2012-2013 BOSS 302

Today's Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/11, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's Surprise

It was a good one.

I've known that I've had a Q1 build, but I have been without a VIN or a production week.

I called today to get an update from my salesman. He says that he was about to call me, and he has unexpected news. My car was being unloaded off the trailer as I spoke to him!

From the Window Sticker, it was produced March 2nd, and arrived in Omaha, NE today. Perhaps that info will help those of you who are estimating time of arrival for your cars.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it. The car is in Omaha, and I'm in South Carolina. Delivery will have to wait until this weekend, and plenty of pictures will soon follow.
Old 3/21/11, 10:08 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats
Old 3/21/11, 10:36 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 3/22/11, 12:15 AM
Cobra Member

Sweet! Enjoy
Old 3/22/11, 12:55 AM
Cobra Member

I should've ordered mine from them!
Old 3/22/11, 03:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sweet - congrats!
Old 3/22/11, 05:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh man. Mine was built February 17th and it still hasn't left Michigan. Thanks Ford.
Old 3/22/11, 05:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't let them drill holes in your front bumper! That is a lot of time for it to sit there and for them to decide to do it.
Old 3/22/11, 06:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Don't let them drill holes in your front bumper! That is a lot of time for it to sit there and for them to decide to do it.
I agree, Ive had that happen to me...
Old 3/22/11, 06:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice surprise !
Congrats.
Old 3/22/11, 07:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by codeman94
Originally Posted by Mach1mania

I agree, Ive had that happen to me...
I told the salesman I wanted to keep the front bumper clean several months back. When I happened to call, they were about to send it to the clean up guys after taking it off the truck. I was glad I called when I did, because I think the salesman may have forgotten about that request. However, he did run outside during our call to make sure that they left the bumper clean.

It's on the showroom floor now, so I'm hoping that will prevent any other opportunities to mess up the bumper.
Old 3/22/11, 07:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LQQK
I should've ordered mine from them!
Yeah, this is what you get for being nice and helping somebody out

In all seriousness though, thanks again for referring me to them. It couldn't have worked out better. Your car should be arriving soon. It may sound crazy, but I sort of missed the opportunity to get a VIN, a window sitcker, then a build date, and then track it's delivery. It's left me scrambling the last couple of days to arrange for financing, insurance and delivery itself. I'm not complaining though
Old 3/22/11, 07:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Oh man. Mine was built February 17th and it still hasn't left Michigan. Thanks Ford.
Both of our situations make me laugh. Despite that we live near each other, and we have ordered similar cars, both of us have strange circumstances which prevent us from actually having them in our possession. Mine is delivered, but it's in Nebraska and I'm not able to leave the state. Yours is built, but it is stuck in Michigan.

Hang in there, your shipment is bound to be any day now.
Old 3/22/11, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! Mine is supposed to arrive today too!
Old 3/22/11, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Dan, I hope you're right. But we've been down that road a few times already....VVS had no update this morning either. No change since last Thursday since FCS allegedly put a rush on it.
Old 3/22/11, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Berol
It was a good one.

I've known that I've had a Q1 build, but I have been without a VIN or a production week.

I called today to get an update from my salesman. He says that he was about to call me, and he has unexpected news. My car was being unloaded off the trailer as I spoke to him!

From the Window Sticker, it was produced March 2nd, and arrived in Omaha, NE today. Perhaps that info will help those of you who are estimating time of arrival for your cars.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it. The car is in Omaha, and I'm in South Carolina. Delivery will have to wait until this weekend, and plenty of pictures will soon follow.
What a fantastic surprise. Are you going to drive it home? Mine was produced on Feb 18th but decided to hang around Flat Rock for a while.
Old 3/22/11, 09:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats Dan!! Enjoy it!!

Deysha
Old 3/22/11, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, this is what you get for being nice and helping somebody out

In all seriousness though, thanks again for referring me to them. It couldn't have worked out better. Your car should be arriving soon. It may sound crazy, but I sort of missed the opportunity to get a VIN, a window sitcker, then a build date, and then track it's delivery. It's left me scrambling the last couple of days to arrange for financing, insurance and delivery itself. I'm not complaining though
Yeah, Murphy's law at work here!!

Your Welcome--->

I still don't have a window sticker, but my day will be here, then I can worry about modifications.

Cross your fingers, the weather is going down hill this weekend, Snow in the forecast, I hope you get your ducks lined up and your able to avoid the moisture that is forecasted, You may wanna wait till early next week:

OMAHA WEATHER

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Saturday: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Old 3/22/11, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a good one.

Wait a couple weeks. I'll be on a track in Omaha and you can break it in there before heading home
Old 3/22/11, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats! Good things come to good people

Quick Reply: Today's Surprise