Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

The Boss is Back! 2012 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/10, 01:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe in 2013

I think Randy Pobst should get a fat check from Ford as I think his R&T vid on youtube pitting the M3 against the Mustang GT will be result in a few thousand Mustang sales. In fact after watching that vid I went down to my local dealer and drove a new GT 5.0 and a used '07 GT500. I came away impressed with both of them, very solid feeling cars, no rattles, nice lines, interior looks good and the performance was really eye opening, especially the GT500. In general the quality was much better than the last modern Mustang I had experience with, a '95 Cobra.

I like to see Ford going after the euros with the new Boss 302. I'd love to see the Boss 302 hand BMW, the M3 and their pompous owners their *** at the track and the street. Ford has a golden opportunity to recapture many of those who have fled American manufacturers for foreign cars over the years with the new 5.0 and Boss 302 Mustang, I'm one of them.

I've had two '70 Boss 302's so I really like that Ford is bringing back the monicker. From what I've seen the performance is going to be at least on par with the euros and will likely exceed the M3 which is the benchmark for most performance cars. I'm interested but I don't think I'll be getting one just yet. I've always preferred the '70 stripes and shaker and I'm just too suspicious that Ford will produce a '70 2013 model with a wider color palette to choose from and possibly a shaker if they can get one to work around that giant strut tower brace.

The designers completely jacked up the color/stripe combos, such a dissappointment. It appeals to the fast and furious kids, the ricers, and not to those who can afford this car. If they want to recapture some euro conquest sales they need to make the car as aesthetically nostalgic as possible, not as visibly loud, what guys who can afford it have fond memories of. I'm 40 years old and could see myself in a new one that more closely follows the originals, but not any of the new color combos.

No Boss 302 ever had a roof other than the body color and no Boss 302 that was available to the comsumer ever had stripes other than black, and reflectorized at that, which the new ones are not. They really should rethink the colors. If they're going to follow the chronology of the original Boss 302 they need to offer 4 colors for 2012, yellow, orangy red, blue and white, black stripes, black on the hood and the decklid. For 2013 broaden the color palette for some grabber, metallic colors like they did in '70, make the stripes of the '70 hockey stick variety and make that shaker hood scoop optional. That's a car I'd sell mine for.....
Old 9/2/10, 02:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
I'd love to see the Boss 302 hand BMW, the M3 and their pompous owners their *** at the track and the street.

Ford has a golden opportunity to recapture many of those who have fled American manufacturers for foreign cars over the years with the new 5.0 and Boss 302 Mustang, I'm one of them.

It appeals to the fast and furious kids, the ricers, and not to those who can afford this car.
1st, have you had the pleasure of driving or better yet owning an M3,,I have and do. I have owned many muscle cars over the years (including Mustangs) and I must tell you, there is a reason every auto manufacturer strives to catch up to the M3, and tries to compare there product to the M3, WHY,,Because the M3 is the benchmark in it's category, that is why FORD said they wanted to beat the M3 on the track. They may beat the M3 on the track from time to time, but they still have a long, long way to go to catch up to the quality, comfort and overall performance of the M3.

You said "I'm one of them" so am I, I'd love to see a shift in American sentiment (American = Junk vs Foreign = Quality) it is slowly shifting and It's very fragile.

As for the BOSS "appealing to the fast and furious kids, the ricers, and not to those who can afford this car" you must be talking about yourself, because I'm gonna be driving one (I'm not a KID or a RICER) and so will alot of people like you and me, who can get there hands on one.

I understand your enthusiasm, but please, don't stereo type us pompous *** M3 owners, we like what you like "Fast cars that work">>

LQQK
Old 9/2/10, 02:49 PM
GT Member

I will say without reservation that BMW M3 owners, albeit not to the level of 911 owners, are quite pompous. But then it's not bragging if it's true right? I had a E46 M3 for a few years and it was a great car.
Old 9/2/10, 02:54 PM
Cobra Member

I will say without reservation that BMW M3 owners, albeit not to the level of 911 owners, are quite pompous.
OK, you have your opinion, I will not be lured into a pissing contest with you.

