Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

OEM Boss Wheels needed

Old 6/15/11, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Boss Wheels needed

Is anyone planning on switching out their wheels to LS or Ford racing wheels?

I have found that I am in a bind.

I need to get two spare sets of of the OEM 19x9 front and 19x9.5 rear wheels for my DOT slicks to race SCCA stock class. The issue is that ALL the aftermarket wheels are 19x9 front and 19x10 rear, which are not legal for stock class. I even asked SCCA if I could go the GT route and use 18x9's all the way around and got rejected.

Checked with my dealer and Ford Wants $462 each for replacements at dealer cost. Ford Boss 302S racing rims are like $279 each at the Tire Rack.

Soooo, if any any one is swapping out wheels I would be willing to buy up to two sets of the OEM take offs (without tires) for $800 per set plus shipping or $900 a set shipped to 46544 zip.

Please send me a private message with questions or to make arrangements.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 6/15/11, 10:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Do you have a Boss or LS on order? What is the ETA on your car? I ordered SVT PP wheels yesterday and my Boss should be here in 2-4 weeks. I was planning on using the stock wheels for the track. Are you going to race SCCA Solo? I was just reading up on the local SCCA chapter and there is a local event on July 16th and 17th. I've never done an autocross so I'll probably go check it out.
Old 6/15/11, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave, I can't help you sorry. The reason I'm posting however is I recognize the zip code as its from my home town (I now live elsewhere). As a total random shot, you don't happen to live on Dragoon Rd do you?

Also, may I ask what dealer your procured your Boss through?

Last edited by askjeffro; 6/15/11 at 11:32 AM.
Old 6/15/11, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

TSW Nurburgrings come in 19x9 and 19x9.5. Just throwing that out there as an option.
Old 6/15/11, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Do you have a Boss or LS on order? What is the ETA on your car? I ordered SVT PP wheels yesterday and my Boss should be here in 2-4 weeks. I was planning on using the stock wheels for the track. Are you going to race SCCA Solo? I was just reading up on the local SCCA chapter and there is a local event on July 16th and 17th. I've never done an autocross so I'll probably go check it out.
I have a Race Red Boss on order ETA was May 31, now on Quality Hold with no idea on delivery. - Yes SCCA Solo A-Stock class you need the stock size wheels. was having a problem finding 19x9 and 19x9.5 set. most matched sets are 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 or 19x9 and 19x10. I see by a later post that TSW might have something.
Old 6/15/11, 01:16 PM

I've looked into the TSW's but decided against them. Forgestar also makes 9 and 9.5 wheels and although a bit more expensive I like them better than the TWS's. I read on my local SCCA Solo specs that the Boss 302 is in BS. Does that vary by region?

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14.php

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 6/15/11 at 01:17 PM.
Old 6/15/11, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Dave, I can't help you sorry. The reason I'm posting however is I recognize the zip code as its from my home town (I now live elsewhere). As a total random shot, you don't happen to live on Dragoon Rd do you?

Also, may I ask what dealer your procured your Boss through?

Yes I do - Dragoon Trail near Beech road, got it from Harold Zeigler, Elkhart. Used to be Pete Fall Ford I think
Old 6/15/11, 02:50 PM

I just received a another set of Ford OEM LS [ red ] wheels . Wow ! Ford is certainly proud of them ! I decided to save the Pirelli DOT tires for the track and put a set of Continental extreme contact patch tires [ same size as original LS ] on the new wheels for the street . I didn't really look at the new wheels before having the tires mounted . Immediately , the tire inflation sensors began sending dasboard low tire inflation messages with the new wheels / tires . Once I thought about it I realized the new wheels didn't have inflation sensors and holder bands installed . The delaer tells me there is no way to turn off the tire inflation sensors , Has anyone else experienced this " nuisance" when switching wheels . Any ideas on how to " turn the infaktion sensors off " ??

As a further comment , my new LS is awesome !! I have raced American Iron SN-95 mustangs with all kinds of modifications to make them go and handle . The Boss 302 LS is "sweet" right from the factory . Wish I could afford another one to turn into a dedicated race car .

MAD MAN
Old 6/15/11, 08:27 PM
GT Member

I read on my local SCCA Solo specs that the Boss 302 is in BS. Does that vary by region
SCCA originally posted the Boss as B-stock but as of the June edition of Fastrack news its posted in A-stock now, per the Tech bulletins section.Also note the LS version is on the stock exclusion list.http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...-june-solo.pdf
Old 6/15/11, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by davegush
SCCA originally posted the Boss as B-stock but as of the June edition of Fastrack news its posted in A-stock now, per the Tech bulletins section.Also note the LS version is on the stock exclusion list.http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...-june-solo.pdf
Thanks. This is all new to me but won't it be difficult for the Boss to compete in the AS class?
Old 6/15/11, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes I do - Dragoon Trail near Beech road, got it from Harold Zeigler, Elkhart. Used to be Pete Fall Ford I think
Hi again Dave, believe it or not I believe we've met many years ago.
It was SCCA Solo, I believe you were driving a Focus ZX3 (or ZX5) at the time, with a MBRP exhaust. I had (and still own) a silver ZX3. The reason I knew you were on Dragoon was that you are live on the south side of Dragoon, just south of my parents neighborhood. To top it off, I was visiting my parents over Memorial Day (I live in Colorado now) and I saw your mailbox and wondered if you were still racing. Looks like I have my answer.

