Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss Made it to VA! With bad news though!

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/11, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Boss Made it to VA! With bad news though!

I received a voice mail from FCS this morning with an update that my Boss was in West Virginia. The rest of the message was garbled so I called back to see if there was any additional info I had missed. The FCS representative told me that the car was passing through West Virginia this morning and was now located in Roanoke, VA. That's four hours / 250 miles form where I live.

Then she told me my delivery date had been pushed back an additional week to April 18th (from the 11th). 3 1/2 weeks to travel a distance that can be driven in an afternoon.

I called the dealership to see what information they had (The folks there have really big hearts, but have not been really all that helpful with providing VVR info - another reason I love TMS!). The dealership actually had the same info as FCS for the first time in this whole experience. The sales manager said that they have some folks that may be able to help now that the car is so close.

I'm really excited to get my hands on the wheel of that car, but I don't understand Ford's (contracted) logistics!
Old 3/23/11, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck Kevin. When my Boss arrived in Winston Salem NC (which is less than 50 miles from where I live) last Thursday (3/17), the delivery date was still showing as 3/23. I called the dealer and politely asked was there anything they could do about that. On Friday, I got a call from the dealer - Boss was here!! Hopefully you will have the same good luck!
Old 3/23/11, 07:22 PM
GT Member

Kevin, where do u live?

Ron
Old 3/23/11, 11:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I tracked my train car and it finally made it to a place called Winston, FL on the 21st at 7am. Looked that up on Google Earth and sure enough it looks like a place to unload cars (See Attached). So yesterday I thought would get the car since it is close to me, but no. Was sure today since the site does not look like it has a lot of parking and a lot of car carriers, but no. Called CSX again today and the train left for "Palm Center", well never heard of that town, if someone knows of it let me know since only shopping centers show in a search, lol. I think they are just screwing with me now
Attached Thumbnails Boss Made it to VA! With bad news though!-winston.jpg  

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/23/11 at 11:16 PM.
Old 3/23/11, 11:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
I tracked my train car and it finally made it to a place called Winston, FL on the 21st at 7am. Looked that up on Google Earth and sure enough it looks like a place to unload cars (See Attached). So yesterday I thought would get the car since it is close to me, but no. Was sure today since the site does not look like it has a lot of parking and a lot of car carriers, but no. Called CSX again today and the train left for "Palm Center", well never heard of that town, if someone knows of it let me know since only shopping centers show in a search, lol. I think they are just screwing with me now
Here it is http://www.transdevelopment.com/proj...ution-facility

Last edited by Big Vito; 3/23/11 at 11:52 PM.
Old 3/24/11, 02:54 AM

How do you track a boss once notified it is on rail car?
Old 3/24/11, 03:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Ron, Carrollton is just south of Smithfield on the western side of the Tidewater area.

Scott, it must be a YB conspiracy.
Old 3/24/11, 05:27 AM
GT Member

Kevin, I'm in VA alot, do u guys have a local mustang club, if so do you have any dates for shows, cruise- in's and things like that

Ron
Old 3/24/11, 05:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Scott, that "labeled" satellite photo is breaking me up!
Old 3/24/11, 07:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
I received a voice mail from FCS this morning with an update that my Boss was in West Virginia. The rest of the message was garbled so I called back to see if there was any additional info I had missed. The FCS representative told me that the car was passing through West Virginia this morning and was now located in Roanoke, VA. That's four hours / 250 miles form where I live.

Then she told me my delivery date had been pushed back an additional week to April 18th (from the 11th). 3 1/2 weeks to travel a distance that can be driven in an afternoon.

I called the dealership to see what information they had (The folks there have really big hearts, but have not been really all that helpful with providing VVR info - another reason I love TMS!). The dealership actually had the same info as FCS for the first time in this whole experience. The sales manager said that they have some folks that may be able to help now that the car is so close.

I'm really excited to get my hands on the wheel of that car, but I don't understand Ford's (contracted) logistics!
If your car,is still on the train,headed towards Va, it will most likely be dropped at the rail head,here in Petersburg Va, then trucked to your dealership.
My buddy works for a transport company,that handles all the Ford vehicles,out of the Wagner Road drop off point.
What color is it? I'll tell him to watch out for it.
What dealer is it headed for?
I live in the Chesterfield area.