Have a good one.

LQQK
Old 9/2/10, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I will say without reservation that BMW M3 owners, albeit not to the level of 911 owners, are quite pompous. But then it's not bragging if it's true right? I had a E46 M3 for a few years and it was a great car.
Not saying anything about you here Randy but I find it funny that you owned one of the last "purist" M3's as they like to say. Ergo, the claimed "pompous" group now grew to an even more pompous amount since these owners are typically the most snobby about why their M3's are king. Just thought it was funny that you brought up the subject and a car that in it's own way is the MOST snobbish of them all.

Sorry, I just had to play Devil's advocate just a tad. Have fun everyone the new BOSS is around the corner! Get it?....
Old 9/2/10, 03:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Not saying anything about you here Randy but I find it funny that you owned one of the last "purist" M3's as they like to say. Ergo, the claimed "pompous" group now grew to an even more pompous amount since these owners are typically the most snobby about why their M3's are king. Just thought it was funny that you brought up the subject and a car that in it's own way is the MOST snobbish of them all.

Sorry, I just had to play Devil's advocate just a tad. Have fun everyone the new BOSS is around the corner! Get it?....
I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone who has a M3. I've had many euro cars and in my experience those who own them tend to put their marques on a pedestal. I suppose we all do it at times. We want to be proud of what our hard earned money was spent on. Because of the glorious reviews the M3 gets I would argue that M3 owners are particularly proud, as well they should be... I just grow tired of it and am hoping the Boss 302 can knock the M3 off it's throne. I've always rooted for the underdog.
Old 9/2/10, 03:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Doesn't matter if I have the money or not for an M3, none of those cars do a thing for me. My brother-in-law has a new Porsche 911 GT3 and it does nothing for me. I want American Muscle!!! I love the muscle car look and sound.
Old 9/2/10, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone who has a M3. I've had many euro cars and in my experience those who own them tend to put their marques on a pedestal. I suppose we all do it at times. We want to be proud of what our hard earned money was spent on. Because of the glorious reviews the M3 gets I would argue that M3 owners are particularly proud, as well they should be... I just grow tired of it and am hoping the Boss 302 can knock the M3 off it's throne. I've always rooted for the underdog.
I knew what you were getting at earlier. Just thought it was a funny coincidence. I'd drive any M series car if given the chance! I love our 335 but it is what it is and it's not exactly what I want. I agree that Mustang has a long way to go before they rival the Euro-tourers keen features, but it has come a long way. I respect that
Old 9/2/10, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I will say without reservation that BMW M3 owners are quite pompous. I had a E46 M3
lol, if you say so
Old 9/2/10, 04:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
lol, if you say so
What part are you commenting about? That imo M3 owners can be pompous, or that I had one?
Old 9/2/10, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enough of the M3 stuff already. Can we get back to the topic of this thread?
Old 9/2/10, 05:24 PM
GT Member

I agree. I only commented on the M3 as that's what Ford is gunning for w/ the new Boss.
Old 9/2/10, 09:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
. My brother-in-law has a new Porsche 911 GT3 and it does nothing for me.
That car is AMAZING! Of course, it is in a different class.
Old 9/2/10, 10:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonW
Enough of the M3 stuff already. Can we get back to the topic of this thread?
+1

LQQK
Old 9/3/10, 06:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
That car is AMAZING! Of course, it is in a different class.
I guess it is but it just doesn't hold any interest for me. I suppose there are some people who my GT500 does nothing for either (gasp!!!!).
Old 9/4/10, 01:05 PM
GT Member

I posted my opinions about the colors/stripes on the Ford Story website:

http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan...s-302-mustang/

Anyone who's not all that pleased with the color combos may want to do the same as it's one of Ford's websites.
Old 9/6/10, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

Comments posted - I've been leaving feedback for Ford every chance I get regarding their color "packages"
Old 9/6/10, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Posted a comment asking for Sync, HID's, and satellite radio.
Old 9/6/10, 10:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lol.
Old 9/7/10, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't now I was "pompous"...

Quick Reply: The Boss is Back! 2012 Boss 302