Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Change Silver/Red Color Scheme?

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/11, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Change Silver/Red Color Scheme?

Well, despite that I have a blk/red LS on order, I have the opportunity to get a silver/red MUCH sooner and at a better price. Please, no offense to those that prefer the silver/red over the black/red, but I just can't bring myself to like it.

Before I pass completely on the silver, I am wondering how it would look with black accents. The large decal on the side could be easily removed and replaced with black. The mirrors and rear wing would also be easy enough to have painted black. For the red roof section, a matte black wrap would also be easy. I think I could get all of these mods done for less that $2K which is the amount I'd be saving in purchasing the silver over the black. I already have a set of the black LS wheels.

It would be kinda cool to have a unique LS. Anyone out there with basic photoshop skills that could mock this up? I need to make a decision by about mid-day tomorrow.

Opinions welcome.
Old 5/26/11, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Silver and black would be a really nice combo actually. Along with some black rims?
Im not good with photoshop either but someone should come along pretty quick. Try requestin a ps in the Art section of the forum
Old 5/26/11, 09:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Change the red to black. You can put black vinyl on the roof. Ford sells the wheels with black accents instead of red. Change the side sticker and have the mirrors and spoiler painted.

Silver with black accents is gorgeous. It's the way Ford should have done it instead of tryng to make it look like a peacock. Look at me!
Old 5/26/11, 10:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Silver and black would be a really nice combo actually. Along with some black rims?
Im not good with photoshop either but someone should come along pretty quick. Try requestin a ps in the Art section of the forum
It's already been done. IMO the black looks great on the silver and the red looks perfect on the black. If I had a black/red LS I wouldn't touch a thing on it. I agree on your cost assessment.
Attached Thumbnails Change Silver/Red Color Scheme?-blacksilverlsboss302.jpg  

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 5/26/11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 5/26/11, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a feelin tht was floatin round here somewhere. It just looks perfect!
Old 5/26/11, 10:34 PM

For those that don't like red on black...
Attached Thumbnails Change Silver/Red Color Scheme?-cropedfinal.jpg  
Old 5/26/11, 11:22 PM
Bullitt Member

5 DOT 0.... you the man, thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.
Old 5/27/11, 05:12 AM
GT Member

This Silver/Black combo looks best out of the BOSS colors in my opinion. Was this a real car or photoshopped? Looks real to me... That's the way to go.

I wonder for 2013 if perhaps Ford will have this combo? Are 2013 colors even out yet? I saw something about Grabber colors...

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
It's already been done. IMO the black looks great on the silver and the red looks perfect on the black. If I had a black/red LS I wouldn't touch a thing on it. I agree on your cost assessment.
Old 5/27/11, 07:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

5 DOT 0

If Ford had made the LS in those colors, I'd have purchased an LS instead. Incredible!
Old 5/27/11, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

That is Hot....................

Old 5/27/11, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks again for the pics of the Silver/Black combo. As I said in my first post, I think that anyone could accomplish the body color changes from red to black accents relatively inexpensively.

As for me, the black/red has simply just grown on me. I've come from thinking that it was the lesser of the two color choice evils to actually liking it. As such, I'm going to pass on the LS. A buddy of mine may pull the trigger on it but, if not, I can pass on what I think is a good deal to someone else.

Again, it is a Silver/red LS. Built last week of April, on a rail car and should be at the dealership in a week, maybe 2 at the most. I think MSRP +$3K will get the job done. The car will be coming to California. PM me if you are a super-serious buyer. I don't want to play games with the dealership nor do I want to queer a deal for a genuine buyer by sending some tire kickers to the dealership. Again, first right of refusal is my buddy.... but I know he'll make a decision today one way or the other.
Old 5/27/11, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by nota4re
Thanks again for the pics of the Silver/Black combo. As I said in my first post, I think that anyone could accomplish the body color changes from red to black accents relatively inexpensively.

As for me, the black/red has simply just grown on me. I've come from thinking that it was the lesser of the two color choice evils to actually liking it. As such, I'm going to pass on the LS. A buddy of mine may pull the trigger on it but, if not, I can pass on what I think is a good deal to someone else.

Again, it is a Silver/red LS. Built last week of April, on a rail car and should be at the dealership in a week, maybe 2 at the most. I think MSRP +$3K will get the job done. The car will be coming to California. PM me if you are a super-serious buyer. I don't want to play games with the dealership nor do I want to queer a deal for a genuine buyer by sending some tire kickers to the dealership. Again, first right of refusal is my buddy.... but I know he'll make a decision today one way or the other.
You're welcome but someone else did the PS work on that. Regardless hopefully I earned a ride in one of those GT's.

That's a good deal on a LS. I need back seats for my nine year old PJ wannabees.
Old 5/27/11, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whish they could have done the Kona Blue with black but my dealer tells me I could get the white painted black and the decals chaged to black for about $1500 at a good paint shop he uses for custom mustangt paint jobs. Just don't know If I want to change the paint from the original.
Old 5/27/11, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by TymeSlayer
Whish they could have done the Kona Blue with black but my dealer tells me I could get the white painted black and the decals chaged to black for about $1500 at a good paint shop he uses for custom mustangt paint jobs. Just don't know If I want to change the paint from the original.
I think it's going to cost closer to $2K. The decal set is almost $1300 not including removal and installation. After seeing a KB Mustang with black stripes and a red Boss with white stripes the white stripes are staying. I also think a white rear spoiler completes the look just like on the black stripe and LS cars.
Old 5/27/11, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
For those that don't like red on black...
If anything had a chance to sway me from Race Red it'd be that black and silver. That's the first time I've seen either that or the other one. Nice. At some point we need to figure out what the true defining features of the Boss are because the clones are going to be multiplying faster than they do on Kamino.
Old 5/27/11, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
At some point we need to figure out what the true defining features of the Boss are because the clones are going to be multiplying faster than they do on Kamino.
Easy, it's the motor. Same as most of the desirable Mustangs from the past. Think of the 1969 Mach 1. Nice car and worth a fair amount. But add the $357 Cobra Jet option and the price doubles instantly.
Old 5/27/11, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
If anything had a chance to sway me from Race Red it'd be that black and silver. That's the first time I've seen either that or the other one. Nice.
Here's another one. I'm not sure who did the PS work but they did a great job.
Attached Thumbnails Change Silver/Red Color Scheme?-final4g.jpg  
Old 5/27/11, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

My buddy has locked up the Silver/Red LS as of this afternoon. The car is build and in transit! (Lucky BASTARD!) LOL.

Found our today that my "I promose a thousand times it's a Q1 car" is in reality a July build car. Oh well, what I wanted all along was to have some more precise info.

I guess we'll just have to play with my bud's Silver - maybe converting it from red to black trim components.
Old 5/27/11, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Either one of those two colors would be great if you were a Raiders fan! Being a life long Steelers fan (I know I'm warped, my parents have had 49ers season tix since before I was born) I'd have to have black and gold.
Old 5/27/11, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Wait for 2013 for the Steelers edition.

I love that silver and black version.

Quick Reply: Change Silver/Red Color Scheme?