Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Hawk Performance customer service review

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/11, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk Performance customer service review

Hawk Performance racing brake pads are well known. They can be found in winning race cars all around this country from the weekend warrior doing it as a hobby, to the big dogs. This write up is about the amazing customer services these guys deliver. We have more than enough options these days with different brake pad manufacturers and all the different compounds they offer. Here is why I will continue to use Hawk.

I originally purchased a front and rear pad setup through one of Hawk's distributors. I first called Hawk to see what they recommended for my application. I took this information and talked to the distributor whom I purchased from and they agreed with the setup. The front pads didn't last 1.5 track days, and ended up damaging a rotor. I called Hawk first to discuss the issue. They concluded that the pads must have been defective in some way. Now there is no way to prove that they were or weren't but they did have me check the manufacture date on the box. The pads were 3 years old that I was sold... Hawk has programs in place that no pads purchased should be more than a few months old. My next move was to call the distributor as in my eyes they sold me a defective product. I didn't ask a thing from Hawk. Before I could get off the phone Hawk sent me a new set of front track pads and a new set of front street pads......no charge.

As some of you may know I have been having issues with my rear abs under very hard braking. After getting some feedback I decided to call Hawk to discuss my pad setup and the issue I was having just for a place to start. This was also the most logical and easiest place to start. End state of that conversation is they are now sending me a new rear set of track pads.....no charge.

I didn't once ask Hawk for a thing. I even went as far as telling them on the second conversation that I wasn't blaming them nor was I asking for anything. They stepped up to the plate to back their products and to show their belief in them. Now I am not writing this to say go get free stuff from Hawk as I don't believe in that. What I am saying is that these guys will back their product 100%. I wish every company I purchased from was like these guys.

For you true track guys who depend on your brakes working and want to buy from and support a company that will not only deliver a quality product but will stand by it 100% and right any issue you may have give these guys a call. Call Justin and tell him Adam with the Boss 302 Laguna Seca sent you! These guys have my business.

Last edited by adam81; 9/5/11 at 10:50 PM.
Old 9/6/11, 07:38 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the review. It's good to hear of great customer service.
Hope you figure out your ABS situation. Sounds like Hawk wants to narrow down the issue as well.
Old 9/6/11, 08:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good review Adam. I've been using Hawk track pads exclusively the last 4 years. While I was happy with the PFC pads on the MMP cars, I didn't find them to be any better than the DTCs, and if anything had a little less bite. I guess I'm in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp on pads. The Hawk's have been excellent for me.
Old 9/6/11, 08:29 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Good review Adam. I've been using Hawk track pads exclusively the last 4 years. While I was happy with the PFC pads on the MMP cars, I didn't find them to be any better than the DTCs, and if anything had a little less bite. I guess I'm in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp on pads. The Hawk's have been excellent for me.
So you think the PFC pads on the MMP cars are more similar to the DTC 60's?

Adam thanks for the feedback. I've been planning on using Hawk pads and this crystalizes my decision.
Old 9/6/11, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
So you think the PFC pads on the MMP cars are more similar to the DTC 60's?

Adam thanks for the feedback. I've been planning on using Hawk pads and this crystalizes my decision.
I would only be guessing since I've never run 60s on the front....only 70s...but theoretically you could be correct.