Small internet.
Old 6/15/11, 08:56 PM
GT Member

Thanks. This is all new to me but won't it be difficult for the Boss to compete in the AS class?
That was my first thought, but doing some research into the national event results, I am seeing that A-stock is somewhat undersubscribed, and the vettes are running slower than the b-stock solstice gxp's and S-2000s. SCCA took the majority of A-stock cars and dumped them into the B-stock class last year, SCCA is now trying to rebuild A-stock. Since the Boss is somewhat of an unknown in Solo, A-stock is a safe place to put it for now. I am hoping to get mine, and make it race ready by July 2-3 national event in (Ohio) which is the closest one to my area. Sam Strano should be there. Sam is a multi time national champion in Mustangs classed in F-stock. He is also on the advisory board to the SCCA solo events board. I am hoping to arrange for Sam to take a run in the Boss so that SCCA can find the correct class for the Boss quickly. I am thinking it should be F-stock but have been unsuccessfull of convincing the SCCA of that. F-stock is currently dominated by the 07-08 Shelby GT, with the '11 GT having some limited success.
Old 6/15/11, 09:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Hi again Dave, believe it or not I believe we've met many years ago.
It was SCCA Solo, I believe you were driving a Focus ZX3 (or ZX5) at the time, with a MBRP exhaust. I had (and still own) a silver ZX3. The reason I knew you were on Dragoon was that you are live on the south side of Dragoon, just south of my parents neighborhood. To top it off, I was visiting my parents over Memorial Day (I live in Colorado now) and I saw your mailbox and wondered if you were still racing. Looks like I have my answer.

Small internet.
Yep that would be me. The Blue ZX3 is still my daily commuter car. For autocross I am currently running a 93 Firebird Formula until the Boss comes in.
Old 6/15/11, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yep that would be me. The Blue ZX3 is still my daily commuter car. For autocross I am currently running a 93 Firebird Formula until the Boss comes in.
Well, I got my ZX3 from HZ and always had great experiences with them with only 1 exception. I hope your experience goes well through them.
Old 6/16/11, 09:11 AM
GT Member

" with the '11 GT having some limited success."
Ummm, "limited"? Sam won his last (10') Solo2 and Pro Solo Championship in the 11' GT 5.0L. As most know, the Boss will get killed in A-Stock, but I also agree that F-Stock is the place for the Boss. The difference between the GT and Boss is that the Boss has a 1mm thicker rear bar, advertised 32 more hp w/ less torque, adjustable shocks, and a higher rpm limiter. Problem is you will run out of gear with the 3:73's compared to the optional 3:31 and 3:55 of the GT so the extra rpms don't necessarily help (Sam runs a 3:31). Also, shock damping is open including adding external reservoirs. Just need to maintain the factory shock dimensions. I wish you good luck, but please don't consider getting more sets of those heavy **** factory wheels.

btw, I'll see you in Toledo, but in ESP. Come play in ESP instead There are only 2 signed up in AS anyway. 9 in ESP= More Fun! Sam is in ESP this year with his 11'.

Dave

Last edited by iDrive; 6/16/11 at 09:16 AM.
Old 6/16/11, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
Ummm, "limited"? Sam won his last (10') Solo2 and Pro Solo Championship in the 11' GT 5.0L. As most know, the Boss will get killed in A-Stock, but I also agree that F-Stock is the place for the Boss. The difference between the GT and Boss is that the Boss has a 1mm thicker rear bar, advertised 32 more hp w/ less torque, adjustable shocks, and a higher rpm limiter. Problem is you will run out of gear with the 3:73's compared to the optional 3:31 and 3:55 of the GT so the extra rpms don't necessarily help (Sam runs a 3:31). Also, shock damping is open including adding external reservoirs. Just need to maintain the factory shock dimensions. I wish you good luck, but please don't consider getting more sets of those heavy **** factory wheels.

btw, I'll see you in Toledo, but in ESP. Come play in ESP instead There are only 2 signed up in AS anyway. 9 in ESP= More Fun! Sam is in ESP this year with his 11'.

Dave
I didn't mean to exclude Sam's success with the '11 GT but so far no one else seems to have had much success. I am hoping the extra available revs can overcome the gearing issue.
I agree - ESP may be the place for me, but I am not nearly prepped enough for it. (Car and Driver) I may just find some of those cheap TSW's for this year while I plan for ESP next. I see Sam has a nice packaged set of ESP wheels for sale on his site. The way things are going with all the holds on Boss deliveries, seems I won't have a car for Toledo anyway.
Old 6/16/11, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

You can get the LS OEM rims through Ford Racing Parts for $239 each on RETAIL!!! EXACT rims as stock except black instead of red!