Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Its drives me crazy that ford employees dont know their product

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/14, 11:14 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its drives me crazy that ford employees dont know their product

Took 1296 in for its first oil change yesterday. ($100?!) I was only at 1300 miles but had the car for 15 months or so. Trust me, I want to drive more, but, baby. I reminded them that it was 5w50. The service guy then asked 3 diff techs, why?, out of curiosity I guess. Not surprising, since I had the whole "aftermarket shift ball" issue before.

Another customer asked why the change to capless gas tanks, nobody even cared about his question. They said I don't know and he further stated that he had asked multiple people that day and no one knew why. How hard is it to say, "I'll find you an answer". The lady behind the desk actually told him to google it. Wtf.
Old 1/21/14, 12:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks
Took 1296 in for its first oil change yesterday. ($100?!) I was only at 1300 miles but had the car for 15 months or so. Trust me, I want to drive more, but, baby. I reminded them that it was 5w50. The service guy then asked 3 diff techs, why?, out of curiosity I guess. Not surprising, since I had the whole "aftermarket shift ball" issue before.

Another customer asked why the change to capless gas tanks, nobody even cared about his question. They said I don't know and he further stated that he had asked multiple people that day and no one knew why. How hard is it to say, "I'll find you an answer". The lady behind the desk actually told him to google it. Wtf.

Don't feel badly. My dealer argued with me for ten minutes before putting the wrong oil in there. I had to show him and then also pointed out to the "tech" that the oil type is listed right there on the oil fill cap.
Old 1/21/14, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

Lol it's like this everywhere, I went in to have my rear pinion seal replaced as it was already leaking at 8k miles.......tech comes into the waiting area and tells me the seal was bad and that they were fixing it, then asks if I changed my oil cap????

My first "free" oil change was similar where I had to remind them it took 5w-50 rather than 30 and after draining the oil they realized they had no 5w-50.......

Last edited by steven46746; 1/21/14 at 02:26 PM.
Old 1/21/14, 02:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

This is why I do all possible work myself, at least I can only be mad at myself for dicking up.
Old 1/21/14, 02:54 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 1st change they put in 8 qts. instead of 8.5.
Fortunately I checked it before leaving and had it corrected.
2nd chg was OK.
Old 1/21/14, 03:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
It's not just Ford. It's everyone.
Old 1/21/14, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
It's not just Ford. It's everyone.
Agreed!!! The level of incompetence in this country has gone off the charts in the past decade. I am not just talking car related.
Old 1/21/14, 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
These folks are technically employed by the dealership, not Ford Motor Company itself. That said, it is somewhat disheartening when basic details about maintenance items are not known. However, if someone can access the information, even if they don't have it committed to memory, then that's passable to me.

Lastly, regarding why Ford went with the capless system, I am not too surprised that the service writer might not know. That is a product detail of which a salesperson would likely be aware. It would have been thoughtful for the person to look it up for the customer.

I generally go back to ASK (attitude-skills-knowledge). If the attitude is "I don't care", that's a bummer.
Old 1/22/14, 09:37 AM

Even the dealership owner do not know its specialty mustang

Bought a Boss 302 last March. So the owner said "So, you're the one who bought the "Bosch" with "Ricardo" seats. Ricardo is a French cook that has a tv show.

I replied, "No, I bought the Boss with Recaro seats.

Plus after paying PDI, the day I pick up the car (which they had for one month in the show room), I had to wait one hour cause the radio did not work (burnt fuse) and also they could not find the lock key for wheelnut, which I told them when I bought the car one month before (winter time). Service blamed salesman, salesman blamed service.

Yup!, keep selling your F150. Needless to say, I go somewhere else for repairs.
Old 1/22/14, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They are all just messing with you guys to see what your reactions are.
Old 1/22/14, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

And this is why my hands are the only hands on my car.
Old 1/22/14, 03:58 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Well these are not Ford employees. These are dealership employees. Usually there are one or two people in each department that know anything. The quick lube lane is usually full of dummies that can't make it as techs or real service advisors. Most of the service techs won't give you a straight answer because they really just don't want to be bothered with you people. They work on commission and you are just wasting their time. Like the service girl said in one of these posts, just google it. If you spend lots of money on extra maintenance and not just warranty work, they will treat you better. That's just how it works people. Just because you spent lots of money on your car from the sales dept, doesn't mean much to the service people. You have to form a relationship with your service dept and buying those extra maintenance items they try and sell you helps.
Old 1/22/14, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Keep in mind, we've got one car, and by nature of it's limited production run, we know a lot about our Boss.
But Sales, Service, etc, need to know something about all vehicles. As long as they know the answer, or are willing to look it up, I'm satisfied.

