Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Okay FORD, it's been TWO MONTHS!!! INFO PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/10, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! If that F-150 color is coming to the Mustang, that will be a SWEET color. I've never been a big fan of red, but I really like that!
Old 10/15/10, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
There's plenty of interest here!

When I look at the other forums, it appears they are active because people already are driving their cars, reporting on problems and modifications, showing off photos, or are asking about them in preparation to buy.

Potential Boss owners will be joining the ranks in time soon, I think.

https://themustangsource.com/f813/to...inions-488380/

LQQK
Old 10/15/10, 02:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Why is competition orange Boss specific? I was hoping to maybe pick up an Orange GT or GT500
Old 10/15/10, 02:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Lava Red/BBP car would be sexy as hell!
Old 10/15/10, 03:11 PM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
And you don't want any of this info????

I don't expect a Boss to be at my dealers to test drive. I don't expect ANYONE will get to test drive the car. This is going to be basically a case of ordering a car without having a test drive. People that want one of these cars will need to order it when the order banks open next month. With the limited number being built it will be a case of- if you want it then order it, if you wait someone else will order it and you'll be S.O.L.

I'm #1 on my dealer's list for this car but there are 3 others also on that list. The dealer expects to get 1 Boss. If I don't order it in Nov. then one of the others on that list will be.
The vast majority of members on this forum will not being buying a Boss, so they don't care when the info comes out or the quality of that info. But for those of us prepared to buy I think Ford OWES it to us provide us with accurate information.
Don't need the info, already have it.
And Ford doesn't OWE you anything. You already have a pretty good idea of production numbers and price, so just go ahead and order it. What is the reason you have for not ordering one? Seems like you are constantly searching the internet for any updates so I presume you already know you will get one. Or are you trying to talk yourself out of the car?
Old 10/15/10, 03:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
Lava Red?! As in the 2010 Harley F-150's?

Yup, that's it! Same paint code even: UZ
Old 10/15/10, 03:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian, any other color changes for 2012?
Old 10/15/10, 04:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
There's plenty of interest here!

When I look at the other forums, it appears they are active because people already are driving their cars, reporting on problems and modifications, showing off photos, or are asking about them in preparation to buy.

Potential Boss owners will be joining the ranks in time soon, I think.
I didn't mean all the forums on this site. I should've said this SUB forum is pretty dead.

Last edited by Whammer; 10/15/10 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10/15/10, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
Don't need the info, already have it.
And Ford doesn't OWE you anything. You already have a pretty good idea of production numbers and price, so just go ahead and order it. What is the reason you have for not ordering one? Seems like you are constantly searching the internet for any updates so I presume you already know you will get one. Or are you trying to talk yourself out of the car?

Hmmm, where to start with such a misguided post????

Do we KNOW price and production numbers? MANY will dispute the production numbers and say Ford will build more than enough Boss's for everyone who wants one. Price is speculated but not known?
And HOW can I order one when my dealer has not been told if he'll even be getting one??????
Dealers have been told to not accept deposits or promise customers they'll be able to order a Boss until Ford officially gives them an allocation.

I'm fairly certain I will get one but there are a few unknowns that might make me decide that the car is not worth trading my GT500 in on. In Canada the Boss could push towards 50k, you might have the kind of coin to throw around on something you don't know much about but I sure don't.

I'm not really sure why you're so against having more info put out by Ford?
I want Ford to know about my displeasure of not releasing more info, supposedly they are monitoring the internet to gauge interest for the Boss.
If it's just a case of not liking what I'm posting than don't read it, it's pretty simple.
Old 10/15/10, 04:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Brian, any other color changes for 2012?
2012 V6 & GT colors info....

Sterling Gray goes away. Ingot Silver, Black, and Performance White stay to represent the gray scale.

Both blues remain: Kona Blue and Grabber Blue.

Yellow Blaze remains.

Red Candy and Race Red are joined by Lava Red, making 3 shades of red!

Interior choices remain the same, except the the premium V6 & GT models now offer charcoal/plum leather (which can only be had with the Lava Red paint, by the way).

The above info does not apply to Boss or Shelby models.
Old 10/15/10, 05:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Can you get a GT500 in yellow blaze?

I'm I the only one that thinks Ford's color palette is "lacking"?
Old 10/15/10, 05:01 PM
GT Member

I want Ford to know about my displeasure of not releasing more info, supposedly they are monitoring the internet to gauge interest for the Boss.
If they're monitoring this board or any other I think they'll find more potential owners peeved about the color combos than otherwise. All they really need to do is offer black stripes across most (if not all) colors they've already decided to offer. If they do offer black stripes for most colors, an Ingot Silver LS or Perf White reg Boss will be something I'll pony up for.
Old 10/15/10, 05:57 PM
BOSS Member

Hmmm, where to start with such a misguided post????

Do we KNOW price and production numbers? MANY will dispute the production numbers and say Ford will build more than enough Boss's for everyone who wants one. Price is speculated but not known?
And HOW can I order one when my dealer has not been told if he'll even be getting one??????
Dealers have been told to not accept deposits or promise customers they'll be able to order a Boss until Ford officially gives them an allocation.

I'm fairly certain I will get one but there are a few unknowns that might make me decide that the car is not worth trading my GT500 in on. In Canada the Boss could push towards 50k, you might have the kind of coin to throw around on something you don't know much about but I sure don't.

I'm not really sure why you're so against having more info put out by Ford?
If it's just a case of not liking what I'm posting than don't read it, it's pretty simple.
I don't feel it was misguided. What I should have stated was "I" know the info. And I'm not so against Ford releasing more info, but when the time is right. Constantly complaining about it will not make it come sooner.
Old 10/15/10, 06:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
Why is competition orange Boss specific? I was hoping to maybe pick up an Orange GT or GT500
I know. If they offered the 5.0 in CO I would take it in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Overboost
A Lava Red/BBP car would be sexy as hell!
I kinda want to see this color in person.
Old 10/16/10, 08:09 AM
Cobra R Member

I don't feel it was misguided. What I should have stated was "I" know the info. And I'm not so against Ford releasing more info, but when the time is right. Constantly complaining about it will not make it come sooner.

Well since YOU know all the info how about sharing it!?
And since you KNOW all the info you can't possibly understand why some of us might want more info.
Your post reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoon...."I know something I won't tell, I won't tell, I won't tell. I know something I won't tell..."
Old 10/16/10, 08:37 AM
BOSS Member

Well since YOU know all the info how about sharing it!?
And since you KNOW all the info you can't possibly understand why some of us might want more info.
Your post reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoon...."I know something I won't tell, I won't tell, I won't tell. I know something I won't tell..."
I wish I could but it just can't happen. And anyway, isn't the suspense kinda fun?
Old 10/16/10, 08:45 AM
Cobra R Member

I wish I could but it just can't happen. And anyway, isn't the suspense kinda fun?
BASTARD!
Old 10/16/10, 08:55 AM
Banned

Exactly. Some of us can't tell because we can't and some information we have can still change and until a finalized order guide comes out we'd (or at least I'd) rather wait and put out factual information than wrong or premature info.
Old 10/16/10, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

BASTARD!
Old 10/17/10, 04:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
This month's Mustang Monthly has a nice spread on the Boss with specs.

Looks like the graphics are similar to the originals, not the horrible combs on the Laguna Seca.

Quick Reply: Okay FORD, it's been TWO MONTHS!!! INFO PLEASE!!!