Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

fewer new 2012 Boss 302s each day

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/12, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fewer new 2012 Boss 302s each day

Today according to cars.com there are only 392 new 2012 Boss 302s left. This number has been dropping at least a handful a day. Listed is a fully loaded RR/blk in AL for just $39,991, and a Black LS in CO for as much as $89,995. I'm sure the ones listed for MSRP or less won't last.
Old 2/9/12, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought you were going to report another wreck. Glad you didn't.
Old 2/9/12, 03:51 PM

There are 22 listed on ebay. Some with no reserves starting at MSRP.

I contacted about 50 dealers from Cars.com ads and most didn't have the cars.
Old 2/9/12, 04:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What sucks is that I won't be ready to buy for another 2 or 3 years. It's going to be incredibly hard to find a 2012 or 2013 Boss, especially LS at this rate. I'll have better luck finding a GT500 with track pack! This kind of saddens me.
Old 2/9/12, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
What sucks is that I won't be ready to buy for another 2 or 3 years. It's going to be incredibly hard to find a 2012 or 2013 Boss, especially LS at this rate. I'll have better luck finding a GT500 with track pack! This kind of saddens me.
Do a search for a 2003 - 2004 Mach 1. The old hotness..............

There are super low milage cars out there.

In two three years there will be the new hotness Mustang out there and you will be able to find your '12-13 Boss.

Last edited by GT_350; 2/9/12 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2/9/12, 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In two to three years, the people who move onto the next "thing" will be unloading their low mileage garage queen just in time for you to pick it up and with the Internet, cars are only a phone call and delivery service away.

It's the 10+ year point where they start to become questionable as many will have heavy mileage, been wrecked, modified, and tracked heavily. Ever shop for something like a Cobra R, E30 M3, or 993 C2S? The number of "clean" examples are rare and most are priced in the stratosphere.

Best of luck with your eventual purchase.
Old 2/9/12, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT_350

In two three years there will be the new hotness Mustang out there and you will be able to find your '12-13 Boss.

Did the mach 1 really have as much hype as the boss?

In either case, I never keep my cars for more than 3 years....I'm lucky to keep it 2 However, things do change and people do mature and stop wasting there money on frivolous material items...only time will tell for me

And yes those cars.com cars at ridiculous prices are just a ploy for you to come in, I know, I called of them when I was shopping for my boss
Old 2/9/12, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Krnnerdboy
Did the mach 1 really have as much hype as the boss?
It was hotly anticipated because of that wonderful shaker. It was also hotly anticipated because some later confirmed incorrect information got out about a run of 6500 only.
Old 2/9/12, 08:40 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So the 2012 MY isn't going to last forever? Sorry just seemed logical that there would be less available since the 13s are coming out.
Old 2/9/12, 09:35 PM
GT Member

Test

Last edited by four-walling; 2/11/12 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Test
Old 2/9/12, 09:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
@MrBonus &

yeah I think you guys might be right. I just figured most Boss owners would want to hang on but by that time, like you said, the new hotness will be out. And a good deal of owners will be moving on.
When I came back from Iraq I wanted a 2004 SVT Cobra but couldn't justify the cost at the time but it was my short lived dream. Now that I care more about vehicle dynamics and more I feel the Boss is the best suited. Anyway no more rambles from me, continue on topic.
Old 2/9/12, 11:06 PM

The next gen Mustang GT will probably be faster then the current Boss. Fact of life.
Old 2/9/12, 11:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bluesun
The next gen Mustang GT will probably be faster then the current Boss. Fact of life.
Probably. But if you're always waiting for the "next big thing", you're never going to stop waiting.
Old 2/10/12, 05:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
So the 2012 MY isn't going to last forever? Sorry just seemed logical that there would be less available since the 13s are coming out.
Sorry, but it's at least of interest to most that read in the 2012-2013 BOSS 302 section how many 2012 Boss remain, just not you.
Old 2/10/12, 05:47 AM
GT Member

Get your 12'-13' boss who knows how reliable or upgrade able the new body style will be if they put and IRS in it. It will take a couple years for them to work out the kinks besides it will add a lot of weight to the car.
Old 2/10/12, 08:37 AM