On the other side of the coin, I'm a parts man at a power sports business. I'm amazed how many people call or stop in for parts/service who don't know what year or model ATV, snowmobile, etc they own. How can I help them when they don't know what they own????? Amazes me every day.

Overall, business these days is all about profit first. If we had great customer service first, business success should follow.
Old 1/23/14, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SD GT
Keep in mind, we've got one car, and by nature of it's limited production run, we know a lot about our Boss.
But Sales, Service, etc, need to know something about all vehicles. As long as they know the answer, or are willing to look it up, I'm satisfied.

On the other side of the coin, I'm a parts man at a power sports business. I'm amazed how many people call or stop in for parts/service who don't know what year or model ATV, snowmobile, etc they own. How can I help them when they don't know what they own????? Amazes me every day.

Overall, business these days is all about profit first. If we had great customer service first, business success should follow.
nail on the head!
Old 1/23/14, 09:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ninjacrooks
Took 1296 in for its first oil change yesterday. ($100?!) I was only at 1300 miles but had the car for 15 months or so. Trust me, I want to drive more, but, baby. I reminded them that it was 5w50. The service guy then asked 3 diff techs, why?, out of curiosity I guess. Not surprising, since I had the whole "aftermarket shift ball" issue before...
Originally Posted by Twins
Don't feel badly. My dealer argued with me for ten minutes before putting the wrong oil in there. I had to show him and then also pointed out to the "tech" that the oil type is listed right there on the oil fill cap.
Originally Posted by steven46746
Lol it's like this everywhere, I went in to have my rear pinion seal replaced as it was already leaking at 8k miles.......tech comes into the waiting area and tells me the seal was bad and that they were fixing it, then asks if I changed my oil cap????

My first "free" oil change was similar where I had to remind them it took 5w-50 rather than 30 and after draining the oil they realized they had no 5w-50.......
Originally Posted by fking1
My 1st change they put in 8 qts. instead of 8.5.
Fortunately I checked it before leaving and had it corrected.
2nd chg was OK.
Hi guys,

I’m more than happy to document these experiences with these dealerships for you guys. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and a description of the incident.

Originally Posted by canadian_mca
Bought a Boss 302 last March. So the owner said "So, you're the one who bought the "Bosch" with "Ricardo" seats. Ricardo is a French cook that has a tv show.

I replied, "No, I bought the Boss with Recaro seats.

Plus after paying PDI, the day I pick up the car (which they had for one month in the show room), I had to wait one hour cause the radio did not work (burnt fuse) and also they could not find the lock key for wheelnut, which I told them when I bought the car one month before (winter time). Service blamed salesman, salesman blamed service.
canadian_mca, our awesome FordServiceCA Rep on here can also get this documented for you if you PM them the same info I requested.

Deysha
Old 1/23/14, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Once again, Deysha, you ROCK
Old 1/23/14, 03:04 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by davesvt2000
Once again, Deysha, you ROCK
Thank you tons, davesvt2000!

Deysha
Old 1/23/14, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do everything myself. I have trust issues with people working on something that I spend my hard earned money on. I have been twisting wrenches all my life and actually enjoy it. I have built cars and then sold them soon after because thats half the fun. I will only take the Boss to the dealer as a last resort. But thats just me.
Old 1/23/14, 09:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just another example of how uneducated the dealerships are about the vehicles they sell. Last week I had called the Ford dealership where I purchased my stang and was connected to the service department. I had inquired about the size needed for the wheel socket to change the tires. Now keep in mind I am speaking to the service department who work on the cars. I tell them my mustang is a 2011 and the guy tells me they use a 19 mm socket to remove the lug nuts and thats what I need to buy.

Needless to say , its a 21 mm socket needed but how could the service department who works on these cars not know this. Its scary too think these people work on our cars for maintenance and major repairs.
Old 1/26/14, 12:53 PM
GT Member

I just bought a Tesla. They refuse to sell through dealerships and sell directly instead. Compared to a dealership, buying from Tesla is like night and day. No sending offers to the "sales manager" that you're not allowed to see. No hour with the "finance guy" trying to sell you scotch guarded seats and extended warranties. The Tesla people I dealt with knew their cars inside and out. Every question I had they knew the answer. It was also obvious they had a real interest and enthusiasm for the cars.

I think that will be the model going forward. I'm sure GM, Ford, Honda, etc will soon sell direct also.

Quick Reply: Its drives me crazy that ford employees dont know their product