Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Will Roush Axle Backs fir 2013 Boss 302?

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/19, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It is definitely and awesome car. I only purchased the mufflers. That is all you get. They are called axle back mufflers. It is probably the same thing. The part number is Roush 421127. Here is a link to the Amazon ones
Amazon Amazon
Yes with the side exhaust open it drones around the low 2000's RPMs. The cutouts were easy to install. The hardest part was making sure the flap that opens was centered so it didn't catch on the gasket. There are tutorials online for the install. The hardest part was running the wires up to the engine compartment. I didn't have to drill or cut. You have to make sure the wires are secured and away from the exhaust. I ran them under the shield. I used a switched fuse in the fuse box to that the transmitter wasn't always on. I don't think it matters much if it is switched or not as it probably doesn't take much juice. Mine sits a lot in the winter because it rains here in Oregon so much. I purchased the cutouts with the remote as it give a little more control as far as opening them as much as I want. Here is a link to their website. I don't remember where I purchased them. Probably Ebay. I have had them on for over a year with no issues as all.
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
Old 1/19/19, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to thank you for all the info and that I received my cutouts and the remotes and in the process of installing them . Tech said that I didnt need the two slim gaskets, just wanted to know what you thought because you mentioned that it was tricky aligning so as not to interfere with the butterly flap. Did you attach any of the wires to the frame or figure out how to run it inside so you didnt have to drill into anything. I am going to add another fuse in the under hood fuse box also. Also I think I may velcro it next to the fuse box so again, I dont have to drill any holes. Cant wait to hear the difference. Hope I dont have too many any issues. I am in West MI and dodged winter pretty much so far except for this weeked and probably for the duration, so driving around the block anymore to check them out isnt going to happen. Looking forward to your thoughts.
Old 1/22/19, 11:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by boss3022013
Just wanted to thank you for all the info and that I received my cutouts and the remotes and in the process of installing them . Tech said that I didnt need the two slim gaskets, just wanted to know what you thought because you mentioned that it was tricky aligning so as not to interfere with the butterly flap. Did you attach any of the wires to the frame or figure out how to run it inside so you didnt have to drill into anything. I am going to add another fuse in the under hood fuse box also. Also I think I may velcro it next to the fuse box so again, I dont have to drill any holes. Cant wait to hear the difference. Hope I dont have too many any issues. I am in West MI and dodged winter pretty much so far except for this weeked and probably for the duration, so driving around the block anymore to check them out isnt going to happen. Looking forward to your thoughts.
I left the gaskets in and they were what was causing all the problems. I didn’t drill but used Velcro on the side of the fender hidden near the fuse box. I pulled the wires over the heat shields and ran them up by the battery box not inside.
Old 1/23/19, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I decided to use the gaskets and seemed to work well. Took the cutout pipes back off and just bolted the valves back on just to see if they opened and closed well and they did perfectly. Put the cutout pipes back on and an amazing difference, love them, cant wait to get it out on the road. Now I can see why the Roush mufflers would be a nice addition. Will wait to see what I think this spring. I ran the wire about the same as you did. Thanks again
Old 1/23/19, 07:08 PM
V6 Member

You're welcome!