2012-2013 BOSS 302

Trackey Update, Build Numbers, Plant News and more

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/11 | 09:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Scott, thanks for this info, I had not seen this thread so you'll understand my other comment. Any idea on how far behind production is and how long until they get caught up?
Old 4/7/11 | 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss

It is the Pats key without the key-less entry buttons integrated into it. The Mustang is tight anyway I put the seat far forward in the Boss when driving it, more then I would in other cars. Being 6'1" my knee just clears it so I got a key ring that I can easily separate the key for driving since anything dangling from it hits my knee and bothers me.

So yes it will help having the non flob integrated type but you can not make a Trackey from it.

Also forgot to mention any dealer can program the Trackey, not just Ford racing dealers.
Having any dealer do it is the best news yet
Old 4/7/11 | 09:24 PM

BTW I'm 6'2" and I was sitting in a GT500 this evening. I spent some time adjusting the seat like I would if I was going to track the car. In order to get the wheel close enough I had to scoot the seat forward and my right knee was just about touching the dash. I really wish these cars had a telescoping wheel.
Old 4/7/11 | 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Smile

Zoldier, as long as you have the vin number and pay $ 302, you should be able to get the red track key programed by a Ford dealer. I do not see why the car would have to be present other than to prove the key took the program.
Old 4/7/11 | 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

As you may know, I am not a track rat. I always keep a seat all the way back in anything I drive. Only exception is when I use to drag race early Mustangs I pulled myself up to the wheel, less chance of missing a shift that way with the old toploaders. Now not only do I drive the Boss like this but the new F150 is so roomy I drive with the seat not completely locked into the furthest back position. It helps having the adjustable pedals but it is an auto.

I could almost drive the Boss all the way back but wanting to really drive it I go as far forward as possible. I assume I would be more comfortable like this on a road course as well. I do have it almost as low as it will go but not completely. I don't hit the key in the ignition but I have to separate the key from the other keys on my chain.

Speaking of the clutch, I can not start mine unless the clutch is completely on the floor, I have had other Fords with a little play in that but this needs to be 100 percent down.

Is everyone else's like that?
Old 4/7/11 | 09:59 PM

Earlier this evening I received a call from one of the dealers I've talked to about buying a Boss. He told me they received a RR non R/T car today and I could stop by and check it out. Take what I'm about to pass along with a grain of salt but here goes: What he told me was the R/T package is causing delays and that they originally ordered this car for stock with the R/T package. Their rep called and said it would be delayed but if they deleted the R/T it would be built sooner and here it is. I find this hard to believe but there you have it. Since I haven't seen a Boss in person, I've seen two LS cars in person, I'm going to stop by on Saturday to check it out.
Old 4/8/11 | 04:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Earlier this evening I received a call from one of the dealers I've talked to about buying a Boss. He told me they received a RR non R/T car today and I could stop by and check it out. Take what I'm about to pass along with a grain of salt but here goes: What he told me was the R/T package is causing delays and that they originally ordered this car for stock with the R/T package. Their rep called and said it would be delayed but if they deleted the R/T it would be built sooner and here it is. I find this hard to believe but there you have it. Since I haven't seen a Boss in person, I've seen two LS cars in person, I'm going to stop by on Saturday to check it out.
I don't find it hard to believe at all since most of us are being told there's a material hold on the cars and the Recaro seats and Torsen differential are two non-Ford materials.
...but as far as the dealer being that involved in the build and changing things... that sounds like BS even if the Recaro and Torsen are holding things up.

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Speaking of the clutch, I can not start mine unless the clutch is completely on the floor, I have had other Fords with a little play in that but this needs to be 100 percent down.

Is everyone else's like that?
The 2003 Cobra was like that, but I don't have my Boss yet.
Old 4/8/11 | 05:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
My dealer and area rep have been telling me for over a month that the Recaros are the reason for the material hold.
Old 4/8/11 | 06:36 AM
Bullitt Member

oh my god i want that press kit!!!
Old 4/8/11 | 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by smbstyle
oh my god i want that press kit!!!

Scott, you are doing exactly what I would hope one would when getting their Boss: collecting up as much official memorabilia you can find. I'd be doing the exact same thing. Adds to the "time machine" value of the car down the road(for me, anyway).

And since I'm living vicariously through you incredibly lucky owners of the new Boss, I feel I need to ask a huge favor: For those of you going to take Ford up on the Track Attack, please please please film as much of it as you can.

I don't think pictures are going to be enough on this one.
Old 4/8/11 | 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

i am not surprised or inclined to think the bit about dealers being told to change their orders from R/T to get them earlier. that explains why there is only 1 boss 302 sitting on a lot anywhere that I know of with the R/T option. all the others lack what many feel is the only option worth getting. the dealers seeing dollar signs would have gladly dropped the option with visions of still getting ADM on top of sticker.
Old 4/8/11 | 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Zoldier, as long as you have the vin number and pay $ 302, you should be able to get the red track key programed by a Ford dealer. I do not see why the car would have to be present other than to prove the key took the program.
I believe the car gets programmed, not the key. The car would absolutely need to be present.

