2012-2013 BOSS 302

New Boss just built

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/11, 10:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Boss just built

I'll soon be replacing my 2008 SGT with a new 2012 Boss 302. The Boss was built last week and is now awaiting shipment. It'll be competition orange with black stripes, with the recaro seats and torsen diff. I really prefer the unique look of the 2012 Boss vs. the 2013 model, plus I got a super sweet deal on the 2012. I'm so lucky to have a wife that undertands my obsession with Mustangs. She's okay with the purchase even though it means she'll have to wait on getting our kitchen remodeled.

I can't wait to be driving one of these..

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 12/12/11 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12/12/11, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cant wait to see pics!
Old 12/12/11, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

I have the exact car, color and options. I'm on week 3 of ownership. It's incredible! You won't be dissapointed.
Old 12/12/11, 10:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by striker GT
I have the exact car, color and options. I'm on week 3 of ownership. It's incredible! You won't be dissapointed.
Thanks, I'm so looking forward to it! Not that it matters, but my Boss number will probably be about the same as yours only +1000.

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 12/13/11 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12/12/11, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Congrats, it is a great color and great car. Strange thing is this color, although no metallic, looks way different depending on the lighting...red, to bright orange, to light orange. It is brighter than my Kubota sitting next to it in the garage!

No way that I would have predicted the number one selling color by far
would be orange and black. I thought I was going to be unique when I decided this time a year ago that I wanted an orange Boss. I strongly considered the orange and white but thought the two tone looked better than the tri-tone.
Old 12/12/11, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by kyfigfam
Congrats, it is a great color and great car. Strange thing is this color, although no metallic, looks way different depending on the lighting...red, to bright orange, to light orange. It is brighter than my Kubota sitting next to it in the garage!

would be orange and black. I thought I was going to be unique when I decided this time a year ago that I wanted an orange Boss. I strongly considered the orange and white but thought the two tone looked better than the tri-tone.
Thanks! That's interesting about the color looking different in different settings, much like grabber blue, which is the color of my wife's 2011 mustang. That's what I noticed about the many photos I've seen with CO. Also, I 100% agree with your opinion about the CO and White vs. the CO and Black.
Old 12/12/11, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

I have the same car and your gonna LOVE it. I can't believe that I didn't want to trade in my 07, because this car is SO worth it.

Warning though, it WILL get you in trouble. haha
Old 12/12/11, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I can feel your excitement and rightly so! I'm a BMW fanboi and this car has converted more than just me....
Old 12/12/11, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats and nice color choice. I missed looking at mine so much while parked in the garage that I went out and bought the picture to hang in my office which is a must have.
Old 12/12/11, 08:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by badasbullitt
Congrats and nice color choice. I missed looking at mine so much while parked in the garage that I went out and bought the picture to hang in my office which is a must have.
Very nice!
Old 12/12/11, 08:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool another FL Boss I doubt we can pass TX but a few more and we can beat CA as the second biggest Boss state. You plan on tracking at all? Hope to pass you out there some day (Oh, come on everyone knows the Yellow is fastest )
Old 12/12/11, 09:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations Steve. Great color combo and options.
Gonna put the Accessory Pedestal Rear Spoiler on it like you convinced me to do?
Old 12/12/11, 10:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by chief_charlie
Gonna put the Accessory Pedestal Rear Spoiler on it like you convinced me to do?
Did you get yours installed? We need photos.
Old 12/13/11, 04:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
You plan on tracking at all? Hope to pass you out there some day (Oh, come on everyone knows the Yellow is fastest )
Scott, No plans to for tracking other than the occaisional dragstrip, where your YB will be lucky to catch me, LOL. I'll definitely see ya around.

Thanks Charlie! Yes, a gloss black pedestal spoiler.

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 12/13/11 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12/13/11, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

You are going to love that car Steve, congrats!
Old 12/13/11, 08:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
You are going to love that car Steve, congrats!
Thanks Gus! I'm sure you'll get to see it in person soon. Meanwhile, I'll be sending you a PM soon about a part I want.
Old 12/13/11, 09:23 AM
Rom
V6 Member

+1 I was surprised as well when I too chose orange thinking it will be different lol

I was 100% against orange white, but NOW I really like seeing photos of that combo

enjoy it, great car, have had mine since April!
Old 12/13/11, 09:42 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The white striped cars look much better when you get rid of the black wheels and rear spoiler. I swapped out my wheels within 24 hours of taking possession of my car and the spoiler didn't last two weeks.

I've seen all of the US color combos in person and I really like the red/white combo a lot. Just lose the black wheels and spoiler.
Old 12/13/11, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Been There, Done That. Looks Great

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Did you get yours installed? We need photos.
Within the first 3 weeks of ownership ! Here are a couple of Pics. Thanks to Steve and Gary for their "guidance."
Attached Thumbnails New Boss just built-pedestal-rear-wing-1.jpg   New Boss just built-pedestal-rear-wing-2.jpg  
Old 12/13/11, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Within the first 3 weeks of ownership ! Here are a couple of Pics. Thanks to Steve and Gary for their "guidance."
WOW, that spoiler looks great, Charlie! Have you posted other photos of your Boss, like maybe a full side view? If my memory serves me right, the paint code for gloss black on the later model stangs is "UA", right?

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 12/13/11 at 02:43 PM. Reason: changed paint code to UA - memory stinks

Quick Reply: New Boss just built