2012-2013 BOSS 302

O-M-G

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/11, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O-M-G

Oh My GOSH

Just picked my KB BOSS and drove it home. All I have to say is WOW.

I lived in a Middle Eastern desert for the last several months dreaming about this car. I was worried that it wouldn't meet my expectations given how I, in my mind, built up finally driving it.

It surpassed, by far, any and all expectations I had.

A few things of note:

- From what I've been reading here, I was expecting a lot rougher ride, shifting etc. The car drove smooth-as-silk. Like a sled. Much smoother than the BMW (Z4) I had.

- Photos don't do this car justice. It was nighttime when I walked up on it in an outside breezeway with lights glistening off the KB. I was taken aback. It was looking at me as if to say, "it's about time." The stance is nothing even similar to a GT. KB is a great night color.

- The one disappointment I have is knowing that as long as this car is driven on the street, it will exist in a constant state of SUPPRESSION.

The underlying power of the car is ever present when you're driving it. Getting on I-75 and immediately hitting the standard 79 MPH (the speed limit is 70) is merely an afterthought. It begs to go far beyond what is allowed by law.

I can already see that keeping it legal is going to be a perpetual challenge.

Last edited by servitium; 12/9/11 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12/9/11, 07:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats on finally getting your Boss! Enjoy! I should have one myself very soon.
Old 12/9/11, 07:15 PM
V6 Member

Congrats Servitium! Welcome home, too. I've had mine for 3 months and I still dream about driving her when I am at work, etc...
Old 12/9/11, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats & enjoy!
Old 12/9/11, 07:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Get your 1,000 miles on it and then get it to the track, you'll be impressed again. BTW it looks good in early morning shade as well. Congratulations but where's the photos?
Old 12/9/11, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

Congratulations!
I agree with you completely, the car is buttery smooth, remarkably capable, and boarders on a level of sophistication way above even what rave reviews say about it are out there.
Still giggle like a little kid every time I blast through the gears....

Originally Posted by servitium
Oh My GOSH

Just picked my KB BOSS and drove it home. All I have to say is WOW.

I lived in a Middle Eastern desert for the last several months dreaming about this car. I was worried that it wouldn't meet my expectations given how I, in my mind, built up finally driving it.

It surpassed, by far, any and all expectations I had.

A few things of note:

- From what I've been reading here, I was expecting a lot rougher ride, shifting etc. The car drove smooth-as-silk. Like a sled. Much smoother than the BMW (Z4) I had.

- Photos don't do this car justice. It was nighttime when I walked up on it in an outside breezeway with lights glistening off the KB. I was taken aback. It was looking at me as if to say, "it's about time." The stance is nothing even similar to a GT. KB is a great night color.

- The one disappointment I have is knowing that as long as this car is driven on the street, it will exist in a constant state of SUPPRESSION.

The underlying power of the car is ever present when you're driving it. Getting on I-75 and immediately hitting the standard 79 MPH (the speed limit is 70) is merely an afterthought. It begs to go far beyond what is allowed by law.

I can already see that keeping it legal is going to be a perpetual challenge.
Old 12/9/11, 10:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats on getting the fastest color. This car is a blast. Iweas looking at mine last night in the garage and after 6 months still cannot get over how bada$$ it looks sitting still.
Old 12/9/11, 10:48 PM
V6 Member

Congrats! Post up some pics and vids with your KB. I'll have to live vicariously through you. Shut down in my winter wonderland of CO
Old 12/10/11, 05:02 AM

Congrats as well!

My KB was originally ETA 11/28, then 12/6, and after tracking it slowly moving across the country it should arrive at the dealership on Tuesday.

I look forward to sharing your same impressions!
Old 12/10/11, 05:46 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Servitium: Congrats on you New Addition to your Family & (garage). Remember, when driving your new BOSS 302 think with your head and not your right foot>>>>At least for the first 1000 miles. Good Luck to you and your new Ride!
Old 12/10/11, 05:52 AM
GT Member

There are some nice tracks in Fla. Sebring, Miami . . . .
Old 12/10/11, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Motor220122
Congrats! Post up some pics and vids with your KB. I'll have to live vicariously through you. Shut down in my winter wonderland of CO
I'm with you on that one here in Chicago. Is it spring yet?!?!
Old 12/10/11, 08:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Nccstud
I'm with you on that one here in Chicago. Is it spring yet?!?!
Did you move?