2012-2013 BOSS 302

You have to love lawyers ;)

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/11 | 05:15 PM
Cobra R Member

You have to love lawyers ;)

Ford: Factory build racecar ... a car build for the race track ...etc.

From the Boss 302 owners supplement:

"Track" or "racetrack" is mentioned about 43 times in the short supplement

"The Boss 302 was built so that Ford could go out and win in Trans Am racing"

"The Boss302 ... became a force to be reckoned with on the racetrack." etc.

Yet the lawyers say

"Ford does not recommend modifying or racing Ford vehicles, as they are designed and built to be driven as delivered from the factory."

It is like Sara Lee saying they make the best tasting cake but they do not recommend eating it, lol. Maybe that is why it is illegal to remove a tag from a mattress. Never read one but it just may say the company does not recommend sleeping on it.

Gotta love it.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 1/30/11 at 05:16 PM.
Old 1/30/11 | 05:34 PM
Banned

Well, you know as well as I do that North Americans can't take responsibility for their own actions.

That's all you need to do is unleash 8000+ high powered sportscars and say "go race!"

All it would take is a handfull of numbskulls to wipe out a year of profits in a lawsuit after a few wrap themselves around trees.

Blame the people. Not the lawyers.
Old 1/30/11 | 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

OAC_Sparky, just from reading what you post, I respect the heck out of you. However, this one's a burr in my saddle.

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Well, you know as well as I do that North Americans can't take responsibility for their own actions. Because of lawyers

That's all you need to do is unleash 8000+ high powered sportscars and say "go race!"

All it would take is a handfull of numbskulls to wipe out a year of profits in a lawsuit after a few wrap themselves around trees. Because of lawyers

Blame the people. Not the lawyers. Nope, blame the lawyers
I apologize for stereotyping, but I can only think about what a better world this would be without the greedy blood sucking type of attorneys that are allowed to "practice law".

(steps off soapbox)
Old 1/30/11 | 06:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
OAC_Sparky, just from reading what you post, I respect the heck out of you. However, this one's a burr in my saddle.

I apologize for stereotyping, but I can only think about what a better world this would be without the greedy blood sucking type of attorneys that are allowed to "practice law".

(steps off soapbox)

Last edited by cloud9; 1/30/11 at 07:01 PM.
Old 1/30/11 | 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

You have to love lawyers

No, I really don't...
Old 1/30/11 | 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

What does Ford doing a bit of CYA to protect themselves from owners making bonehead decisions have to do with the legal profession?

Look, being an attorney is no different than any other profession. Good eggs, bad eggs, etc. Folks hate us, until somebody screws them or they do something stupid and get themselves into trouble, and then it's "file the lawsuit and make this right" or "I don't want to be responsible for this DWI that I got, so get me out of it." Whatever...
Old 1/30/11 | 06:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
What does Ford doing a bit of CYA to protect themselves from owners making bonehead decisions have to do with the legal profession?

Look, being an attorney is no different than any other profession. Good eggs, bad eggs, etc. Folks hate us, until somebody screws them or they do something stupid and get themselves into trouble, and then it's "file the lawsuit and make this right" or "I don't want to be responsible for this DWI that I got, so get me out of it." Whatever...
Probably not the right place for this. Just a business owner who has been caught up in the most frivolous of frivolous lawsuits in the past so it's a sore subject. You're right some "good" lawyers are needed to protect law abiding people from "bad" lawyers trying to get something for nothing. In the process, you still have to spend substantial amounts of $ to get the good guy to beat the bad guy. That's why some people are sensitive to the issue. The system is broken, not necessarily all of the lawyers. Loser pays would solve a lot of it.

Last edited by cloud9; 1/30/11 at 06:58 PM.
Old 1/30/11 | 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cloud9- you are entirely correct, in all of your observations, in post #7.
Old 1/30/11 | 07:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Dean
I meant no disrespect to anyone here or in general, it was just a light hearted jab at double talk coming from Ford and their "legal staff". So please don't take it that way.

Sparky is right to an extent, many people do not want to take personal responsibility anymore. After being outside the US for many years you can see a difference in many ways. I am glad to see streets without missing manhole covers and missing sidewalk sewer grates like I lived with everyday. However even with this there were no lawsuits there. Here if one cover was missing someone would file a class action lawsuit on behalf of anyone who lives in the city or has ever visited the city or maybe wants to visit the city and maybe could have walked near the site. If not for people looking for free money the lawyers would not be needed.

Maybe somewhere in the middle is best

(maybe when I get the Boss I will have less time to make posts like this)

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 1/30/11 at 07:41 PM.
Old 1/30/11 | 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
To this I agree.

Look, I don't agree with the actions of some lawyers; however, they are necessary. If you look at many aspects of our daily lives, there are many professions that we don't like yet we need.

You hate lawyers until you're wronged by someone.
You hate cops when they pull you over but they're heroes when you're in trouble.
You hate unions but wish you were in one when the boss tries to screw you over.
You hate plumbers until your house is flooding.
You hate electricians until your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter.
You hate car mechanics until your car breaks down and you're a pedestrian....

I could go on, but you get the idea. If nobody needed lawyers, they wouldn't exist; now you can put forth the argument that "lawyers instigate these lawsuits", but in my eyes they only stir the embers of greed that were already there.

All you have to do is go to the Brembo DOESN'T come with dual piston rears thread to see what I'm talking about. See post #46. No lawyers involved ...

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 1/30/11 at 07:07 PM.
Old 1/30/11 | 07:36 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

"... this as close as you are going to get to a race car with a license plate..."

It seems Ford will have a difficult time voiding warranties on the Boss specially if the individual TracKey is activated, that is no less than a stamp of approval.

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 1/30/11 at 07:38 PM.
Old 1/31/11 | 05:12 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

You have to love lawyers ;)-lagunaseca.jpg
Old 1/31/11 | 07:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Basically warranty void if you race the race puprose Mustang. LOL
Old 1/31/11 | 09:08 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

lawyers = guns

it all depends on how you use them.
Old 1/31/11 | 02:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I like denny crane
Old 1/31/11 | 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
I like denny crane
I like turtles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
Old 1/31/11 | 02:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
I like ignoring you
Old 1/31/11 | 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
I like ignoring you
Well I guess ur too cool for humor.
Old 1/31/11 | 02:25 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I also like turtles
Old 1/31/11 | 02:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
Well I guess ur too cool for humor.
or to dumb to get it

Quick Reply: You have to love lawyers ;)