Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Who's going to Sebring next weekend? (Chin event)

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/11, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a blast today. Weather was very weird; 1st half or last half of the session would be raining, but then would dry within 15 minutes. It was great to get some experience on a wet track though.

I only came across a CO Boss 302 during one session in the afternoon today; not sure if the driver was on here. I pulled off into pit lane and waited a few minutes so I could get on track right before him b/c I've been wanting to run with one on track, and after I let him by right before Bishops Bend, he pulled off and went to pit-in. . I was sad. lol.

I got to see Peter though in his GT3 during the happy hour (by the way, which was almost ALL GT3's in Red group - advanced, that was a blast). That thing looks and sounds great! You dont see too many 996 GT3s anymore. I've got a video of you going by me during happy hour right before you pit in; i'll post up later.

Old 11/6/11, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I love GT3s....almost bought a 996 before I decided to get the Boss LS.
Old 11/7/11, 05:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Here are my videos:

(sorry for the shaking at high speeds, no idea why it was doing that...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T_cR2zTnUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJtRzrGvwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZX2ghQUqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1XgAbKDAqM

Last edited by smbstyle; 11/7/11 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11/7/11, 06:37 AM
GT Member

Got to talk to John with the silver LS. and followed him out in the 1st session for a couple of laps then it started to rain and he pitted. I stayed out and practiced driving a damp track was fun. Saw your Miata a couple of times but didn't see you until Happy Hour when I passed you. Saw the CO Boss also during Happy Hour but never met the driver. Got 300 miles on the Boss, 700 to go before Sebring in December.

Peter
Old 11/7/11, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OLOABoss
Got to talk to John with the silver LS. and followed him out in the 1st session for a couple of laps then it started to rain and he pitted. I stayed out and practiced driving a damp track was fun. Saw your Miata a couple of times but didn't see you until Happy Hour when I passed you. Saw the CO Boss also during Happy Hour but never met the driver. Got 300 miles on the Boss, 700 to go before Sebring in December.

Peter
It was good to kinda meet you! I thought the wave by was a tad longer than usual, so i figured you recognized my car, lol.
Old 11/7/11, 11:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by smbstyle
It was good to kinda meet you! I thought the wave by was a tad longer than usual, so i figured you recognized my car, lol.
Yep you got an extra wave. Watched some of your video, nice lines just need some extra hp to shorten the straights.

Peter
Old 11/7/11, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Yep you got an extra wave. Watched some of your video, nice lines just need some extra hp to shorten the straights.

Peter
Thanks! Yeah theres not much grunt to that stock 1.6 with 160k miles, haha. Even the SM guys were pulling away in the straights. I'd like to eventually run NASA TT (TTF with my current setup). I talked to Mark and he said there might be a few guys running TTF next year...
Old 11/7/11, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Thanks! Yeah theres not much grunt to that stock 1.6 with 160k miles, haha. Even the SM guys were pulling away in the straights. I'd like to eventually run NASA TT (TTF with my current setup). I talked to Mark and he said there might be a few guys running TTF next year...

Good I run TTC so will see you out there. Might look into TTE also as we are starting to get some showing up also.

Peter
Old 11/7/11, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Good I run TTC so will see you out there. Might look into TTE also as we are starting to get some showing up also.

Peter
Ah yes, I remember seeing your TTC M3 on my way back from Pensacola a few months ago, I think you said you were heading back from Barber.

I think my light mods will get me knocked into TTE anyways... but will probably get killed by the spec miatas. Oh well, as long as I can help someone else get some tires!
Old 11/7/11, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are my videos:

(sorry for the shaking at high speeds, no idea why it was doing that...)
..... because Sebring is rough ....

Looks like you had a good time Scott. I love Sebring but when Henry said there was a two group run I could not pass that up. I think I burned my pads down to metal and just about burnt of a set of tires will all the time out there We will meet up again some day, but at least all went well no matter where we were this weekend.

It worked out since I dropped a few more seconds off at PBIR, 133 lowest (Gopro time not completely accurate). Plus I was able to run both keys and heat cycle a set of tires for Daytona. I even ran the NT05's backwards, been wanting to try that - made no difference.

Posted some vids here

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...s-from-behind/

and here along with a vid from John (silver Boss)

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...new-track-key/

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 11/7/11 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11/7/11, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
..... because Sebring is rough ....

Looks like you had a good time Scott. I love Sebring but when Henry said there was a two group run I could not pass that up. I think I burned my pads down to metal and just about burnt of a set of tires will all the time out there We will meet up again some day, but at least all went well no matter where we were this weekend.

It worked out since I dropped a few more seconds off at PBIR, 133 lowest (Gopro time not completely accurate). Plus I was able to run both keys and heat cycle a set of tires for Daytona. I even ran the NT05's backwards, been wanting to try that - made no difference.

Posted some vids here

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...s-from-behind/

and here along with a vid from John (silver Boss)

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...new-track-key/
Looked great Scott! Love the vids!

I'd love to run PBIR sometime.
Old 11/9/11, 04:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looked great Scott! Love the vids!

I'd love to run PBIR sometime.
Thanks, I hope you or some other Boss owners make it to Daytona (even non-drivers) in less than a month. I am only doing Friday but really nervously looking froward to it.

I had posted on BMO I ran the open passing group for the first time last weekend with HOD with the two run group format. It was a lot of fun and not as scary as I thought, the drivers in that group were less aggressive then I had imagined. I had planned to ask Henry if the next few events I could warm up in the intermediate group and run advance in the afternoon as the fields thinned out.

Today we all got an email that he is changing all track days to end in two group formats. Morning will be beginner, intermediate and advance for the first runs. Then the rest of the day restricted passing and open passing groups. The intermediates can choose where to run. Now we get three hours or more at each event with HOD and it fits perfect for guys like me on the learning curve.

Henry runs Sebring but now you will have to visit my home track!
Old 11/9/11, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Thanks, I hope you or some other Boss owners make it to Daytona (even non-drivers) in less than a month. I am only doing Friday but really nervously looking froward to it.

I had posted on BMO I ran the open passing group for the first time last weekend with HOD with the two run group format. It was a lot of fun and not as scary as I thought, the drivers in that group were less aggressive then I had imagined. I had planned to ask Henry if the next few events I could warm up in the intermediate group and run advance in the afternoon as the fields thinned out.

Today we all got an email that he is changing all track days to end in two group formats. Morning will be beginner, intermediate and advance for the first runs. Then the rest of the day restricted passing and open passing groups. The intermediates can choose where to run. Now we get three hours or more at each event with HOD and it fits perfect for guys like me on the learning curve.

Henry runs Sebring but now you will have to visit my home track!
Wow, thats a cool format!

I'd do Daytona if I had any other car; but it's a waste of gas and track space to run a Miata there.

Yeah I need to make it over to PBIR sometime. I know NASA runs there a lot too, and since I want to start running TT in the future, I'm going to start running in their HPDE groups and try to work my way up to TT.
Old 11/9/11, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

At VIR Chin Motorsports had an entire hour of an open solo session towards the end of the day. It was AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 11/9/11, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by adam81
At VIR Chin Motorsports had an entire hour of an open solo session towards the end of the day. It was AWESOME!!!!!!
Yeah, thats their "happy hour". It's probably my favorite session of the day!