Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/11, 12:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance?

I Just call Allstate to let them know I have the car on order and get a quote and insurance is more on the Boss then my 05 Corvette was. She told me replacment value on a 2012 Boss is 60K

Do any of you use haggerty or collector car insurance?
Old 6/22/11, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I got a quote from Hagerty and it was very cost effective. They ended up turning me down because I told them the car would spend some nights outdoors. They said any newer car they insure needed to be indoors during storage. That doesn't make much sense to me, parts are still available for newer cars, harder to come by for older cars.
Old 6/22/11, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Brawlin' Boss
I got a quote from Hagerty and it was very cost effective. They ended up turning me down because I told them the car would spend some nights outdoors. They said any newer car they insure needed to be indoors during storage. That doesn't make much sense to me, parts are still available for newer cars, harder to come by for older cars.
it's a higher risk for them.

i wonder if the insurance companies are looking at ADMs on these cars and accounting for them when looking at replacement value, which although expensive to insure, is great for the customer. That way if something does happen to your car, god forbid, you dont have to hunt forever to find one without an ADM.
Old 6/22/11, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In addition to drive by accidents, theft would be a concern with outside parking as far as they are concerned. Especially since they are insuring awesomeness.
Old 6/22/11, 02:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a lot of good info here in this section

https://themustangsource.com/f813/in...ight=insurance

I and others talk about collector car insurance. Don't mean this to sound bad but a quick search can help out.
Old 6/22/11, 03:08 PM

I'd call another insurance company. My insurance company told me that the car insures at the same rate any other V8 Mustang does.
Old 6/22/11, 03:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Travelers quoted me only $30 more per year to insure the BOSS vs. my 2006 GT. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 6/22/11, 03:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I'd call another insurance company. My insurance company told me that the car insures at the same rate any other V8 Mustang does.
In that case you need to be going over some figures with them. If it insures at the same rate as any other v8 Mustang, then if something happens to it (God forbid) then they're going to be trying to pay off what any other v8 Mustang costs.
Old 6/22/11, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
In that case you need to be going over some figures with them. If it insures at the same rate as any other v8 Mustang, then if something happens to it (God forbid) then they're going to be trying to pay off what any other v8 Mustang costs.
The bill of sale should straighten all of that out. Also, most insurance companies ask what the selling price was of the car.

Haggerty will allow you to insure your car at an "agreed value" thus you don't have to worry about depreciation.
Old 6/22/11, 03:40 PM
V6 Member

When my LS gets here I have it insured with Haggerty (I have 3 other cars with them) and it was less than $1000.00 per year for insurance. I have an enclosed trailer so when we go somewhere it has a place to stay at night as I do with all my cars as I do not trust people and keep them in a trailer for peace of mind.
Bob
Old 6/22/11, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats what i was told and my bill reflects that as well
Old 6/22/11, 05:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Also, most insurance companies ask what the selling price was of the car.
This. I had to let my company know the car's value.
Old 6/22/11, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Allstate agent

I told my agent the car is 43k and she said well our sytem say 60k. I told he that sounds like the Boss LS or GT 500 and she still argued with me
Old 6/22/11, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

im with all state too, my insurance went up $60 monthly with the boss and i have a perfect driving record. when i asked them why they said there was a significant premium increase and everyones rates would go up at renewal.
Old 6/22/11, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'm perfectly happy with what we have worked out. My BOSS is the one that (God didn't forbid) got hail damage on Easter Sunday. My insurance company set up a catastrophe center due to the widespread damage, and the adjuster gave me an estimate of $5800, and was sure to note that their systems didn't have any 2012 info loaded, but they agreed to cover any additional charges/fees that might crop up with BOSS specific items, like decals, paint, etc...
All that for $20/mo more than what I was paying to insure my '07 F-150.
Old 6/25/11, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Same here. I use Hartford Insurance and the only increase I saw was on collision due to 2008 vs. 2012.
Old 6/25/11, 12:12 PM
V6 Member

I have another sports car insured through Hagerty for agreed value. Careful, because there are some restrictions with use such as... no running errands, driving to work etc...
Old 7/2/11, 01:42 PM
V6 Member

I had allstate, and the quote they gave me was outrageous ($771 a half). I called state farm, and they quoted me 1/2 ($385 a half) of what allstate said. Needless to say, I am with State Farm now. No clue what Allstate considered it, but State Farm shows on my ID card as Mustang GT coupe. I'm 30 w/ a clean record in OH.
Old 7/2/11, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrasteve
I had allstate, and the quote they gave me was outrageous ($771 a half). I called state farm, and they quoted me 1/2 ($385 a half) of what allstate said. Needless to say, I am with State Farm now. No clue what Allstate considered it, but State Farm shows on my ID card as Mustang GT coupe. I'm 30 w/ a clean record in OH.
Be very careful. They might pull the old bait and switch move. My insurance company quoted me a 6 month policy for 483.00 and when it was time to renew the policy the price had jumped to 870.00 for 6 months. When I called for an explanation, they told me that my car was SO new that there wasn't a correct value in the national database, so 6 months later the correct number was in and BOOM!!! doubled policy.
Old 7/2/11, 02:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Be very careful. They might pull the old bait and switch move. My insurance company quoted me a 6 month policy for 483.00 and when it was time to renew the policy the price had jumped to 870.00 for 6 months. When I called for an explanation, they told me that my car was SO new that there wasn't a correct value in the national database, so 6 months later the correct number was in and BOOM!!! doubled policy.
Guess we'll see in 6 months! I hope they don't pull that stuff

Quick Reply: Insurance?