Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

LS gauge pod

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/12, 09:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS gauge pod

Anyone bought the LS gauge pod and put aftermarket gauges in it?

I like the LS gauges but too expensive for me to buy from Ford Racing. Just curious if anyone got the same gauges and info through an aftermarket set and which ones?
Old 5/1/12, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
In my little opion, by the gauge pod and Ford racing gauges if you want to keep everything all Ford. (oil pressure/oil temp/water temp or what ever your needs are) in full sweep or half sweep. Its half the price of the L$ gauge cluster. And a hell of alot less stress to wire the gauges with the same look.
Old 5/1/12, 04:44 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use the search function, and you will find several LS gauge pod threads. Here's a freebie to start you off:

https://themustangsource.com/f813/ga...nstall-502323/
Old 5/2/12, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Instead of spending too much money on the ford racing gauges, go to speedhut.com, and order gauges that you can customize (including adding the Ford Racing logo). I have a set on the way that are configured thusly:

Black face
Black bezel
Blue lighting (that appears to match the factory instrument cluster)
"Ford Racing" logo

If you have the premium white instrument faces, you would probably want to consider getting the white background. On the other hand, a few gauges with white faces sitting in the middle of the dash would be way too distracting.

BTW, my three gauges are full sweep electric, and the total cost was $324 including shipping. I think the actual Auto Meter Ford Racing gauges cost over $400 even if you get the half-sweep gauges, AND the illumination won't match your OEM instrument cluster.

As far as the pod is concerned, I ordered a SpeedOfSound Concept2 pod. I'll have to modify it to make it look right, but I'm okay with that.