Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Train Wreck Heading for Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/11, 01:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forget where I ran across the story. Bit this happened in the 60's too with some sort of muscle car. I remember photos of a dozer running overthe cars and then the wrecked cars being buried along the trackside.

Last edited by ShaneM; 5/9/11 at 01:47 PM.
Old 5/9/11, 02:33 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dread53
That question has been posed to the dealer and the response will determine whether he waits the 15-18 weeks for a car or bails. Ford WILL build cars to fill the orders, it just isn't clear if they will be the same VIN or a later number.

I've got a good friend in Houston that used to be a GM field engineer. He went through a similar situation some years ago where 92 new trucks were damaged during a derailment. He had to watch them all go through the shredder without removing so much as the lighter.
I can garantee to you that they will not have the same VIN or Serial #'s. If the orders are built again they will have different VIN's & serial number plates. The other cars were built and are already in the record books so to say.
Old 5/22/11, 09:41 PM

omg i want to smack the **** out of the train conductor.... just because... and i wonder what other cars they had on board....bet u there still pretty well intact..man... i wish they wouldnt crush em, thats a few more bosses ill never be able to buy

Last edited by ITRIEDEL; 5/22/11 at 09:43 PM.
Old 5/22/11, 10:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
It looks like it was on a straight portion of track. I highly doubt that smacking the four-stars outta the conductor is of any real benefit. It's more likely a problem of the rail car's trucks in some way, or possibly the track gave way.

And how many Bosses ya gonna buy? I'm slightly curious.
Old 5/23/11, 05:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ITRIEDEL
omg i want to smack the **** out of the train conductor.... just because... and i wonder what other cars they had on board....bet u there still pretty well intact..man... i wish they wouldnt crush em, thats a few more bosses ill never be able to buy

Well, I'm a conductor and can guarantee that no way that conductor was responsible for the train going on the ground.
Old 5/23/11, 06:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As of yet, still no word from the dealer. He's about 90% sure he'll bail on the deal.
Old 5/23/11, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Has anyone actually confirmed that there were Boss cars damaged in this train wreck? How many, which ones, etc? I don't see any in the facebook pics.
Old 5/24/11, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

I had heard 5 total boss's 3 regular 302's and 2 LS cars.
Old 5/27/11, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

If at all possible the cars destroyed should be documented somehow. They are PRIME examples for someone to clone and try to defraud someone since there otherwise wouldn't be anyone to say "hey that's my Boss #."
Old 5/28/11, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

There has been substantially less information coming out of this event than the killing of Bin Laden.

I think the whole thing is now some top-secret conspiracy deal. I'm pretty sure I saw Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts walking in the background of one of those photos, and if you look REALLY close you can see the shadow of a black helicopter .....
Old 5/28/11, 09:19 AM

Our Dealership will be recieving a Competition Orange BOSS the First week of june that has NOT been spoken for yet. Our LS is set for build in 4th qtr. Currently taking offers on both units.
Old 5/28/11, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CuZzO99L
Our Dealership will be recieving a Competition Orange BOSS the First week of june that has NOT been spoken for yet. Our LS is set for build in 4th qtr. Currently taking offers on both units.
Does the Boss have the recaro's?
Old 5/28/11, 08:26 PM

Based on my current situation I wouldn't swear by it arriving the first of June. I put a deposit down on Aprill 22 for a Race Red BOSS that was supposed to be arriving at a dealership in West Texas the first week of May. It has yet to arrive, even though they know it's left the factory. They don't have anyway to track exactly where it is now that it has been handed over to transportation so all we can do is just sit and wait.
Old 5/29/11, 07:33 AM
FR500 Member

There has been substantially less information coming out of this event than the killing of Bin Laden.

I think the whole thing is now some top-secret conspiracy deal. I'm pretty sure I saw Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts walking in the background of one of those photos, and if you look REALLY close you can see the shadow of a black helicopter .....
Can you ask your friend to ask his dealer about any VIN's he knows about for the cars that were lost? I would like to make sure that they are in the registry.
Old 5/29/11, 08:06 AM
GT Member

So, you are saying that this is one of the cars from the wrecked train? Because by posting in this thread, that is what you are saying.

You should probably learn how to use the Internet.

Jimmy
Old 5/29/11, 08:24 AM
GT Member

Oh hell, I haven't finished my first cup of coffee and I have been dealing with sketchy car dealers for a couple of weeks now, so I'm going to pile-on here a bit.

John, besides not posting your free for sale ad in the correct thread, I have to tell you that finding a Boss in the most popular color and for open bidding over sticker price...IS NOT THAT HARD! Sorry that you wasted your time signing-up to the forum, just to insult us by a) not introducing yourself, b) posting your auction to the wrong thread, c) and assuming that the rich guys on the forum can't find their own over-priced cars (they have people for that). Way to go with the contact information, too. Are people supposed to conduct business with you in this thread or through the forum? Maybe it is best that you didn't say what dealership you are with.

I'm off to drink more coffee. Have a nice day.

Jimmy
Old 5/29/11, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Can you ask your friend to ask his dealer about any VIN's he knows about for the cars that were lost? I would like to make sure that they are in the registry.
It's my brother, and no one has come forward with information regarding VIN's, or anything else for that matter. Hence the reference to 'Conspiracy Theory' and Bin Laden. Since that first bit of information the dealership has 'gone dark'.

He's pretty sure his LS was number 40, but we have no way of confirming that other than his VIN ended in 40. I can get you the complete number if need be.
Old 5/29/11, 08:54 PM
FR500 Member

It's my brother, and no one has come forward with information regarding VIN's, or anything else for that matter. Hence the reference to 'Conspiracy Theory' and Bin Laden. Since that first bit of information the dealership has 'gone dark'.

He's pretty sure his LS was number 40, but we have no way of confirming that other than his VIN ended in 40. I can get you the complete number if need be.
LS040 went to a dealership in Michigan, so I'm guessing that wasn't your brother's. Did he not get any other info, build date, etc.?
Old 5/30/11, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

He got a window sticker and the full VIN is 1ZVBP8CU1C5209740. Build date was supposed to be April 15th. That's all he got other than 'the phone call'.
Old 5/30/11, 04:13 PM
FR500 Member

He got a window sticker and the full VIN is 1ZVBP8CU1C5209740. Build date was supposed to be April 15th. That's all he got other than 'the phone call'.
Thanks for the info. It's very helpful. If you have a copy of the original window sticker, please PM it to me. It has been modified since.

Thanks!

Last edited by PTRocks; 5/30/11 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Train Wreck Heading for Houston?