Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Possibly buying 2013 Boss, need help

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/12, 09:21 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly buying 2013 Boss, need help

So I got a tough decision on my hands, I went to see a GHIG Boss just to see the color as I ordered a GHIG convertible. The dealer is selling the Boss that is on their lot right now for MSRP but they have a $399 "environmental protection" addendum. Of course this really has $0 value to me and I'm looking at it as pure profit, but they know what they have and they know they'll get the $400. Having sold cars for a long time I already have a moral issue paying MSRP, but I understand, and now the extra couple hundred is pissing me off.

I guess my decision, besides one of spending almost $6000 more for a Boss, is it worth $400 to just get a Boss this weekend as opposed to ordering one and waiting months. I know in the end this is my decision but any advice would be very much appreciated. If I do go with this, I'm going to feel real bad canceling my order with the other dealer....**** you Ford and offering choices!

Last edited by 88Saleen544; 4/13/12 at 09:24 AM.
Old 4/13/12, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

You need to make the decision of whether or not you want a drop top or not. My BOss has been built since 3/10 and still do not have it. Regular GT orders are coming in left and right. If you wait for the convertible, it shouldnt be that much longer. I am guessing you are in NC??
Old 4/13/12, 11:03 AM
GT Member

Offer them what you are comfortable paying; at least you have some bargaining power in your back pocket with the car you originally wanted on order. I would personally have a problem paying $0.02 over MSRP but that's just me.
Old 4/13/12, 11:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'd go in with an offer that you're comfortable with making right then and there. It's up to them to take it and if they don't than oh well. You have options!
Old 4/13/12, 11:22 AM
GT Member

Buy it!
If you want a Boss, and it's the color you want, with the options you want, sometimes you just gotta say f' it.

I paid sticker for mine. It's the best money I have ever spent on a depreciating asset.

I agree, paying MSRP is tough to do, combined with their add on, but at the end of the day, if this is the car you want you'll forget about the 400 bucks once you drive it off the lot.

I've had alot of cars in my time, and this is by far the best handling, most well thought out engineered car I have ever owned.

Just make sure it has the options you want. That's the part you will regret down the road if you don't get exactly what you want.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride!
Old 4/13/12, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Once you start driving your new BOSS you won't care about paying a little extra.
Old 4/13/12, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Another thought is you can do is pay their price but with the Track Key and installation of the tune included. Making that $400 pretty much a wash.
Old 4/13/12, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Another thought is you can do is pay their price but with the Track Key and installation of the tune included. Making that $400 pretty much a wash.
this. plus we all know 95% of all boss' will go at MSRP or above, pay the $400 and move on. if you buy a normal GT after wanting a boss, you might regret it. if you don't pay it, someone else will.
Old 4/13/12, 01:35 PM
V6 Member

Well I decided to go with it. I put my deposit down a little while ago and pick it up tomorrow. I tried to play hardball and pass over the $399 but my wife convinced me to just go for it. In the long run its a small sum. Plus as its technically an aftermarket dealer product I and it has a tangible benefit, I look at it as I am still paying MSRP

Tomorrow I get a nice 1.5 hour drive home to become acquainted with her.
Old 4/13/12, 01:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 88Saleen544
Well I decided to go with it. I put my deposit down a little while ago and pick it up tomorrow. I tried to play hardball and pass over the $399 but my wife convinced me to just go for it. In the long run its a small sum. Plus as its technically an aftermarket dealer product I and it has a tangible benefit, I look at it as I am still paying MSRP

Congratulations!
Post some pics when you can.

Btw, you have a very cool wife.
Old 4/13/12, 01:48 PM
V6 Member

There are currently about six released cars all the others are waiting the stripes to be fixed and shipped. Everything is slipping. If you have one in site for MSRP go for it! By chance are you in NC or AR? I believe there are GHIG cars there.
Old 4/13/12, 01:51 PM
V6 Member

Cool!

Originally Posted by mammothcar1
Congratulations!
Post some pics when you can.

Btw, you have a very cool wife.
Yeah!!!! YOU ARE THE FIRST 2013 owner, besides me, yet identified! Be sure to get them to note that the stripes on the lip of the front facia need to be replaced! If you look closely you will see little bubbles. That's the issue that's kept the other cars in Dearborn.

Welcome! :-)

I don't feel so lonely anymore!
Old 4/13/12, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

CONGRATS! so lucky...I really wish I could get a boss right now, but I will just have to make do with my "boss lite" base gt with track pack and recaros

Post some pics asap and have fun!!!
Old 4/13/12, 01:57 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new car, I'm sure you are going to love it. Had a 4+ hour drive back from picking mine up at the port, great time!
Old 4/13/12, 02:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JeffIsHereToo

Yeah!!!! YOU ARE THE FIRST 2013 owner, besides me, yet identified! Be sure to get them to note that the stripes on the lip of the front facia need to be replaced! If you look closely you will see little bubbles. That's the issue that's kept the other cars in Dearborn.

Welcome! :-)

I don't feel so lonely anymore!
Jeff
What number did you get?
Old 4/13/12, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

I'm in NC and the salesman mentioned quite a few times that this was the only GHIG one on the ground. But he is a salesman after all lol

Now that I've made the decision I am so excited. And Jeff I already talked to the salesman about the stripe and he said the service department already has a claim in for whenever the fix is found and he is going to note it on the "we owe."

I can't wait til tomorrow now. I am at a conference for school in Charlotte which I am cutting short by a day so I can go get this car.
Old 4/13/12, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Totally agree
Old 4/13/12, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I got a tough decision on my hands, I went to see a GHIG Boss just to see the color as I ordered a GHIG convertible. The dealer is selling the Boss that is on their lot right now for MSRP but they have a $399 "environmental protection" addendum. Of course this really has $0 value to me and I'm looking at it as pure profit, but they know what they have and they know they'll get the $400. Having sold cars for a long time I already have a moral issue paying MSRP, but I understand, and now the extra couple hundred is pissing me off.

I guess my decision, besides one of spending almost $6000 more for a Boss, is it worth $400 to just get a Boss this weekend as opposed to ordering one and waiting months. I know in the end this is my decision but any advice would be very much appreciated. If I do go with this, I'm going to feel real bad canceling my order with the other dealer....**** you Ford and offering choices!
Don't do it. Don't pay over msrp. If you can make them come to you.
Tell them you want it LESS than msrp.... or turn around and walk..
Old 4/13/12, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm in NC and the salesman mentioned quite a few times that this was the only GHIG one on the ground. But he is a salesman after all lol

Now that I've made the decision I am so excited. And Jeff I already talked to the salesman about the stripe and he said the service department already has a claim in for whenever the fix is found and he is going to note it on the "we owe."

I can't wait til tomorrow now. I am at a conference for school in Charlotte which I am cutting short by a day so I can go get this car.
Congrats,
How is that color in person as compared to pics on the internet ?
Old 4/13/12, 03:14 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffIsHereToo
There are currently about six released cars all the others are waiting the stripes to be fixed and shipped. Everything is slipping. If you have one in site for MSRP go for it! By chance are you in NC or AR? I believe there are GHIG cars there.
Don't know if this is correct or not, but, a Ford Customer Service Rep. answered my e-mail about Tape Stripe hold and said the hold has been lifted.
My 13 Scheduled for Apr 16.Could be new builds are OK and previously made cars need the stripes repaired.

Quick Reply: Possibly buying 2013 Boss, need help