2012-2013 BOSS 302

Markups

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/11 | 12:37 PM
GT Member

Markups

While passing through Charleston, WV, I stoped by a ford dealership on US 60. They had a CO non Recaro optioned Boss. 10k over MSRP. It's crazy
Old 6/21/11 | 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm cancelling my 3rd Q car in TX at MSRP. If anyone's interested, chime in. It's Race Red w/ Recaro's and Torsen and cover/mats. Color should be able to be changed since I don't think it's been built yet.

I found one 1000 miles closer to home, under MSRP, and much sooner!
Old 6/21/11 | 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
I'm cancelling my 3rd Q car in TX at MSRP. If anyone's interested, chime in. It's Race Red w/ Recaro's and Torsen and cover/mats. Color should be able to be changed since I don't think it's been built yet.

I found one 1000 miles closer to home, under MSRP, and much sooner!
congrats, is 3rd quarter or built?
Old 6/21/11 | 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Drove it home last Sat!!! # 733.
Old 6/21/11 | 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I think it will soon be easy to find Boss's under MSRP. Just wait until 2013 for some good bargains!
Old 6/21/11 | 07:44 PM
GT Member

I kind of disagree. Where can you find BOSS's under MSRP?? And how much under MSRP for these BOSS'es? I have checked every dealer here in Florida, and any BOSS that was pre-ordered was sold already, (and they only got one or two), and every one which wasnt sold was marked up between 3-5k over MSRP above sticker. This is for regular BOSS'es only, not the Lagunas.

I paid MSRP, and I felt lucky to have gotten my BOSS for that. Most of the dealers are easily selling them over MSRP, so why would they want to lose money, selling them under that??

Originally Posted by goesfast
I think it will soon be easy to find Boss's under MSRP. Just wait until 2013 for some good bargains!
Old 6/21/11 | 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ipodintampa
I kind of disagree. Where can you find BOSS's under MSRP?? And how much under MSRP for these BOSS'es? I have checked every dealer here in Florida, and any BOSS that was pre-ordered was sold already, (and they only got one or two), and every one which wasnt sold was marked up between 3-5k over MSRP above sticker. This is for regular BOSS'es only, not the Lagunas.

I paid MSRP, and I felt lucky to have gotten my BOSS for that. Most of the dealers are easily selling them over MSRP, so why would they want to lose money, selling them under that??
Agreed that dealers want as much as they can get. Prudent buyers get the deals. I paid MSRP, less the $750 back from Ford.
Old 6/21/11 | 11:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Mike, my dealer just sold thier last one at MSRP today (Ft Pierce), I have been telling people about them for many months and no one on any forum took it or the other one at MSRP. There are many MSRP Bosses out there. Someone else posted they picked up a Boss at MSRP in S. FL today or yesterday also. If you are going by dealers like Sarasota Ford it may appear that all are greedy jerks but that really is not the norm.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 6/21/11 at 11:17 PM.
Old 6/22/11 | 05:10 AM

How did you get the $750 back from Ford? Ford Hqs said that "rebate" was up to the dealer and the dealer said Ford stated the $750 did not apply to SVT and Boss mustangs. Help, I don't think it's too late for me to press my case. Thanks, Scott
Old 6/22/11 | 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I too believe ADM's are starting to fall. I know of several dealers with or allocations for later street Boss units they would sell at MSRP.

And I have heard of ADM's being rolled off completely at some California (yes really California!) dealerships on LS vehicles.
Old 6/22/11 | 10:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by scott001313
How did you get the $750 back from Ford? Ford Hqs said that "rebate" was up to the dealer and the dealer said Ford stated the $750 did not apply to SVT and Boss mustangs. Help, I don't think it's too late for me to press my case. Thanks, Scott
I just got a new post card form Ford with the $750 cash back offer, and it does state that the Boss 302 is not included. That really sucks! The last one I had expired June 5th and did not specifically exclude the Boss. This new offer expires July 5th, but I can't use it. I wish my car was delivered soon enough to use it, but it didn't happen, and now I get to pay the price increase as well. (Which also Sucks!)

