Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

osso12 hanging in there still waiting on boss

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/13, 07:13 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,719 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Originally Posted by jaywoo
Well, I'm probably gonna sound like a complete **** here but what the heck.
First off, forget using your girlfriend or co-signers. You're an adult. If you can't get financed for a Boss, then a Boss just isn't in your future. Try for something cheaper. Maybe a used 5.0. Get a credit card. Buy stuff with it and pay it off every month. That will build your credit. I have no clue as to your income level, and I don't want to know, but with no house payment, no car payment and no credit cards you should think about having a savings account of your own.
That's my .02, and with the economy today it's not even worth that.
BINGO!
What I would do is, try to build your credit as fast as you can, so you don't need a co-signer. And don't forget,....the better your credit score, the better the rate you have while financing a car. GOOD LUCK!
Old 3/21/13, 09:41 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its not hard... ive got 5 car loans and bought a house int he past 1.25 years.
Old 3/21/13, 09:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Instead of buying a Boss through means that are apparently out of your reach (or if within your reach, are just barely so), you might want to invest some of that money into some financial planning education. Buy some books, read them, talk to a financial/retirement planner, etc. You're going about this entirely the wrong way, and even if you do "prove everyone else to be a liar," you're going to be spread so thin financially you'll spend all your time either worrying about making ends meet (because let's be honest, if you have no bills whatsoever and you still don't have the $$$ to buy a vehicle, you're not exactly setting a standard for the rest of us to follow in terms of financial planning), or you'll find yourself in a very unsavory situation before you realize it.

Get your finances in order; there will be other cars.
Old 3/21/13, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno what to think here. On one hand you're telling us not long ago you had a $53k ZL1 ready to go but pulled out for some reason or another and now you don't carry enough juice to buy a Boss?
The thing that gets me is that these two vehicles are clearly different. So, I'm going to put on my psychology hat here and suggest you have an obsessive disorder which is rooted in your general unhappiness in life. Most likely due to your low self esteem. Somehow a toy...a real cool toy...will make things better.

Invest your monies into a therapist.
Old 3/21/13, 10:41 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

or hot wheels
Old 3/22/13, 05:15 AM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by BadBoss1930
I dunno what to think here. On one hand you're telling us not long ago you had a $53k ZL1 ready to go but pulled out for some reason or another and now you don't carry enough juice to buy a Boss?
The thing that gets me is that these two vehicles are clearly different. So, I'm going to put on my psychology hat here and suggest you have an obsessive disorder which is rooted in your general unhappiness in life. Most likely due to your low self esteem. Somehow a toy...a real cool toy...will make things better.

Couldn't agree more. The line that stuck out a few posts back for me is, "yes I'm spoiled".
Old 3/22/13, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by BadBoss1930

Yup...ZL1 vin 2G1FS1EP3C9800083

Juice? like as in koolaide?

Bottom line as to why I went from wanting a camaro to a stang really does not matter at all...
Psychology hat? Oh you want to put me under a microscope?.. Wheres your office?...sign me up for thursdays.... at 4m....
Actually for what its worth I am an extremely happy person and no low self esteem...think what ya want.... does not matter at all about this topic...
sticks and stones blah blah...

Anyway... I have considered all of the posts made...no reason to hate on anyone here at all.. was not my intention but these threads tend to make that happen towards the end.. I value each and everyone of your inputs here... bottom line is I will get it when I get it, and how I decide to go about doing it...and when I want to go about doing it... The boss will come...probably later than sooner.... or possibly even used... or it may not come at all if I decide later on not to do anything... one day at a time peeps.. one day at a time....
We can put this one to bed now. IF and WHEN I get a boss...TMS will be the first to know about it for sure.
Yall have a blessed day.
Old 3/22/13, 09:20 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I think everyone is just trying to make sure you dont make a bad move. Even in a scary tough love way. It is silly to put money down on a car.
Old 3/22/13, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Here's some financial planning. Why do not want to risk your house? What's to lose? If you don't want to risk real low payments on a mortgage, then it seems like you are worried about making payments in the first place; in that case don't buy anything. You can get $47000 mortgage over 10-15 years at a great interest rate; have real low payments on a great car.

Double up on your payments if you are able and get the car and be done with it.

If your girlfriend started all this mess; then backed out; you might have to question her character for marriage??

If I was totally honest, I have been reading all of your posts from when you first started this Boss adventure and I've wondered more than once if you are just taking all the guys here for a Boss Fantasy Ride......