@MrBonus &

yeah I think you guys might be right. I just figured most Boss owners would want to hang on but by that time, like you said, the new hotness will be out. And a good deal of owners will be moving on.
When I came back from Iraq I wanted a 2004 SVT Cobra but couldn't justify the cost at the time but it was my short lived dream. Now that I care more about vehicle dynamics and more I feel the Boss is the best suited. Anyway no more rambles from me, continue on topic.
You are probably correct that used 2012 Boss 302s will be available as the newer, faster cars find their way into the showrooms in the coming years. I think that is just the way it seems to work. On the other hand, used Bosses may not be as available as you think. The Boss 302 is a very special breed that some of us have been waiting for since they first came out in '69 or '70. For us, it simply does not matter if one car is faster than another, or if it has more technology, etc., because we were going to get Boss 302s regardless. It was always about the badge! And the fact that this badge has lived up to all the hype, I believe the Boss 302 legend has captured a whole new generation of fans along the way who are beginning to feel the same way as us old-timers. For those of us caught up in the Boss history (new kids or old-timers, regardless of age), I suspect that our cars will not be for sale in the near future, even with a premium. But there are certainly more than a few new Boss owners who had never even heard of the car before they saw it on the dealership floor and were/are only interested in the fastest cars available today (heck, many of the dealers who had them didn't have any idea about the Boss name... just another car to them), and face it, Ford has not advertised the car, so many still don't know about it. Just yesterday, I had a Mustang owner ask where I got my stripes because he wanted to stripe his like mine. When I told him that they actually came with the car, he didn't believe me - never knew there was an actual Boss 302, and simply thought that it was a stripe kit you put on your 5.0L Mustang. Really? Of course, back in '69 and '70, most thought that a Boss 302 was any Mustang that came with a 5.0L and a 4-bbl carb (no, Ford didn't advertise the car back then either: the Mach 1 got all the attention). I suspect those new Boss owners will be selling their cars as soon as the next best thing arrives, and I think that many of those cars could be available at a reasonable price (at least, in the very near future). In 10 years, however, I think they will be very difficult to find, and command premium prices, not because they are still the fastest car on the road, but because they are Boss 302s.

As for the next best thing, I can remember growing up in the 70s when we thought we would wait until the next best thing, and it looked promising that the next best thing was on its way. Well, almost 30 years later, the next best thing finally arrived! Although I suspect you are right that the next-gen Ponies will be even better than now, I also suspect that the horsepower wars won't last forever, so don't wait too long.

Last edited by CEO_five_0; 2/10/12 at 08:41 AM.
Old 2/10/12, 08:38 AM
V6 Member

I wouldn't count on it - at least not in '15 - but anything is possible. The phrase I keep hearing from people who would know however is "high water mark".
Old 2/10/12, 11:09 AM

Any of my vehicles have always been "for sale". Bring me the right number of C-notes and I'll sell it. That's how I sold the last car.
Old 2/12/12, 07:08 AM
GT Member

In ten or fifteen years you may not be able to give them away....

....It is 2025 the federal government now mandated manufactures must meet 100 mpg and has outlawed fossil fuel cars... All that is available is electric, or hopefully CNG & LNG so we can convert our BOSS to natural gas for a ride to the car show. All way being left in the dust at the lights from some punk,.. who today is in first grade,... with his stock electric Mustang Mach V that without a sound goes from 0-60 in 2.7.
So enjoy now.. and don`t be left in the dust!!!

BOSS #228
Old 2/12/12, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mackds
[/COLOR]

In ten or fifteen years you may not be able to give them away....

....It is 2025 the federal government now mandated manufactures must meet 100 mpg and has outlawed fossil fuel cars... All that is available is electric, or hopefully CNG & LNG so we can convert our BOSS to natural gas for a ride to the car show. All way being left in the dust at the lights from some punk,.. who today is in first grade,... with his stock electric Mustang Mach V that without a sound goes from 0-60 in 2.7.
So enjoy now.. and don`t be left in the dust!!!

BOSS #228
idk about that, the 56mpg number we have now is doable with a few hybrids and evs in the automakers fleet with not much in the way of change to gas vehicles. this is why you see evs and hybrids coming from ford even though they don't sell well. those cars let them keep the V8. and ford still hasn't played with other tech for economy on the stang either. eventually we will get direct injection, start/stop, and cyl deactivation. using that stuff the fuel economy will be rated much higher than it is now.

plus, we will see smaller ecoboost engines in base stangs eventually and that engine is very economical. ford just unvield the 3-cylinder ecoboost in the UK for the fiesta, that **** thing has more power and torque than the 4-banger my wife had in her 88 LX back in the day. so smaller, lighter revamped mustang, small ecoboost engine, suddenly the people that just want mustang style have a stang that is actually an economy car so we can have the V8. i think we would all go for that, tiny ecoboost in the base stang, ecoboost V8 in a new cobra for the enthusiasts. normal V8 in cars like the boss.

and not to start a political debate, but this fuel economy seems to be what Obama wants to leave behind as his "legacy", if he gets out of office we could see this all go away or at least greatly reduced. not all in Washington think we need to leave fossil fuels behind over a 15 year period.

Quick Reply: fewer new 2012 Boss 302s each day