Mike
Old 6/22/11 | 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boss2X
I just got a new post card form Ford with the $750 cash back offer, and it does state that the Boss 302 is not included. That really sucks! The last one I had expired June 5th and did not specifically exclude the Boss. This new offer expires July 5th, but I can't use it. I wish my car was delivered soon enough to use it, but it didn't happen, and now I get to pay the price increase as well. (Which also Sucks!)

Mike
Mike, check with your dealer. If your Boss was on order during the rebate period, they may be able to help you execute the refund.
Old 6/22/11 | 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Florida is probably not the best spot for a great deal right now, as its a very populated state, but being patient usually pays off. This will change later in the year and especially going into 2012. Let the feeders feed, then waltz in and make a reasonable deal. But you got your Boss at MSRP which is good, especially for Florida. I would be pleased with that myself, but I'll wait to see what future deals appear going forward. I'll let the dust settle first..............
Old 6/22/11 | 02:53 PM

I think we should engage the Ford customer service rep on this forum - I will and quote that some members did receive the $750 discount.
Old 6/22/11 | 07:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by scott001313
I think we should engage the Ford customer service rep on this forum - I will and quote that some members did receive the $750 discount.
Scott, that will not make a difference. It is up to Ford to give a discount and take it away as they please. It is not like they are raising the prices after you signed a contract. I was in the time frame when the discounts were there but I did not have the right one.
Old 6/22/11 | 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Locke62
While passing through Charleston, WV, I stoped by a ford dealership on US 60. They had a CO non Recaro optioned Boss. 10k over MSRP. It's crazy

I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Every dealer here has the Boss at $10,000 over sticker. Funny thing is most have around 200 plus kilometers on them. Our base price is around $49,000 with a dollar at or above par for some time now... I have not seen them advertised for any less and there are many of them for sale. I thought we would only have a few here or there but, I have seen over 30 for sale.

By the way, the price is $59,000+ with no mention of markups...
Old 6/23/11 | 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Considering there have been numerous people posting on this forum alone that they got it for under MSRP, we either have a bunch of liars or in fact Boss's can be had for under MSRP. Pick your reality.

P.S.- A dealer does not "lose money" by selling under MSRP unless the discount is substantial. They lose profit. But some dealers are working to build relationships, get the financing under them and maintain you as a service customer. That is a lot more valuable to them in the long run if they run a smart business.
Old 6/23/11 | 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
P.S.- A dealer does not "lose money" by selling under MSRP unless the discount is substantial. They lose profit. But some dealers are working to build relationships, get the financing under them and maintain you as a service customer. That is a lot more valuable to them in the long run if they run a smart business.
Absolutely 100% correct! I have such a dealer, wish there were more of them..
Old 6/23/11 | 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

In the past two weeks here in California, 4 of us friends have all gotten Laguna Secas. None of these deals were in place 5 weeks ago. In other words, these have all been deals on cars newly coming into stock and having no customer attached to them. Unfortunately, the economy is tanking a little - at the same time it seems that the production/delivery woes are being solved.

1. Friend 1: While at dealership about to sign for Silver LS at $2K over, receives call from dealership 4 hours South of him who sold him Silver LS at MSRP.

2. Me: 2 days before car is to arrive at agreed price of $4k over, another dealer calls with LS being off-loaded from truck. I tell him $3K tops or I wait the 2 days. Dealer agrees and I buy Black/Red LS at $3K over. Note: Dealer has new 2008 KR on showroom floor reminding them that greed will sometimes bite you in the ***.

3. Friend 2: Buys the Black/Red I had arranged to buy at $4K over.

4. Friend 3: Buys the Silver/Red that Friend 1 passed over at $2K over.

Last edited by nota4re; 6/24/11 at 07:01 PM.
Old 6/23/11 | 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Very good reliable data.
Confirms my belief supply and demand is swinging in favor of the buyer.
ADM's are retreating.

Quick Reply: Markups