2012-2013 BOSS 302

Ordered Boss and need help

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/11, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered Boss and need help

Hello all,

I am new to the Mustang world but not to sports cars. I just ordered a 2012 Boss from a very small dealer in east Tx. Let me start by saying they are one of the nicest dealers I have ever delt with. Now onto the issue, when we put the order in I was told that every time the recaro seats were added they would get an error on the page but when we put the option for the car cover and Boss floor mats we had no issue. At first I said no biggie since I was getting the car under msrp, the more i thought about it I really want the seats. The second issue is after I gave the deposit last week I decided to call this week to get a build date or even what Quarter the car would be built and no one could answer my question. The only answer I got was it should be here by October.
I find these two things kind of weird.....Can anyone help me please with a suggestion? Maybe a Ford rep on here
Old 6/15/11, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I spent a fair time contacting many dealears looking for my Boss. Many said they did not know what quarter their allocation was, a few did. EVERY Ford Zone manager knows exactly the quarter for every Boss in his region. The dealer needs only to contact their zone manager. Strangely, I had many sales people not have that info. I would not consider it a sale until someone can confidently tell you the quarter your build is allocated to. There are plenty of Boss' on cars.com sitting in dealers at list. why wait??? 15 of the 20 listed have the torsen @ list

regarding the recaro/Torsen option. I have not heard any issue entering that into the order system. If you have any intent to track this vehicle, you Must get the torsen rear diff!!! if you think you will ever sell it, get the Torsen, its designed to be a track car and many buyers will want to track it, it must have the torsen!! IMO

Good Luck! its a great car!
Old 6/15/11, 09:01 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Bossdog
I spent a fair time contacting many dealears looking for my Boss. Many said they did not know what quarter their allocation was, a few did. EVERY Ford Zone manager knows exactly the quarter for every Boss in his region. The dealer needs only to contact their zone manager. Strangely, I had many sales people not have that info. I would not consider it a sale until someone can confidently tell you the quarter your build is allocated to. There are plenty of Boss' on cars.com sitting in dealers at list. why wait??? 15 of the 20 listed have the torsen @ list

regarding the recaro/Torsen option. I have not heard any issue entering that into the order system. If you have any intent to track this vehicle, you Must get the torsen rear diff!!! if you think you will ever sell it, get the Torsen, its designed to be a track car and many buyers will want to track it, it must have the torsen!! IMO

Good Luck! its a great car!
Thanks for the info, I did not realize that many Boss car's were out there for msrp! Forgive my egnorance but what is so good about the torsen rear end?
Old 6/15/11, 09:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The Torsen enables the Boss to hook up well and contributes to it's overall performance.
Old 6/15/11, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got to have the Torsen:

"The Torsen differential is simply a torque multiplier that works through the use of friction generated by thrust forces from the internal gearing.* It multiplies what torque is available from the wheel that is starting to spin-up or lose traction and sends that available torque, multiplied by the TBR, to the slower turning wheel with the better traction."
Old 6/15/11, 11:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree you need the Torsen and Recaros.

Not sure this will help but this is out of the Mustang Ordering Guide Sheet for our BOSS. They should be able to get this figured out so you can get what you want.

"RECARO® Sport Seats and Helical Differential (947)
• Includes:
— RECARO® cloth sport driver and passenger seats
— TORSEN® helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
Note: For correct order submission (MW) interior must be
added at the same time as (947)–
Available on 500A"
Old 6/15/11, 11:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by MoscowBoss
I agree you need the Torsen and Recaros.

Not sure this will help but this is out of the Mustang Ordering Guide Sheet for our BOSS. They should be able to get this figured out so you can get what you want.

"RECARO® Sport Seats and Helical Differential (947)
• Includes:
— RECARO® cloth sport driver and passenger seats
— TORSEN® helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
Note: For correct order submission (MW) interior must be
added at the same time as (947)–
Available on 500A"
I don't know anything about how this works, but by reading that, I take it that the Torsen and Recaros are listed as separate options, but both have to be ordered. Since he didn't seem to be familiar with the Torsen, maybe his dealer is trying to add the Recaros but not the Torsen and its kicking it out.
Old 6/16/11, 11:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I don't know anything about how this works, but by reading that, I take it that the Torsen and Recaros are listed as separate options, but both have to be ordered. Since he didn't seem to be familiar with the Torsen, maybe his dealer is trying to add the Recaros but not the Torsen and its kicking it out.
It appears that the order system must know about the correct interior code in order to get the Recaro/Torsen option.
Old 6/18/11, 01:55 PM
Cobra Member

where are you in east texas? i am in tyler, i also called every dealership around here an no one had allocations back when i was looking, where did you find this one? don't want to scare you or anything, but a bunch of the area dealer i talked to had no clue and thought they could just order them and they would get built and that isn't how it works.
Old 6/18/11, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
where are you in east texas? i am in tyler, i also called every dealership around here an no one had allocations back when i was looking, where did you find this one? don't want to scare you or anything, but a bunch of the area dealer i talked to had no clue and thought they could just order them and they would get built and that isn't how it works.
All is well now!!
I was able to get a hold of a Ford Service Rep and they helped the dealer get the recaro seats added along with the torsen rear end.........
I also have an order # along with the assurance from Ford that this car has my name on it and its a third quarter build.

Now its waiting time but thats okay I need to build a shop to get all of the junk out of my garage!
Sorry but I dont want to tell you the name of the dealer just because of this situation........they are about an 45 min west of you. I live in Weatherford Tx
Old 6/20/11, 07:18 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by c6dreamvette
All is well now!!
I was able to get a hold of a Ford Service Rep and they helped the dealer get the recaro seats added along with the torsen rear end.........
I also have an order # along with the assurance from Ford that this car has my name on it and its a third quarter build.

Now its waiting time but thats okay I need to build a shop to get all of the junk out of my garage!
Sorry but I dont want to tell you the name of the dealer just because of this situation........they are about an 45 min west of you. I live in Weatherford Tx
Hey c6dreamvette,

Glad to hear they were able to put the order in for you. If you’d like, I can track it for you. Please, message me with your dealer name and order number so I can help.

Deysha