Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

So I had an interesting day yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/11, 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I had an interesting day yesterday

First off, a little background story. I believe it was April, when my friend sent me a text message while I was deployed saying he bought a Boss 302. I called BS, but low and behold, he actually had bought one. I get back from my deployment in early July and he takes me for a ride and A couple of months later I finally get to drive it and wow! The power band is smooth and quick (though I am used to being pushed back roughly from a higher tq to hp ratio). But I was not displeased, this car as awesome, and I would have loved to get to track one, and have one myself.

But I didn't think I could ever do it, I love my 2007 GT so much. Even though its just an ordinary GT, there was something about it. I was too attached to the car. Every now and then my friend with the Boss would always pressure me into trading, especially when our dealer got 2 more in.

Come Nov 1st, I drive down to Houston from Abilene to see some friends for a week or so. Once again I get a text from my friend telling me about a Boss 302 deal. I call to find out more about it, but the deal falls through eventually. I then called a Ford dealer here in Houston and they said they could get one by the end of the day. I arrive at the dealer and they will not budge from the asking price. The price wasn't that bad, it was just too high for me. Then he went on to tell me that he couldn't accept my 07 as a trade in (I'm not posting the reason right now)

Later on my friend asked me about my search and I told him about it, and he said "You don't want the car bad enough if you're going to give up that quickly" For some strange *** reason, it worked. I called another Ford dealer, and he said he could get 2 for me with in the next day or 2, and they have a blue/white model coming in next week.

So I drive over to this dealer, and I can already tell that this one will do me better, the salesman, unlike the salesman at the first dealer, was not a complete *******. We talked for a while, and I saw my options. All 3 had the same price and options, so it was a matter of color choice. I could get a Red/Black model, Comp. Orange/Black, or wait for next week for the Blue/White. I liked the Blue/White, but the thing was that it's ETA was on the same day that my vacation ended. So after some though and picture browsing, I decided on the Orange.

Hours later, after going back and forth about price, we settled on a deal, and I gave the keys to my 07 GT to the dealer, with a tear in my heart, watched her drive away. They set me up in a loaner vehicle, a '11 GT 6M until my Boss arrives in Houston. It's currently in Austin (for people not familiar with TX, its about 160 miles away) and at the earliest, the car will be here today, tomorrow at the latest.

So to say that I'm happy is an extreme understatement. I still can't believe that I did it. It'll probably hit me when I get the keys and am driving it on the freeway back to my friends house, that I let go of my baby. I bought the 07 brand new, had it custom ordered the way I wanted it. But hey, it's a BOSS!!!!!! The thing I'll miss the most about it though, is the color. Alloy Metallic will always have a special place in my heart.

I will post pics ASAP, hopefully it comes in today!!!!!!
Old 11/3/11, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! You won't be disappointed.

Def post pics!
Old 11/3/11, 06:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! I'm sure that by the time you've spent a week in the seat of that BOSS, you'll be over your 07! LOL!

How are you liking the GT they gave you to drive?
Old 11/3/11, 06:15 AM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Nice writeup. Welcome to the tribe. If your experience is anything like that of the average Boss owner/poster here, you will love the new 302. I know I do. It's awesome.
Old 11/3/11, 06:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
Congrats! I'm sure that by the time you've spent a week in the seat of that BOSS, you'll be over your 07! LOL!

It weird, its the same size as my 07, but it felt bigger. And the 5.0 rev's QUICK! But I like it, can't wait to get in my boss!
Old 11/3/11, 07:03 AM
GT Member

Congrats!! I think you picked an awesome color!
Old 11/3/11, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I traded in my 08 Bullitt on my car, and I loved the Bullitt, but the Boss 302 is so much more.
Old 11/3/11, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats Mustangfreak and welcome to the party!

I agree once you get in and drive the Boss for a while (be sure to take the exhaust discs out) your loving memory of the 07 will fade. Not replaced, just fade. The 5.0 engine is such a huge jump from the 4.6 as is the Boss relative to the Mustang GT. Enjoy!

And thank you for your service to our country!
Old 11/3/11, 07:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Thank you for your service.
You are going to love your Boss, most fun I have had in a car in the front seat.
Old 11/3/11, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
Congrats Mustangfreak and welcome to the party!

And thank you for your service to our country!
+1
Old 11/3/11, 03:23 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations! Did my whole purchase online since New Car Sales had four cars for all of Europe, recently rumored to have two more. You are going to enjoy it for sure, sold my '05 when we left Hawaii and don't miss it a bit now.
Old 11/3/11, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Even though it was hard to say goodbye to the GT, you'll be very happy with the Boss. Big time Congrats !!!
Old 11/3/11, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
I traded in my 08 Bullitt on my car, and I loved the Bullitt, but the Boss 302 is so much more.
LIkewise! I had a hard time making a decision since I felt like you did about your 07. The Bullitt was and is a special mustang I thought I would never let go but I did.

Once I sat in the Boss that was when the life changing event took place. I asked if I could fire the engine in the showroom all bets are off at this point. I walked away three times from the deal which by the way was on Ebay and was being bid on much higher than what I was willing to pay.

The 3rd day I made a call to my salesman and asked would the GM sell it at what I proposed and said he would call me back.

Well you know the rest of that story. Congrats on the car and you made the right color choice. I never thought I would ever settle for CO but IMO its the most striking color around. You'll see!
Old 11/3/11, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Believe me, I loved my 2004 Mach1, in screaming Yellow, with only 20,000 miles.
I had the Boss in my possession for about 10 minutes and already told myself I did the right thing..
Dealer had the Kona Blue Boss waiting for me on front of dealer and had it parked such so I could take a picture of the Mach1 together.
Dealer was the only one in the area to sell it to me for Stcker

Last edited by UnrealFord; 11/3/11 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11/3/11, 04:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Loved my '06 GT but the BOSS is better, faster, and more refined in every way.
Old 11/3/11, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VTXFrank

+1 i went thru the same thing over my 08 GT, but a week in the CO Boss, i have been smiling ever since! You will find the performance, handling and Tracking capabilities a total package. Have Fun!
Old 11/3/11, 06:01 PM

Congrats, Corey!!!

Btw, can I brag that I am the "friend" in the story that introduced you to the BOSS?!?!
FORD, WHERE IS MY COMMISSION?!?!

And why did I know the "you don't want it bad enough" comment would work!!

Can't wait for you to get it back to town so we can cruise together!
Old 11/3/11, 06:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for your service. Vet myself.
Same as everyone else has posted. Hated trading in my 06 GT, took me 2 yrs to make it how I wanted. Don't miss it since I've gotten the Boss, still am amazed I got a chance to own another Boss. Awesome car Enjoy
Old 11/3/11, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Cory,
Congrats on the Boss!
Yep, way better than previous models.
And thanks for your service. I've been retired 368 days now, and loving it.
Old 11/3/11, 06:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Thank you for your service.
X2, congrats enjoy it

Quick Reply: So I had an interesting day yesterday