Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Roll Bar Kit + FRPP Rear Seat Delete Kit

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/12, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roll Bar Kit + FRPP Rear Seat Delete Kit

I would appreciate some feedback before I make a business investment. Hopefully most of you know that we offer a bolt-in, fully powdercoated, roll bar kit for the Boss Mustangs. A prerequisite for our Roll Bar Kit is a rear seat delete kit.

I am thinking to buy a quantity of the newly released FRPP Rear Seat Delete Kits in order to get a better price. Our plan would be to sand-blast the red cross brace and make them ready to be powder-coated to match the roll bar color that a buyer selected.

OK, so the question is: Does the availability of the LS RSD Kit make you Boss 302 owners any more likely to consider our Roll Bar kit? Candor: I know both products are NOT inexpensive and the sum of the parts is a good chunk of change. If the new RSD kit - and the opportunity to have the cross brace in the exact color of the roll bar would enable us to sell more roll bars, then I will make the investment. Ideally, we would be able to;

1) Pass along a pretty good discount on the RSD kit;
2) Offer to match the cross brace to the selected roll bar color;
3) Provide a single source of ordering/delivery;

Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Old 9/20/12, 04:52 PM

I have been wanting your bar for quite some time, but haven't pulled the trigger because I think all the aftermarket RSD kits look cheap. So, to answer your question, yes, I would be much more inclined to buy your bar if I could get the FRPP RSD at the same time.

Can you match YB?
Old 9/20/12, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

No. I have nothing against your product, i'm just leaving my rear seat in place.
Old 9/20/12, 05:30 PM

Now that the RSD is available I find the products more attractive to buy.
Old 9/20/12, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm interested in the cross brace itself, especially one that allows me to retain the rear seat.
Old 9/21/12, 12:13 PM

I'll throw in my $0.02 on this topic.

For starters, let me say that I've been very impressed with the products and support you've made available. You're a great resource for Boss owners and I hope that continues far into the future.

I have your Sound Pipe Delete Kit, just ordered a Tow Hook Kit and am seriously considering purchasing some other products, as well. The biggest barrier for me right now is cost. However, I'm not trying to say that they're not worth it because I think they are. The quality, function and uniqueness of everything I've seen from Cool Tech has been top notch.

Like PABOSS, I've been interested in getting your Roll Bar Kit for a while now, but all of the aftermarket rear seat delete kits I've seen so far are not very appealing and the genuine Laguna Seca parts through Ford were prohibitively expensive.

This new kit from Ford Racing and the possibility of having a matching roll bar and cross brace definitely brings me closer to pulling the trigger, but it would be hard to say for certain without knowing what the overall cost might be.

George
Old 9/21/12, 01:20 PM

I'm in !
Old 9/21/12, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd be in as long as its cheaper than the frpp stuff
Old 9/21/12, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kendall, I've been thinking about this since the moment I saw that FRPP had added this to their online catalog on Wednesday afternoon.

I have an '09 GT500 so I'm uncertain as to fitment of the kit. I have the skills to alter the LS/FRPP brace if it doesn't match the earlier S197 chassis (although I believe it will). It is the trim panels that I am unsure of. I suspect that fit should be very close if not dead nuts.

I'm interested in your roll bar kit to complement the car and 'X' but am uncertain as to whether not it can be retrofitted either. I'm working with a top ten FRPP vendor to establish or verify 'X' brace compatibility. Can you comment on how well your bar fits the earlier S197 chassis/interior?

Tob
Old 9/21/12, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nota4re
I would appreciate some feedback before I make a business investment. Hopefully most of you know that we offer a bolt-in, fully powdercoated, roll bar kit for the Boss Mustangs. A prerequisite for our Roll Bar Kit is a rear seat delete kit.

I am thinking to buy a quantity of the newly released FRPP Rear Seat Delete Kits in order to get a better price. Our plan would be to sand-blast the red cross brace and make them ready to be powder-coated to match the roll bar color that a buyer selected.

OK, so the question is: Does the availability of the LS RSD Kit make you Boss 302 owners any more likely to consider our Roll Bar kit? Candor: I know both products are NOT inexpensive and the sum of the parts is a good chunk of change. If the new RSD kit - and the opportunity to have the cross brace in the exact color of the roll bar would enable us to sell more roll bars, then I will make the investment. Ideally, we would be able to;

1) Pass along a pretty good discount on the RSD kit;
2) Offer to match the cross brace to the selected roll bar color;
3) Provide a single source of ordering/delivery;

Your feedback is very much appreciated.
do you guys sell or willing to sell just the FRPP rear seat delete panels kit? If so could you pm me a quote? thanks much!
Old 9/21/12, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get the panels through the Ford Parts network.
Old 9/21/12, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I put the CoolTech rollbar in my 07 GT and can tell you that it fit like a glove! I believe the rollbar will fit all 05 - 13 GT's and Boss.

Originally Posted by Tob*
Kendall, I've been thinking about this since the moment I saw that FRPP had added this to their online catalog on Wednesday afternoon.

I have an '09 GT500 so I'm uncertain as to fitment of the kit. I have the skills to alter the LS/FRPP brace if it doesn't match the earlier S197 chassis (although I believe it will). It is the trim panels that I am unsure of. I suspect that fit should be very close if not dead nuts.

I'm interested in your roll bar kit to complement the car and 'X' but am uncertain as to whether not it can be retrofitted either. I'm working with a top ten FRPP vendor to establish or verify 'X' brace compatibility. Can you comment on how well your bar fits the earlier S197 chassis/interior?

Tob