Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Reminder TopGear with Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/12, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full episode here: http://www.history.com/shows/top-gea...ar-muscle-cars

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then, I am easily entertained, especially when there is a BOSS involved.
Old 2/24/12, 07:37 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 9 year old was happy the horses won the race...
Old 2/24/12, 07:52 AM
Bullitt Member

i like the roush wheels.
Old 2/24/12, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then, I am easily entertained, especially when there is a BOSS involved.
I concur!
Old 2/24/12, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

That's not a Boss. 5-speed transmission? American Mags. Poser.
Old 2/24/12, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe unpopular, but here it goes...

I can't for the life of me understand why I watch this show. It's not even a good homage to the UK version (which I watch on BBCA and torrent religiously). The hosts are so over the top scripted it's a joke, you never get the sense that these guys are actually car guys (yes, even Tanner, sorry everyone). In the UK version, when these guys get surprised, they actually get surprised. When they laugh, they really laugh. The muscle stimulator on while driving is supposedly shocking these guys so bad they can't drive? Sorry, I've used them and they don't shock you from time to time, it's a constant charge that makes your muscles twitch a little. It doesn't hurt and it's not random. Really, he gets in the GT and puts it in reverse? Ok, I could buy that if it wasn't so obvious that it was written for him to put it in reverse.

Let's drive semi trucks in challenges - Done by TGUK
Let's race a car against a helicopter to see if it can track us - Done by TGUK
Let's race a car and a plane - Done by TGUK
Let's race a guy out of a plane vs. a car / truck - Done by TGUK
Etc.

They start the race off by going 25 Mph? Ok, that could be funny, but it wasn't setup that way. It was billed as a race. They drop the mailbag handoff, oh the comedy that ensues, I completely didn't see that coming. The next guy drives under the speed limit and then by the slimmest of margins loses the race to the horse. Oh I was on the edge of my seat, how did they lose? I DEMAND A REMATCH!

This show could be so much more and it's like they don't even try. These guys are flat out ruining the Top Gear brand, it's really a shame. And by the way, this is my post in this little window, so in here my word is law.

If you couldn't tell, I'm not a fan of TGUSA. At the end of every single show I say that I'm not going to watch it any more and just stick to TGUK. Then they had the Boss episode coming up, so I watched it again. This review of the Boss was flat out pathetic. If you think they did the car any justice in this episode and truly did anything beyond showing 10 seconds of how it can drift around a corner then I wish you luck in watching future episodes of TGUSA.
Old 2/24/12, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Old 2/24/12, 01:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by azoufan

I can't for the life of me understand why I watch this show. It's not even a good homage to the UK version (which I watch on BBCA and torrent religiously). The hosts are so over the top scripted it's a joke, you never get the sense that these guys are actually car guys (yes, even Tanner, sorry everyone). In the UK version, when these guys get surprised, they actually get surprised. When they laugh, they really laugh. The muscle stimulator on while driving is supposedly shocking these guys so bad they can't drive? Sorry, I've used them and they don't shock you from time to time, it's a constant charge that makes your muscles twitch a little. It doesn't hurt and it's not random. Really, he gets in the GT and puts it in reverse? Ok, I could buy that if it wasn't so obvious that it was written for him to put it in reverse.

Let's drive semi trucks in challenges - Done by TGUK
Let's race a car against a helicopter to see if it can track us - Done by TGUK
Let's race a car and a plane - Done by TGUK
Let's race a guy out of a plane vs. a car / truck - Done by TGUK
Etc.

They start the race off by going 25 Mph? Ok, that could be funny, but it wasn't setup that way. It was billed as a race. They drop the mailbag handoff, oh the comedy that ensues, I completely didn't see that coming. The next guy drives under the speed limit and then by the slimmest of margins loses the race to the horse. Oh I was on the edge of my seat, how did they lose? I DEMAND A REMATCH!

This show could be so much more and it's like they don't even try. These guys are flat out ruining the Top Gear brand, it's really a shame. And by the way, this is my post in this little window, so in here my word is law.

