Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Eagle Canyon Raceway Track Day Vids

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/11, 02:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagle Canyon Raceway Track Day Vids

Ok so here are the videos i mentioned a long time ago. these are the third and fourth sessions later in the day and it was HOT. You can hear mid way through the second vid in the 3rd session that i was starting to have some issues hitting the 3-4 shift. i am taking the car in today to have it checked out, i think the rear diff has an issue too. i had the seats down Saturday with a big package in the trunk and the whine was crazy and gets louder with speed. anyway, this is my first time ever on a road course and I am hooked, i hope to go back next month. the car is box stock with only the side pipe restrictors out.

Last edited by ShaneM; 6/20/11 at 02:27 PM.
Old 6/20/11, 03:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can't wait to get mine in-house and out on the track...
Old 6/20/11, 10:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Nice videos. What camera and mount did you use?
Old 6/20/11, 10:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Ok so here are the videos i mentioned a long time ago. these are the third and fourth sessions later in the day and it was HOT. You can hear mid way through the second vid in the 3rd session that i was starting to have some issues hitting the 3-4 shift. i am taking the car in today to have it checked out, i think the rear diff has an issue too. i had the seats down Saturday with a big package in the trunk and the whine was crazy and gets louder with speed. anyway, this is my first time ever on a road course and I am hooked, i hope to go back next month. the car is box stock with only the side pipe restrictors out.

Shane, thanks amigo for a free instructor day at the track! You did great.
Old 6/21/11, 02:28 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Nice videos. What camera and mount did you use?
it's a go pro suction cup mount on the windshield.
Old 6/21/11, 04:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

These were great, just got done watching them. Thanks for posting.

Can't remember for sure, but I think it's video #3, there is no audio for the last minute or so. I'm not complaining, I'm just letting you know in case it was something your editing or filming caused so it doesn't cause bigger problems in the future.
Old 6/21/11, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Berol
These were great, just got done watching them. Thanks for posting.

Can't remember for sure, but I think it's video #3, there is no audio for the last minute or so. I'm not complaining, I'm just letting you know in case it was something your editing or filming caused so it doesn't cause bigger problems in the future.
i noticed that, i think its something with the editing software for uploading to youtube that i use.
Old 6/21/11, 08:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...power, power, power... Love it!
Old 6/22/11, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

yeah the guy was a really good instructor. i made sure he was cool if i ask for him every time. a buddy went with me to the event in the black 5.0 forced to wave me by repeatedly (he hated that too) and his instructor was silent most of the time. you should have heard this guy in my second session that drives a modded 370z.

i tried to record that session with harrys laptimer BTW and it died bc the vid was so long and i lost it all. Anyway, the dude had some high-end coil over suspension you could adjust electronically from the cockpit and massive brakes all around. not sure what else he had. i was on his bumper for half a lap before is instructor finally told him to wave me by. he came up to me after the session and said "well you finally passed me" i just smiled and said yeah, but i was thinking dude ive been three feet from your bumper half the track waiting for the wave by at half throttle lol

my instructor kept saying "stay on his bumper, he'll move, closer, closer, watch the track not him, closer" lol
Old 6/22/11, 01:46 PM
GT Member

Aweseome videos Shane!

Thanks for posting!

Hope you get the gear noise sorted out.