thumbs up from teenagers.

Thumbs up from a couple of soccer moms waiting to but their grade schoolers on the bus.

Thumbs up and a wild wave from an old duffer, who probably owned a hot 'stang, "back in the day".

Everybody loves this car, especially in Tangerine Dream a/k/a CO.
Old 5/5/11, 04:29 PM
Cobra Member

Mine came today with a call from the zone rep. Got my VIN!!
Old 5/5/11, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Mine came today with a call from the zone rep. Got my VIN!!
: metal::m etal:
Old 5/9/11, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Bump, more posts please...

Quick Reply: Your BOSS moment of the day