Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Used 2012 Bosses for Sale on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/11, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used 2012 Bosses for Sale on Ebay

I have seen a few used 2012 Bosses for sale on ebay. They usually have around 90-100 miles on them and they all seem to have been moved to different states and duplicate titles have been issued. They are for sale by used car dealers and not thru Ford dealerships. Attached car history reports sometimes show "special events" associated with the cars.
Does anyone know what all this means? Were the cars wrecked, used as demos, etc? These cars are in demand, so why are dealerships unloading these cars?
Old 7/13/11, 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by daveP
I have seen a few used 2012 Bosses for sale on ebay. They usually have around 90-100 miles on them and they all seem to have been moved to different states and duplicate titles have been issued. They are for sale by used car dealers and not thru Ford dealerships. Attached car history reports sometimes show "special events" associated with the cars.
Does anyone know what all this means? Were the cars wrecked, used as demos, etc? These cars are in demand, so why are dealerships unloading these cars?
Nothing wrong with them, I am not an expert on dealers but I do understand Ford dealers can trade or buy from another Ford dealer without a title. Many people think they can flip the car and make money so they buy them from a Ford dealer to resell. I have seen a few by private individuals that thought they could make a quick buck, some used car dealers (who may be selling them for a private owner) and a lot of dealers in Canada doing this. However they all need to title the car and re-sell as used.

If you are in the market look to a Ford dealer for a new one IMHO. People here pick them up day after day at or below MSRP. Stay off ebay (for the most part, there have been 1 or 2 there with no reserve) and search other sites like cars.com and dealer web pages or just start calling the smaller dealers near you. Sooner or later you will find one.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 7/13/11 at 01:49 PM.
Old 7/13/11, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also suspect that more than a few bought these cars thinking they could swing the payments and then found they could not with the poor economy. it's interesting though, my cousin works for a local nissan dealer and buys their used cars at the auction. he said a red boss came though as used with a few thousand miles and sold for $43k, which is msrp used.
Old 7/13/11, 01:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW my comments have nothing to do with number 1. That is a completely different subject.