Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Went to the Car Show This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/10, 01:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to the Car Show This Weekend

They had a Laguna Seca in Silver red/orangish/pink stripe. I didn't really care for it in the pics but man did it look great in person. My son picked it out as his favorite without any prompting. The wheels did not look like it was too much and the silver really popped. I also liked the Yellow Blaze. It was very muted lighting and the color looked really rich. It reminded me of a mango color with 18 coats of clear. I really did like the color except the louvers they had in the side windows as they were a little much. It really would look good with black accents. I snuck a sit down in the LS on the stage to feel the recaros when the annoucer wasn't looking and they felt great. The interior treatment was very nice. Great looking car. HMMMM shelby...bosss....shelby...bosss.... decisions decision.

Roger
Old 11/29/10, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mach1fever
I snuck a sit down in the LS on the stage to feel the recaros when the annoucer wasn't looking and they felt great
Would you like them for a DD?

LQQK
Old 11/29/10, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

To me yes. I only drive 5 miles to and from work though. For long roads the seats would be comfortable but I think a lot of it would have to do with how hard the suspension feels while driving. I can tell you the bolsters are pretty substansive and were not overly intrusive/tight for me I am 5'11 and 182 lbs and they were still "loose on me. Make no mistake it was a recaro racing seat though with a little more cushion. Hope that helps.

Roger
Old 11/29/10, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I definitely wonder how it would be to drive hours in those seats on a commute for larger people. Cool you got to sit in them! Where did they confine you the most? In the legs or waist?
Old 11/29/10, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Was it hard getting in or out of the BOSS?

LQQK
Old 11/30/10, 07:50 AM
Cobra Member

Tony, It was really cool, all though I wasn't supposed to. I saw the guy leave for a break and took a chance . The waist was the most confining, but it was fine for me. In terms of size it just depends on how big. A 200 pounder on my frame would be fine. At 250+ I could see a problem. I hope that puts it in perspective.

LQQK, It was very easy to get in and out, just like any other mustang. It sat a little lower, but really was easy. The bolsters are not flat or straight, so I just stepped in, held the wheel, and leaned back. Much easier than a vette imho.

Respectfully,

Roger
Old 11/30/10, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Tony, It was really cool, all though I wasn't supposed to. I saw the guy leave for a break and took a chance . The waist was the most confining, but it was fine for me. In terms of size it just depends on how big. A 200 pounder on my frame would be fine. At 250+ I could see a problem. I hope that puts it in perspective.

LQQK, It was very easy to get in and out, just like any other mustang. It sat a little lower, but really was easy. The bolsters are not flat or straight, so I just stepped in, held the wheel, and leaned back. Much easier than a vette imho.
Thank-U, this is exactly the kind of description I was looking & hoping for.

So, Now I will put my mind at rest over entry & exit, if the ride is harsh, I'll get a seat cushion!!!

LQQK
Old 11/30/10, 09:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, thankfully I am not 250+! Thanks for the report
Old 11/30/10, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Thank-U, this is exactly the kind of description I was looking & hoping for.

So, Now I will put my mind at rest over entry & exit, if the ride is harsh, I'll get a seat cushion!!!

LQQK

My pleasure and enjoy. I will remain envious for the moment

Respectfully,

Roger
Old 11/30/10, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Well, thankfully I am not 250+! Thanks for the report

Your welcome Tony. If you were comfortable in the mach seats you should be comfortable in these with respect to bolstering. Btw I know your a paultry 249 and a half lol j/k

Respectfully,