The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   What have you done to/with your Boss 302 this week? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/what-have-you-done-your-boss-302-week-496106/)

Dayve 4/6/13 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dayve (Post 6591253)
OK, here is what I did to the Boss this weekend. After a nice drive to San Diego on Saturday, I checked the oil. It was right at the top of the hatched marks, so all looks good with the oil. I added some wiper fluid. Yep, got out the funnel and did not spill a drop. I also checked the tire pressure. Two were at 33psi, a bit low. I am taking the Boss into the dealership next weekend, the driver window is sooooooooo loud and squeaky when you roll it down. Will wait until next weekend to wash the Boss, but there are a few bugs that were killed during our outing. I had not decided which interior products to use, weighing if I wanted the shine of Armour All or the matte finish look. Went with the matte finish for now, but the dash and the rest of the car were all wiped down. SO much dust. I have not shined the tires, think the Boss looks fine without all the shine.

So, I took my Boss in to see what the squeaky window was about. It turns out, it was just the small amount of sticky adhesive left over on the window, from when I took off that sticker (forgot what it was for, alarm or something). I got most of the adhesive off, but the small amount that was left, is what made the squeak. That is my BPSA (Boss Public Service Announcement) for today.

Mustang Freak 4/6/13 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Miss Scarlett and I are meeting some friends for dinner!

Attachment 135017

Brandon302 4/6/13 05:41 PM

Finally got to do some dyno pulls and found that my Boss makes 388.

aircare84 4/6/13 06:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got to drive mine twice this week. Looks like spring has finally come to my neck of the woods.:hail:
Gave it the first wash & wax of the year.
Bought some everyday red floor mats from AM & the GT-500 Alacartra shifter boot from CJ. Still working on getting the shifter ball loose. Will try heat tomorrow in addition to the strap wrench.

Brandon302 4/6/13 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 6596386)
Got to drive mine twice this week. Looks like spring has finally come to my neck of the woods.:hail:
Bought some everyday red floor mats from AM & the GT-500 Alacartra shifter boot from CJ. Still working on getting the shifter ball loose. Will try heat tomorrow in addition to the strap wrench.

That looks really good.

Senderofan 4/7/13 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by aircare84 (Post 6596386)

I second the motion that it looks great. Really like the contrast those red mats give. Strap wrench for the shifter ball...for sure...heat will probably help. I used the strap wrench and kept at it....wasn't sure if it would let go...but slowly it started to turn.

Good Luck,

Wayne

mauibob 4/7/13 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just installed 2 post shifter bracket. Sun is out 60 and no snow!!

Tron 4/7/13 05:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed the gt500 axle backs saturday. Very happy with them.:D

Attachment 200464
Attachment 200465

jaywoo 4/7/13 05:17 PM

I love the '13 GT500 exhaust!!

Anyway, went to my first autocross today. I will say that I thought I could drive. I have MUCH to learn. It was a blast though and I will do it again soon!

Mustang Freak 4/7/13 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pizza run!

Attachment 135121

11SHELBYGT500 4/7/13 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6597140)
Pizza run!

Delivery??

Mustang Freak 4/7/13 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6597155)

Delivery??

Yep need the gas money!!! :lol: :-)

ace72ace 4/7/13 06:28 PM

Or cash to fix the ripped off hood stripe if its not covered under warranty! :poke:

Mustang Freak 4/7/13 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ace72ace (Post 6597166)
Or cash to fix the ripped off hood stripe if its not covered under warranty! :poke:

Good one!!! She's getting re-striped on Wednesday! :)

Mustang Freak 4/7/13 06:56 PM

Was at Rita's with my youngest daughter and some kid tried to impress us with his fart box on a Neon! She looked at me and said Miss Scarlett sounds great his sounds terrible! :nice:

Brandon302 4/7/13 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6597211)
Was at Rita's with my youngest daughter and some kid tried to impress us with his fart box on a Neon! She looked at me and said Miss Scarlett sounds great his sounds terrible! :nice:

Sounds like you have a smart daughter.

Mustang Freak 4/7/13 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon302 (Post 6597241)

Sounds like you have a smart daughter.

Yep! :-)

Brandon302 4/7/13 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6597281)
Yep! :-)

Now if only you could teach he to jeer at anything none Ford, except the really nice ones.

Mustang Freak 4/7/13 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon302 (Post 6597284)

Now if only you could teach he to jeer at anything none Ford, except the really nice ones.

Oh I preach to both of my girls that its Ford and then the rest! My oldest daughter almost got thrown out of my car when she said she likes the camaro! She quickly responded that it isn't as nice as Mustangs! She loves horses so I think she's a shoe in (pun intended) for life! :)

Brandon302 4/7/13 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6597302)
Oh I preach to both of my girls that its Ford and then the rest! My oldest daughter almost got thrown out of my car when she said she likes the camaro! She quickly responded that it isn't as nice as Mustangs! She loves horses so I think she's a shoe in (pun intended) for life! :)

You could have pulled over and made her walk a few before letting her back in, that's almost sacrilege.