Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Faux Gas Cap BOSS Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/11, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Faux Gas Cap BOSS Emblem

I would like to have a Faux cap with one of the following emblems, anyone know who could make one?

BOSS

BOSS

B
3O2
S
S
Old 7/7/11, 09:34 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I have a link at home for a guy that makes custom emblems for Mustangs and other cars. I can't think of it right now. I also know of a place that will make a custom decal but I think you want, and so do I, a CNC's piece of aluminum with painted inserts. If we can get a few people together on this we can get a lower price.

I'm also going to take the base piece of plastic and paint it the same color as the black vinyl piece on the trunk lid or cover it in the same color vinyl. I have some spray paint that I think is going to match it very close. It's the same color I use for painting vintage JBL speaker baffles.
Old 7/7/11, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I have a link at home for a guy that makes custom emblems for Mustangs and other cars. I can't think of it right now. I also know of a place that will make a custom decal but I think you want, and so do I, a CNC's piece of aluminum with painted inserts. If we can get a few people together on this we can get a lower price.

I'm also going to take the base piece of plastic and paint it the same color as the black vinyl piece on the trunk lid or cover it in the same color vinyl. I have some spray paint that I think is going to match it very close. It's the same color I use for painting vintage JBL speaker baffles.
I have kicked around the idea of painting the chrome ring/base the same color as my car (White) to offset it from the black, the same way as the chrome does, I don't like the chrome with all the black trim.
Old 7/7/11, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by LQQK
I have kicked around the idea of painting the chrome ring/base the same color as my car (White) to offset it from the black, the same way as the chrome does, I don't like the chrome with all the black trim.
I believe there are three pieces. Silver plastic base, chrome ring, and decal in the middle. My idea is to replace the chrome ring and decal with a CNC'd one piece with Boss 302 in the middle.
Old 7/7/11, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

I believe there are three pieces. Silver plastic base, chrome ring, and decal in the middle. My idea is to replace the chrome ring and decal with a CNC'd one piece with Boss 302 in the middle.
Yep, three pieces, silver plastic base, chrome ring, The emblem Tri-Bar is either Plastic or metal (I think plastic) in the middle.

Boy I hope you or someone can do this for us and look factory produced.

On my three choices up above, I think

B
3O2
S
S
resembles the Tri-Bar in appearance.

Which do you or anyone else like? I like:
BOSS
Old 7/7/11, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

In for CNC's fuel door! Possibly something like the Challenger's, although I agree it should read Boss.
Old 7/7/11, 12:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by atrain1975
In for CNC's fuel door! Possibly something like the Challenger's, although I agree it should read Boss.
What I'm talking about is the fake/Faux Cap between the taillights, although something for the fuel door would be nice as well.
Old 7/7/11, 06:18 PM

Here you go. Since you're now retired go ahead and take the lead on this. He may already have the dimensions from making other 2010+ faux gas badges.

http://www.billetbadges.com/products_custom/
Old 7/7/11, 06:30 PM

I am in

rob
Old 7/7/11, 06:30 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I am interested. I like the Boss 302 in the cross pattern. (are we voting?)
Old 7/7/11, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

Here you go. Since you're now retired go ahead and take the lead on this. He may already have the dimensions from making other 2010+ faux gas badges.

Had to post that one time-->

I sent an email to them, I'll let you know what they say.
Old 7/7/11, 06:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
I am interested. I like the Boss 302 in the cross pattern. (are we voting?)
Well if we get others showing a desire for one I'll post a poll.
Old 7/7/11, 06:50 PM

I like the cross pattern but in the end I'd rather just have:

Boss

I think if he makes several you'll have the opportunity to customize them with different colors.
Old 7/7/11, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Until about two years ago I worked for 4 years in a 2 man prototype shop. If you don't get an impressive prototype from someone you know, I know an outstanding machinist/engineer. My old boss can make anything. And he's got the new CNC mills and 3D post processing software to make it come together. He once scanned in an image (the master chief from Halo) and let his mill go at it for over 10 hours on a about a 3"x3" image using a tiny carbide cutter. It turned out pretty good. A good machinist these days can machine 3D features easily. The back might need something to fit the contour of the car, I'd have to look.

I think a BOSS 302 logo like the intake with black crinkle coated finned aluminum would be pretty nice on the faux.

Not a fan at all of calling attention to a necessary evil like the gas door!
Old 7/8/11, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm in for one also. BOSS 302 works for me.

I was actually looking into a blackout panel like the Saleen one with BOSS 302 instead obviously. I dont want to do a solid black panel. I cant find anyone who can make it though.
Old 7/8/11, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I hit him up awhile ago for a Ford Racing badge, he won't do trademarks anymore.

The BOSS 302 idea might meet some resistance.
Old 7/8/11, 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
You can count me in. BOSS 302 is easier to read than.

B
3O2
S
S

Keep us posted!

Last edited by boss man; 7/8/11 at 05:15 PM.
Old 7/11/11, 07:13 AM
Cobra Member

OK, I wrote & they replied twice, Don't know what price would be for multiples.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for your inquiry for the Mustang, exceptionally high quality custom CNC machined billet aluminum tail badge. We can do the previous generation faux gas cap (2005-2010?). What year is yours? We haven't done a new one yet, and the design fees are probably around $500. This is one of our most difficult-to-produce and expensive badges. Even the rear is machined with a compound curve to mount correctly. A badge similar to this http://billetbadges.com/photoview/27...ustang_gas_cap, http://billetbadges.com/photoview/26...n_Mustang_tail , with or without a keyhole, would run around $550 to $600. Steve does exceptional work as the quality is extremely high. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks again for your interest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For our other badges, we typically have discounts for 16+ badges. Since this is so expensive, we might discount at a smaller quantity. How many might you be interested in?
Old 7/11/11, 09:47 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Pretty expensive at $500. But I am still interested.
Old 1/21/12, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's been 6 months since the last post on this subject here and I'd like to see if anyone has any updates or pictures if they have changed the faux gas cap emblem.

Here's my problem. I have my 2012 Boss 302 and had a different rear deck panel put on but the body shop left the GT emblem on the center cap. I can have him replace it with the original Boss 302 faux cap with the tri-bar and pony emblem but then I lose the original part that came with the car. The cap is three pieces and the current deck panel will only accomidate the two inner pieces. He would have to cut away the two inner parts from the outer and figure out a way to attach it to the deck lid. I have already changed a few parts from the original Boss but have kept all of the replaced parts so that the car can be return to the original factory condition. I can buy another OEM faux cap on Ebay and retain the original but now that I've read this, I'm curious as to what else may have been done and what else may be out there.

Quick Reply: Faux Gas Cap BOSS Emblem