Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Okay FORD, it's been TWO MONTHS!!! INFO PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/10, 09:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay FORD, it's been TWO MONTHS!!! INFO PLEASE!!!

Come on Ford! It's time to put out some more info. It's been 2 months and you've sat on your hands to whole time. I'm sure you're confident that you've got enough putz's lined up to buy up your full production but you could at least provide us with timely info.
Old 10/14/10, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whammer
Come on Ford! It's time to put out some more info. It's been 2 months and you've sat on your hands to whole time. I'm sure you're confident that you've got enough putz's lined up to buy up your full production but you could at least provide us with timely info.
Whammer take a step back from the keyboard, nice and easy. Just relax.

I agree though we should be seeing the 2012 order guides soon, seeing as how the order banks open up in Nov.

If they don't have GB for '12 then I might be able to push up my order date and get me an '11.
Old 10/14/10, 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Oh I'm relaxed
I'm just hoping Ford is reading some of these boards and takes the not so subtle hint that some people who are interested in buying the Boss would like some info about the car.
I don't think it's asking too much since we've been pretty much kept in the dark for 2 months now.
Old 10/14/10, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good your relaxed. I hear ya though. The sooner they get the '12 order guides out then I will know what and when I am getting my car.
Old 10/14/10, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think 6 exclamation points and yelling in CAPS doesn't exactly give off a "I am relaxed" vibe.
Old 10/14/10, 09:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SynisterGT
If they don't have GB for '12 then I might be able to push up my order date and get me an '11.
Grabber Blue is still available on the 2012's (but not on Boss 302's). The 2012 Mustang Order Banks are visible to us dealers, but orders can't be priced up yet.

I put an order in yesterday for a Boss 302 and the system took it, but it's not available for processing yet since the order banks don't "officially" open for a few more weeks.
Old 10/14/10, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thank You Brian. Can't wait. Any new colors?
Old 10/15/10, 05:46 AM
BOSS Member

And even when they do release more info, you will still come here and cry for more. "Where's all the performance numbers?, where's the magazine reviews, why is the car not at my dealer so I can try to drive one?"
Old 10/15/10, 05:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
I think 6 exclamation points and yelling in CAPS doesn't exactly give off a "I am relaxed" vibe.

It's called trying to stir up some interest in this forum which is basically dead. And why is it dead? Ford's poor job of getting out info.
Old 10/15/10, 05:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
And even when they do release more info, you will still come here and cry for more. "Where's all the performance numbers?, where's the magazine reviews, why is the car not at my dealer so I can try to drive one?"
And you don't want any of this info????

I don't expect a Boss to be at my dealers to test drive. I don't expect ANYONE will get to test drive the car. This is going to be basically a case of ordering a car without having a test drive. People that want one of these cars will need to order it when the order banks open next month. With the limited number being built it will be a case of- if you want it then order it, if you wait someone else will order it and you'll be S.O.L.

I'm #1 on my dealer's list for this car but there are 3 others also on that list. The dealer expects to get 1 Boss. If I don't order it in Nov. then one of the others on that list will be.
The vast majority of members on this forum will not being buying a Boss, so they don't care when the info comes out or the quality of that info. But for those of us prepared to buy I think Ford OWES it to us provide us with accurate information.
Old 10/15/10, 08:02 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SynisterGT
Thank You Brian. Can't wait. Any new colors?
The only new color for 2012 Mustangs is Lava Red, but that's not a Boss or Shelby color. That makes 3 reds! Race Red, Red Candy, and Lava Red! And, to go with Lava Red, there is an interior option that is charcoal leather with plum inserts. Again, not on Boss or Shelby models.

Oh yeah, and Competition Orange makes a comeback, but only on the Boss 302's.
Old 10/15/10, 08:40 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

.... I think Ford OWES.....
There you go thinking, it doesn't matter. When FOMOCO wants you to know they'll let you know.
Old 10/15/10, 09:46 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear Prozac works wonders....

Auto Show season is coming up in full swing. LA is soon, followed by Detroit and Chicago. I think we'll know most of it by then.
Old 10/15/10, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Like I said- most of you aren't buying one anyway, so when the info is released is of no concern to you. Some of us are looking to buy it on day 1 and I think most of those buyers would like the info sooner rather than later.
Old 10/15/10, 10:10 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I said- most of you aren't buying one anyway, so when the info is released is of no concern to you. Some of us are looking to buy it on day 1 and I think most of those buyers would like the info sooner rather than later.
Then on Nov. 8 when the order banks open, go put your order in. If you don't like what you find out after, then cancel your order and get a GT instead.

Not trying to be a dick, just putting things in perspective. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure.
Old 10/15/10, 10:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Then on Nov. 8 when the order banks open, go put your order in. If you don't like what you find out after, then cancel your order and get a GT instead.

Not trying to be a dick, just putting things in perspective. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure.

I doubt I would opt for the GT, I'd just keep my GT500.
Old 10/15/10, 12:45 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
The only new color for 2012 Mustangs is Lava Red, but that's not a Boss or Shelby color. That makes 3 reds! Race Red, Red Candy, and Lava Red! And, to go with Lava Red, there is an interior option that is charcoal leather with plum inserts. Again, not on Boss or Shelby models.

Oh yeah, and Competition Orange makes a comeback, but only on the Boss 302's.
Lava Red?! As in the 2010 Harley F-150's?

Old 10/15/10, 01:17 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me thinks Patrick will like this. Especially the plum inserts. I kinda wish they had GB inserts as an option (didn't care for the stripe too much)
Old 10/15/10, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
It's called trying to stir up some interest in this forum which is basically dead. And why is it dead? Ford's poor job of getting out info.
There's plenty of interest here!

When I look at the other forums, it appears they are active because people already are driving their cars, reporting on problems and modifications, showing off photos, or are asking about them in preparation to buy.

Potential Boss owners will be joining the ranks in time soon, I think.
Old 10/15/10, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The main information I would like is on production numbers and pricing. Beyond that, I've seen enough to convince me that the benefits I would get from this car will be fun.

Quick Reply: Okay FORD, it's been TWO MONTHS!!! INFO PLEASE!!!