Originally Posted by Bloody_Knuckles
...but as far as the dealer being that involved in the build and changing things... that sounds like BS even if the Recaro and Torsen are holding things up.

Why? Until an order is pulled and assigned a vin I can change any/all specs.
Old 4/8/11 | 11:45 AM

interesting
Old 4/8/11 | 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bloody_Knuckles
The point was their rep told them to delete the package and it would get pulled for production.
Old 4/8/11 | 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Is everyone else's like that?[/quote]

Scott, I too have to have the clutch virtually on the floor to start.
Old 4/8/11 | 12:24 PM

Pretty sure that's just where the sensor flag is for the neutral safety switch....carry on
Old 4/8/11 | 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Just received this.

April 7, 2011*
To:
All Ford Dealers*
Subject:
EFC00243DC Boss 302 and Boss 302 Laguna Seca Delivery Requirements*

Background

Ford Division has begun to deliver Boss 302's and Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustangs.* Ford Division is committed to ensuring that dealers and customers have all the information to complete the purchase of their Boss Mustang. This is also to make dealers aware of the separate shipment of Ford Racing Performance Parts specific to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

WHAT THE BOSS 302 CUSTOMER RECEIVES:

Purchasers of the Boss 302 Mustang have an option to upgrade their vehicle’s performance by purchasing "TracKey" for $302 plus dealer labor after they take delivery of their car (post title transfer to consumer), a chance to attend the Ford Racing "Track Attack" Boss Driving School at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele Utah, and receive a Boss Owners Kit.*

Basic information on these programs is detailed below.* Attached below, you will also find a Hero Card explaining "TracKey" and "Track Attack" programs which include website addresses for more information on these programs.

1.*TracKey- (After transfer of title to the consumer) Consumer has the opportunity to have "TracKey" Powertrain Control Module software installed at your dealership.* This software is only available to Boss Owners after the consumer purchases their vehicle.* This software should be available for installation late summer of this year.* Log on to www.trackey.ford.com for further information.* You can also call the Ford Racing Performance Group Hotline at 1-(800) 367-3788.

2.*"Boss Track Attack" Boss 302 Ford Racing Performance Driving Experience - Buyers of Ford’s highly anticipated Mustang Boss 302 get a high performance hands-on track driving experience to learn just what their car is capable of as part of the new complimentary Boss Track Attack program.* Ford picks up the cost of the 1 ½ day experience including meals.* The customer is responsible for transportation and lodging.* Customers can get more information by logging onto www.bosstrackattack.com or calling 435-27-SPEED.*

3.*Boss Owners Communication- Purchasers will receive a Boss Owners Kit.* These kits will be shipped directly to owners by Ford Racing beginning in July 2011.
Old 4/8/11 | 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks!!

hmmm -- Boss Owner's Kit --- July 2011 --- Let's guess what's in it --
Old 4/8/11 | 02:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rjaniz

Scott, you are doing exactly what I would hope one would when getting their Boss: collecting up as much official memorabilia you can find. I'd be doing the exact same thing. Adds to the "time machine" value of the car down the road(for me, anyway).
I am very lucky guy that is for sure, getting a low number car was also nice and I am nobody special. Most of the people that work on projects like this are very much into the work they do. One of the other Ford reps said to me "Don't get him started talking Mustangs - he will go on all night". Don't know if that was meant as a warning but I was prepared to stand in the same spot for the next few hours.

Anyway, thing is not to be afraid to talk to the guys, they truly appreciate us (customers, fans etc.). Everyone who worked for Ford was willing to spend time with us to talk about the cars and answer any and all questions. I really wanted the DVD and asked about it, the other things were above and beyond the call but that is what these people do.

Ford had many displays there for the size of this auction. They had every type of car open, Non-Mustangs, CT/CS, Shelbys, verts etc. but not one of the 5 Bosses were open, even the Shelby's trunk was open a kid was slamming it down, LOL. My friend has a LS on order and the guys searched for the key so he could get in it. They took our cell number to call us when they found it. Anyway great people so if you make a show don't be afraid to talk with them.

Good to hear the other clutches are the same, if I even let up a little pressure it will not start on mine.

LOL, LQQK, it was my understanding that dealer info was not for public release. That lasted long.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 4/8/11 at 03:14 PM.
Old 4/8/11 | 02:53 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks look!
Why wouldn't that be for public release ? Most of that info we have and that's one of Fords Customer service problems. They keep the paying customers in the dark.

Quick Reply: Trackey Update, Build Numbers, Plant News and more