You've got more stories about this stuff then most of us get in 20 car deals.

No offense, just sayin..
Old 3/23/13, 05:21 AM
GT Member

Been there, done that. My credit is 820, I have 1 current loan, and an equity line. Either grow some bollocks and buy the Boss on an equity line of credit, or give up on owning one new. Set up the equity line with direct deposit from your pay, a no brainer. Instant good credit. A year down the road get a car loan, pay off the equity line, done. I tend to use the equity line to keep my taxes down. I used it to buy the BOSS (2.99%) it's there when you need it most, like getting a deal on a 2013 BOSS in SBY for $41,026.!!!
Old 3/24/13, 10:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I think everyone is just trying to make sure you dont make a bad move. Even in a scary tough love way. It is silly to put money down on a car.
Exactly.
Old 3/24/13, 11:01 AM
GT Member

If wanting a car that shouts "hey look at me" means he has low self esteem and is depressed then we all have problems.
I think he's just a young guy who likes cars but has some hidden financial issues that is scaring lenders away. If you can put 10k down on a car any dealer will find a way to put you in the seat. I hope he is able to get it if he wants it, you are only young once. If I'm reading it wrong, apologies to the OP.
Steve
Old 3/25/13, 10:10 AM
V6 Member

Here is my take on this... What the heck had he been doing with his money over the last year. If he said he ordered a ZL1 a year ago and assuming he could put 10k down, his monthly payment over a five year loan plus insurance of $250 per month (he said that) would be north of a grand. So if he could afford it then, he should have a spare 1,000 pre month. Banking that over 12 months means he could have easily saved 10k by now.
Old 3/25/13, 10:58 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

its also sad to have a GF give you money or co sign.......
Old 3/25/13, 11:09 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
its also sad to have a GF give you money or co sign.......
Is it?

Hell it's better than the other way around bro
Old 3/25/13, 11:09 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Is it?

Hell it's better than the other way around bro
Old 3/25/13, 11:13 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

well if you are a kept man its ok
Old 4/7/13, 10:11 AM

I wont begrudge the OP taking money from the GF as I don't know what their relationship is like. My GF and I are choosing not to get married, but have been together 5 years, so I wouldn't hesitate to give her money or vice versa.

I haven't posted here in a long time, but reading the OP's post I just could let it slip. OP, you need to change your outlook and start acting like a grown-*** man. You obviously cannot afford this car in your current financial state. I hate to sound like the **** here, but you need to step up and pull your finances together before you even consider picking up a car in this price range. Asking your Aunt to co-sign? You're kidding me right? You should only be doing that if you're in a desperate situation, and buying a luxury item such as a Boss is not a desperate purchase.

EVERYTHING you have posted clearly says you can't afford the car, the forum has told you you can't afford the car, and the dealer has told you you can't afford the car. Dealers WANT to sell cars. More so then banks want to lend on them. If the dealer can't make it work then that should tell you something.

That you ordered a ZL1 says nothing. Anyone can do that with a deposit. Most of the time dealers don't even pull credit for a new car order. No one here cares what you at one time could afford (or say you could). You can't afford THIS car NOW. If you want to make a stupid decision and borrow against your home or retirement to get it, go for it. I'll gladly buy the 302 from you used when you're forced to sell.

Pull it together dude, accept that you need to change your finances, leave your aunt alone, and start making smarter financial decisions.
Old 4/7/13, 11:19 AM
GT Member

I've read this whole thread and I think OP sounds like a spoiled brat. I think I had the prove everyone wrong mentality when I was younger. I had a huge house and a Porsche. I F'ed up my credit in my early 20's. Foreclosed on my house, had a car repo'd, had some credit lines go. When I bought my boss my credit was real bad.

Guess what? I grew a pair and put 22k down on it. I also still have substantial savings in the bank, a mortgage, and a solid retirement plan, because I learned my lesson.

The boss costs 45k for a few reasons, one of which, is so that people who shouldn't own one will not.

To the OP I say, good luck. If you do get it, I hope you don't continue to compromise your relationships to get it. It's only a car. Your family and relationships with them should be more valuable.
Old 4/12/13, 07:40 AM
V6 Member

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson. Maybe? Why would anyone ask all this about how to finagle your money around in an open forum? Oprah much?

Quick Reply: osso12 hanging in there still waiting on boss