2012-2013 BOSS 302

Question on delivery

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/11, 11:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on delivery

Hi, I'm a newbee. Just placed my order for a Boss in white with the two options at MSRP, in the Bay Area.

Any news on which quarter January orders will be built.

Thanks
Old 1/16/11, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4pipes
Hi, I'm a newbee. Just placed my order for a Boss in white with the two options at MSRP, in the Bay Area.

Any news on which quarter January orders will be built.

Thanks
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter when you put in your order, it matters when your dealer has his allocation. Only he can tell you which quarter he has his Boss allocations in.
Old 1/16/11, 04:13 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter when you put in your order, it matters when your dealer has his allocation. Only he can tell you which quarter he has his Boss allocations in.
More specifically, each dealer who received an allocation, was also told which quarter they would receive their car (Q1 thru Q4 of 2011). NOT ALL dealers are actually getting cars. Some will get none, or only one. Others will have many, but they will be spread throughout the year. Dealers who aren't getting any cars can still place orders, only they will be never filled. If your in Cali then the chances are good your dealer did get (multiple) allocations, the question then becomes, which one are they giving to you. If you don't get them to commit to a quarter, they could conveniently bump you back for other customers. Get them to confirm in writing that they have an allocation and which quarter it is.

congrats on your purchase!
Old 1/16/11, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, that was helpful. My dealer had three allocations. I got their second one. I believe it was a third quarter build which sounded strange to me. Now I understand.
Old 1/16/11, 08:50 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
More specifically, each dealer who received an allocation, was also told which quarter they would receive their car (Q1 thru Q4 of 2011).
If there was an allocation shouldn't there be a specific amount that will be built? When will Ford announce the production numbers they expect to build? Inquiring minds (and future owners) want to know. I still think the 3,500/500 each of the two year sounds about right and closely follows the total production for the 1969/1970 cars.
Old 1/16/11, 09:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
If there was an allocation shouldn't there be a specific amount that will be built? When will Ford announce the production numbers they expect to build? Inquiring minds (and future owners) want to know. I still think the 3,500/500 each of the two year sounds about right and closely follows the total production for the 1969/1970 cars.
These are the "projected" numbers (4000ish) but I'm sure some Ford exec is going to juggle numbers enough to maximize sales while trying to retain "limited" status.
Old 1/16/11, 10:06 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

These are the "projected" numbers (4000ish) but I'm sure some Ford exec is going to juggle numbers enough to maximize sales while trying to retain "limited" status.
Thanks. I would think the X (500?) number for LS would remain static and maybe they'd allow more Boss cars to be built if demand is there. I wonder if demand will be greater in the second year as word gets out. Of course it's not like Ford has been keeping this a secret. I also wonder if they will even sell 4,000 a year with people focusing on economy and alternative fuel vehicles with gas prices moving up. This car appears to the enthusiast for sure buy how many people will be shopping for a new car and buy one?
Old 1/16/11, 10:06 AM
Cobra R Member

I don't think this is the time or place to juggle
Old 1/16/11, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I also wonder if they will even sell 4,000 a year with people focusing on economy and alternative fuel vehicles with gas prices moving up. This car appears to the enthusiast for sure buy how many people will be shopping for a new car and buy one?
4000 vehicles spread amongst a population base of 350,000,000 between the US and Canada (excluding foreign purchases) works out to 1 car for every 87,000 people; I'm sure it won't be too hard to sell every one of them.

Just like the GT500, after the initial rush is over you will see dealers having to budge off of MSRP and they could possibly be even available on A- or X-Plan, just like the GT500. They will sell them all, just not necessarily at MSRP or with an ADM.
Old 1/16/11, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

also a white one in the bay area

I'm in Los Gatos, ordered from Ford Store Morgan Hill. I'm getting my white car in the first quarter.
OP: where are you and where'd you order from?
Old 1/16/11, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I sent you a PM.

I'm in Saratoga
Old 1/20/11, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
I'm in Los Gatos, ordered from Ford Store Morgan Hill. I'm getting my white car in the first quarter.
OP: where are you and where'd you order from?
Turns out I'll be getting my car in March. I found another dealer that had a Feb 28th production date (originally Jan 31).

They changed the color to White and sold it to me at MSRP..... couldn't be happier. Better than waiting 6 months or more!
Old 1/20/11, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Turns out I'll be getting my car in March. I found another dealer that had a Feb 28th production date (originally Jan 31).

They changed the color to White and sold it to me at MSRP..... couldn't be happier. Better than waiting 6 months or more!
Congrats 4pipes! I've got a Performance White build sked week of 21 Feb; pushed back from 31 Jan.
Old 1/20/11, 05:48 PM
Cobra R Member

congrats
Old 1/21/11, 11:00 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome and congrats.
Old 1/27/11, 03:31 PM
Cobra R Member

another local dealer?

----------------
Now playing: Sixx: A.M. - Pray for Me
via FoxyTunes
Old 1/27/11, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, turns out there are over 40 Ford dealers in the Greater Bay Area. I just picked up the phone and called until I got 1qtr@MSRP. I met my goal after only a half a dozen calls. I stayed away from large dealerships, assuming small ones don't sell too many $45k Mustangs.....it worked. I also only asked for the General Sales Manager.

Dave
Old 1/27/11, 05:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Dave,

indeed a good plan, again congrats and let the wait pass fast

---------------- Now playing: Brooks & Dunn - Husbands And Wives
via FoxyTunes
Old 1/27/11, 06:21 PM
V6 Member

You guys a lucky. I can't get my dealer to find out the build date yet, all i can get out of them is the estimate that it should be built in the second quarter and they think it will be early may. I would like a more solid dates the waiting and agony can be even worse, ha ha.

Congrats on the date and most importantly the new Boss.
Old 1/28/11, 01:15 AM

Yes, turns out there are over 40 Ford dealers in the Greater Bay Area. I just picked up the phone and called until I got 1qtr@MSRP. I met my goal after only a half a dozen calls. I stayed away from large dealerships, assuming small ones don't sell too many $45k Mustangs.....it worked. I also only asked for the General Sales Manager.

Dave
I'm also in the bay area and can't find a dealer that is willing to sell one for less than 5K over MSRP. But then again, the dealers that I have been talking with are some of the larger ones and can probably get their markups. Like you said, they are probably not hurting for sales as much as the small dealerships. Any info on who these "smaller" dealership might be would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I got a little off subject there, but I've been struggling to find a MSRP. I'll find one eventually.

Quick Reply: Question on delivery