Last edited by Mus408; 3/24/11 at 07:36 AM.
Old 3/24/11, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Ron, there's actually a number of Mustang clubs in the area. I know of 5 first hand and I'm sure there's a few I don't know of. Cruise-ins happen out in the west part of the area on Friday nights and in VA Beach on Saturdays (again, that I know of). The next two shows are April 15th in VA Beach and May 14th in Smithfield. I'm hoping to make both.

Mus408, I had heard about the ramp in Petersburg. That's where the dealership said they can send a truck out to if they need to. I just don't know when the car will travel from Roanoke to Petersburg. It's Yellow Blaze with black stripes and heading to Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake. Thanks for the assistance, and if you ever head out east towards the coast, first one's on me.

Last edited by Dig-It Racing; 3/24/11 at 09:28 AM.
Old 3/24/11, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Thumbs up

Ron, there's actually a number of Mustang clubs in the area. I know of 5 first hand and I'm sure there's a few I don't know of. Cruise-ins happen out in the west part of the area on Friday nights and in VA Beach on Saturdays (again, that I know of). The next two shows are April 15th in VA Beach and May 14th in Smithfield. I'm hoping to make both.

Mus408, I had heard about the ramp in Petersburg. That's where the dealership said they can send a truck out to if they need to. I just don't know when the car will travel from Roanoke to Petersburg. It's Yellow Blaze with black stripes and heading to Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake. Thanks for the assistance, and if you ever head out east towards the coast, first one's on me.

Glad to help,Kevin! Our cruise-in schedule starts April 1,and we have several nice areas in the Colonial Heights/Chesterfield area.
Also the Central Va. Mustang Club is very active with shows.
Hope to meet you at some event.
BTW are you going to take the Boss,to the Boss Reunion track/show event,down at VIR? I think it's the last weekend in May.
Old 3/24/11, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like the car carriers are really dropping the ball here
Old 3/24/11, 01:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par

Sounds like the car carriers are really dropping the ball here
No, it IS like ford is really dropping the ball. There ordering system sux! My dealer gets no info, while others get tons of info. Some people get updates, some get BS info, some get unno! FCS must be so backed up because I've sent 2 emails in 2 weeks time & have yet to hear their usual response " sorry, no new info" I'm waiting for a call back from my dealer to get my deposit back, just to reorder with a different dealer that knows they have a second Q allocation. My dealer might have a second Q, but he doesn't know ANYTHING! What a hassle it has been in the whole ordering/receiving process,
Old 3/24/11, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mus408
BTW are you going to take the Boss,to the Boss Reunion track/show event,down at VIR? I think it's the last weekend in May.
Superfest, May 28-30. Yes, I'm already signed up. It's being run by three different Cobra/Shelby clubs. I don't think the Boss reunion is there since it's being held in Dearborn in August. I did hear that Ford is bringing some Boss's to the event though.

Same here!
Old 3/24/11, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Glad to help,Kevin! Our cruise-in schedule starts April 1,and we have several nice areas in the Colonial Heights/Chesterfield area.
Also the Central Va. Mustang Club is very active with shows.
Nice to see a fellow Chesterfield mustanger
Old 3/24/11, 09:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by conv_stang
Nice to see a fellow Chesterfield mustanger
And to you also! Do you take in any of the area cruise-ins?
They have that little Shelby/Cobra/Boss Mustang gathering,once a year,at the RT.10 Sports Park,May 7 this year too.
Old 3/25/11, 07:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello guys,

I know the last stretch is feeling like the longest one yet! Remember these words, “I’m going to be the hottest thing on my block”!!! Thank you for your support guys!

Deysha
Old 3/25/11, 07:23 AM
GT Member

This all brings back the memories,on the BON site,while awaiting my 2001 Bullitt. Mine was built early April,and arrived on April 27.
Old 3/25/11, 08:36 AM
GT Member

My source tells me,your car COULD be there sitting on a rail car.
However,the trucking company that hauls the GM vehicles,lost the contract,and the yard is full of GM vehicles awaiting transport.
So they might have rail cars stacked up,until things get moving.

Quick Reply: Boss Made it to VA! With bad news though!