If you couldn't tell, I'm not a fan of TGUSA. At the end of every single show I say that I'm not going to watch it any more and just stick to TGUK. Then they had the Boss episode coming up, so I watched it again. This review of the Boss was flat out pathetic. If you think they did the car any justice in this episode and truly did anything beyond showing 10 seconds of how it can drift around a corner then I wish you luck in watching future episodes of TGUSA.
I agree these guys suck, The only good part was the REAL results of the Stig driving it. All i really was waiting for was the Stigs track time.."!!
Old 2/24/12, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
The only good part was the REAL results of Tanner driving it.
Fixed that for you

Adam actually slips up right before the 'top speed' segment... "what top speed did yoo... the Stig set..."

Last edited by JScheier; 2/24/12 at 01:25 PM.
Old 2/24/12, 01:40 PM

Well, how do you compare an awesome car against two much slower cars? Even the original Top Gear is scripted and predictable, but at least it's original. Watching an imitation do the same things is not terribly exciting. Really not sure how they could make it better though.
Old 2/24/12, 02:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lalayla
I agree. I thought it was entertaining especially watching Tanner drift that BOSS. That was awesome.

I like this better than the UK Top Gear honestly.

Me too, Amie.

Perhaps it's because of the locations, perhaps it's because of the focus on American cars and trucks, perhaps its the presenters.......whatever it is, I MUCH prefer TG USA to our UK version.

Perhaps after 20-odd series of the UK version, I'm just jaded, but TG UK is more an "entertainment" show with a few cars thrown in. TG USA is an entertaining car show. And that's an important difference to me.

We've only seen the first 6 (of 16) episodes of season 2. What episode is this one?

Old 2/24/12, 02:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JScheier
Fixed that for you

Adam actually slips up right before the 'top speed' segment... "what top speed did yoo... the Stig set..."
Good catch, Ill have to check that out..
Old 2/24/12, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt

Likewise! Being that it was a CO Boss made it really cool to watch. I guess I am simple. Hell, they could been riding around with poodles in the car and that would have been ok with me. LOL

I only wished that the Bullitt could have gotten the same recognition. Oh well, it's nice to own such a terrific car.
Old 2/24/12, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by azoufan

I can't for the life of me understand why I watch this show. It's not even a good homage to the UK version (which I watch on BBCA and torrent religiously). The hosts are so over the top scripted it's a joke, you never get the sense that thes............
I think you're looking too much into this show and thinking it's something it's not. It's entertainment. Nothing more. If you want "reviews" and "stats" watch Motor Trend's show.
These guys, scripted as they may be, make millions of car fans jealous of what they do for a "job" on a weekly basis.

Old 2/25/12, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

TG USA is unwatchable. Dialog is a killer for me. Seems like the producers are clueless as to what is good and what they are crapping out. Always falls short of what it could have been.
Old 2/25/12, 05:25 AM
GT Member

I thought it was just me but I sure agree.
Old 2/25/12, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Hell its just nice having car show to watch other than horsepower tv, chop cut rebuilt, or pimp my ride, all boring. I enjoy the show.
Old 2/25/12, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

The only part of the show I like is tanner and stigs driving. So I fast forward through it and watch a good 10-15 minutes
Old 2/25/12, 06:49 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
The only part of the show I like is tanner and stigs driving. So I fast forward through it and watch a good 10-15 minutes
Aren't they the same person?
Old 2/25/12, 06:58 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Me too, Amie.

Perhaps it's because of the locations, perhaps it's because of the focus on American cars and trucks, perhaps its the presenters.......whatever it is, I MUCH prefer TG USA to our UK version.

Perhaps after 20-odd series of the UK version, I'm just jaded, but TG UK is more an "entertainment" show with a few cars thrown in. TG USA is an entertaining car show. And that's an important difference to me.

We've only seen the first 6 (of 16) episodes of season 2. What episode is this one?

I completely agree! All of the above! I DVR both and have found myself not even wanting to watch the UK one at all. I find the US version much more interesting. Location and American cars.

Always seems like it's raining over there too! LOL. (Not like I wouldn't want to visit) Everyone puts down Tanner. He may not be the best host but he's an amazing driver (and a really nice guy when I talked to him at the SEMA show)! I think he's great.

I don't see how someone could dislike watching that BOSS drift around those turns. Plus the RS3 was beautiful even if not driven by the faster driver!

Quick Reply: Reminder TopGear with Boss 302