Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

De-striped White '12

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/12, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Destriped White Boss is on Ebay BTW. Has the QTP Exhaust controller installed. Anyone else here have this that can attest to its quality? Thinking about this mod for my incoming Boss!

Old 5/31/12, 04:33 AM
V6 Member

Max
Will your Boss be in in time for the Shelby Club's Show & Go this Sunday at Ford World HQ in Dearborn?
Brian
Old 5/31/12, 04:33 AM
V6 Member

Max
Will your Boss be in in time for the Shelby Club's Show & Go this Sunday at Ford World HQ in Dearborn?
Brian
Old 5/31/12, 05:47 AM
Cobra Member

Love the electric cutout! Putting it on the list!
Old 5/31/12, 04:53 PM
V6 Member

First two points...It's YOUR car. You can, and should, do what ever you please with it. No argument there! Second, you posted here for comment so I hope you are open to contrary views as well.

To me this is just WRONG. IMHO!

I have a Shelby and we've had similar conversations around the Shelby forums where owners remove things to enter "stealth" mode too. To me, if you're not visibly proud to own a Boss, if you aren't going to display it as it was meant to be, I question why did you buy the car and not a GT to mod yourself for less $$$ with more options.

The car has a history,a heritage, one that's just as important as the engine and suspension mods. That identity is unique to the model and an important part of the whole. Removing references to it being a Boss 302 renders it no different than a GT/CS with some Boss and suspension parts added. In fact at a car show this past week I saw three 2012 GT's with Boss parts. What you now look to have what could be seen as a "Boss wanna be" with some paintwork on the roof and hood to look like a Boss. It just seems strange to spend the money for a Boss only to remove it's identity.

Not saying you would do this...but someone that wants to run around in "stealth" mode is someone, I think, is sort of looking for a fight. I love the fact that, like the cold war, other cars don't mess with me because they know the car's reputation and I'm happy to let them drive on. Someone running in stealth mode however is usually itching to an opportunity to pounce and prove their car's abilities to the surprise of the other driver. I think that tendency is unsafe and unfortunate.

AGAIN...not saying that's YOU. But these are my impressions and MY opinion....your mileage may vary!

Last edited by JeffIsHereToo; 5/31/12 at 04:54 PM.
Old 5/31/12, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by batman48195
Max
Brian
No, unfortunately, I am shipping it up from Florida, where I am buying it, and it won't be here until "fingers crossed" the 9th. And that is if it really is what was represented in the Ebay sale. Not that I have any doubts.

Originally Posted by JeffIsHereToo
First two points...It's YOUR car. You can, and should, do what ever you please with it. No argument there! Second, you posted here for comment so I hope you are open to contrary views as well.

To me this is just WRONG. IMHO!

I have a Shelby and we've had similar conversations around the Shelby forums where owners remove things to enter "stealth" mode too. To me, if you're not visibly proud to own a Boss, if you aren't going to display it as it was meant to be, I question why did you buy the car and not a GT to mod yourself for less $$$ with more options.

The car has a history,a heritage, one that's just as important as the engine and suspension mods. That identity is unique to the model and an important part of the whole. Removing references to it being a Boss 302 renders it no different than a GT/CS with some Boss and suspension parts added. In fact at a car show this past week I saw three 2012 GT's with Boss parts. What you now look to have what could be seen as a "Boss wanna be" with some paintwork on the roof and hood to look like a Boss. It just seems strange to spend the money for a Boss only to remove it's identity.

Not saying you would do this...but someone that wants to run around in "stealth" mode is someone, I think, is sort of looking for a fight. I love the fact that, like the cold war, other cars don't mess with me because they know the car's reputation and I'm happy to let them drive on. Someone running in stealth mode however is usually itching to an opportunity to pounce and prove their car's abilities to the surprise of the other driver. I think that tendency is unsafe and unfortunate.

AGAIN...not saying that's YOU. But these are my impressions and MY opinion....your mileage may vary!
I think you are right on there! Especially about the trouble that can be caused by folks looking to trick other unsuspecting drivers into a little streetlight competition. I hadn't thought of that myself, but I hear it all the time, "I want my car to be a sleeper." But with a Boss? For Invisible Sky Daddy's sake, Why?
Old 5/31/12, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by max5ive8
The Destriped White Boss is on Ebay BTW. Has the QTP Exhaust controller installed. Anyone else here have this that can attest to its quality? Thinking about this mod for my incoming Boss!

2012 Boss 302 with QTP Electric Exhaust Cutouts - Live! - YouTube
This is cool and just what you need for tracks like Laguna where they have a low sound db requirement. Very cool!
Old 8/15/12, 05:32 PM

De-striping is not uncommon

Did the same with my pw Boss. When I had the TracKey programmed, the dealership has one mechanic who specializes in special edition mustangs. The mechanic told me that many of the Bosses he sees have the stripes removed. I also removed the hood decal.

Never cared for decals on cars. However, the '13 stripes look great IMHO compared to '12.
Attached Thumbnails De-striped White '12-boss-302.jpg  
Old 8/15/12, 05:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Roamer
Did the same with my pw Boss. When I had the TracKey programmed, the dealership has one mechanic who specializes in special edition mustangs. The mechanic told me that many of the Bosses he sees have the stripes removed. I also removed the hood decal.

Never cared for decals on cars. However, the '13 stripes look great IMHO compared to '12.
That looks so clean
Old 8/15/12, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

meh
Old 8/16/12, 04:59 PM

With out the Boss 302 decals it is just another Mustang that people will think it is just a de badged GT with Boss stuff on and will think your trying to be a poser.
Put them back on.
Lynn
Old 8/16/12, 07:46 PM
GT Member

Agreed, looks like a debadged GT with some Boss bits. Not nearly as exciting.
Old 8/17/12, 04:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Might as well add a 6 cyclinder grille and wheels too
Old 8/17/12, 08:40 PM

That Boss 302 sticker gets much respect on the street in some form or another. Why take that away?

Last edited by BadBoss1930; 8/17/12 at 08:44 PM.
Old 8/17/12, 10:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mattlqx
Agreed, looks like a debadged GT with some Boss bits. Not nearly as exciting.
I think thats the Point ... people aren't as excited about it till it shows them what it really is. I like the sleeper look.
Old 8/18/12, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Schmidt
I think thats the Point ... people aren't as excited about it till it shows them what it really is. I like the sleeper look.
Then buy a GT for a lot less add some Boss bits to it and do the same thing and achieve the same results and don't disgrace a Boss car by de badgeing it. Just say'in....
Lynn
Old 8/18/12, 07:14 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rick Schmidt
Are you 12?
Old 8/19/12, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Man is there aa rule I missedwhen signing up that says you can't buy the car you want and do it how ya want it? Geeze some people on this site gets all worked up over the stupidest stuff some. Add a badge get ripped take badge off get ripped. And if liking a car that looks simple and quiet and is hiding its true nature makes me 2 then sign me up
Old 8/19/12, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

When you post changes you have made on a public forum you will always get people expressing their thoughts and opinions on what you have done, it's human nature get over it or don't post if you don't like the feedback.
Old 8/19/12, 02:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by orng302
When you post changes you have made on a public forum you will always get people expressing their thoughts and opinions on what you have done, it's human nature get over it or don't post if you don't like the feedback.
Exactly,I thought that's why you posted.

Quick Reply: De-striped White '12